Sidi,
Where can you buy this stuff from in the UK or Europe apart from Ebay?
I think this is a discontinued product, has been for many years.
 
What about equivalents from other houses like AO or ASAQ? Or the artisinal perfumers like Sultan Pasha, Russian Adam, Dominique Dabrona etc?
 
An Najwa -Ruh Al Ward!!!!! 🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

I’m officially obsessed with this ultra fine rose oil.

As someone who’s picky and weird about rose I can easily say this is one of the best I’ve ever smelled. His description refers to it as sparkling but I don’t think even that quite does it justice. From the bottle it has a jammy back note that it’s hard to believe exists in a nonvintage oil. Almost like candied rose petal. Citrus yes, but with a meaty element. As soon as it hits my skin it bursts with a bitter coffee note, then green swirls into a lush rosiness. A tannic note like a boozy red wine appears after its completely opened up. More like a centifola than damascene. Pink and orange. Toothsome, scintillating. I can almost taste it. Rosewood and blue cypress. Really, really potent. Less than a dot is enough to bathe me in a cloud of pure heaven for hours.

Deeply euphoric. I cant remember when I’ve worn anything that brings me such a sense of joy and contentment. I find myself breathing more deeply when I wear it trying to take in every molecule of that wonderful smell.
 
Last edited:
@mesOUD - Mysore Sandal & Civet Paste

Just as stinky as the first time I applied it. Rotting used diapers and stale cat shit. After enduring passed the opening you are greeted by the sexiest buttery floral scent. From repulsive to seductive in the span of an hour. Like climbing a difficult mountain to reach the gorgeous view at the summit.
 
An Najwa -Ruh Al Ward!!!!! 🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

I’m officially obsessed with this ultra fine rose oil.

As someone who’s picky and weird about rose I can easily say this is one of the best I’ve ever smelled. His description refers to it as sparkling but I don’t think even that quite does it justice. From the bottle it has a jammy back note that it’s hard to believe exists in a nonvintage oil. Almost like candied rose petal. Citrus yes, but with a meaty element. As soon as it hits my skin it bursts with a bitter coffee note, then green swirls into a lush rosiness. A tannic note like a boozy red wine appears after its completely opened up. More like a centifola than damascene. Pink and orange. Toothsome, scintillating. I can almost taste it. Rosewood and blue cypress. Really, really potent. Less than a dot is enough to bathe me in a cloud of pure heaven for hours.

Deeply euphoric. I cant remember when I’ve worn anything that brings me such a sense of joy and contentment. I find myself breathing more deeply when I wear it trying to take in every molecule of that wonderful smell.
Happy to know youre enjoying it 🙂

It is indeed one of the best Ruh Gulab i have ever put my nose on.
 
Cannabis / hemp essential oil from Eden botanicals. Green herbal scent with pine needle and tart / tangy aspect but some bitter angelica and galbanum like green notes. Reminds me of the "sour tangie" oil that ejayb distilled a couple of years ago but this has a little more green stem scent. I can tell that it's cannabis knowing it ahead of time but i am not sure what i would have thought it was if i had sniffed it blind the first time i smelled it. The mid notes are a bit "hashey" and I noticed it is thickening up a bit on the threads - might be an interesting oil to age and smell more like hash when it thickens up. Maybe this will be like cannabis version of thick vintage patchouli ten years from now... some thick heavy resinous luxury scent. I'm not counting on it though - at this point it is top and mid note oriented and evaporates pretty quickly.

The town I live in was famous for its super potent cannabis extract in the 1800s. I am thinking of making a distilled eau de cologne that features cannabis as one of the herbal notes (lavender and rosemary are the traditional choices), and putting that in the shop with some reference to the town's history on the bottles.


IMG_8780.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Attar Al Kaaba from Rising Phoenix. This is my first oud rose attar and I find it very interesting. Opens with dominant rose then quickly turns to barnyard oud. After about 10 minutes it projects a smooth blend of rosy oud that’s perfectly blended. What stands out is just how smooth the whole thing is. There’s no rough edges or pieces out of place. Just really pleasant.
 
I tried Lucky Oud's Peepul today. It took me straight to a Peepul tree standing in very mild rain, surrounded by green grasses. Lots of quality ingredients seem to have been used here like frankincense and coffee. Peepul actually has a stunning black coffee note that lasts a long time. Green grass and Earthy notes come from a superbly blended Patcholi I believe. Peepul I think is the Bodhi tree under which Lord Buddha meditated. Any one likes Peepul here?
 
Made my dealer mix me a batch of my interpretation of King Abdullah mulhallat
Half aged Cambodian and half Assam indian, and 6 drops of taifi rose in a 6ml bottle (yes the rose IS overpowering)
The Cambodian is a very old one, very floral and sweet and has a pear or apple hint, with the tiniest bit of animal and wood. The assam he calls “Hindi Azrag” or “blue Indian” and as it’s named it’s very blue, hard to describe, barnyard, rain, resinous, and like eating a blueberry gelato sweetened with palm sugar.

It’s the first oud based oil that my wife likes, she says it smells like Eid morning. The initial rose explosion manages to cover the medium strength barnyard and the smell is incredible throughout.
I’ll leave it in the drawer for the oils to get to know each other and I’ll test it again in a week or so.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_5082.webp
    53.4 KB · Views: 97
Made my dealer mix me a batch of my interpretation of King Abdullah mulhallat
Half aged Cambodian and half Assam indian, and 6 drops of taifi rose in a 6ml bottle (yes the rose IS overpowering)
The Cambodian is a very old one, very floral and sweet and has a pear or apple hint, with the tiniest bit of animal and wood. The assam he calls “Hindi Azrag” or “blue Indian” and as it’s named it’s very blue, hard to describe, barnyard, rain, resinous, and like eating a blueberry gelato sweetened with palm sugar.

It’s the first oud based oil that my wife likes, she says it smells like Eid morning. The initial rose explosion manages to cover the medium strength barnyard and the smell is incredible throughout.
I’ll leave it in the drawer for the oils to get to know each other and I’ll test it again in a week or so.
Isn't it interesting that the Rose holds its own so well! You would think if anything could throw a blanket over some rose oil it would be some hindi oud! The particulars of how oils interact and combine is an endless daunting and fascinating puzzle.
 
Made my dealer mix me a batch of my interpretation of King Abdullah mulhallat
Half aged Cambodian and half Assam indian, and 6 drops of taifi rose in a 6ml bottle (yes the rose IS overpowering)
The Cambodian is a very old one, very floral and sweet and has a pear or apple hint, with the tiniest bit of animal and wood. The assam he calls “Hindi Azrag” or “blue Indian” and as it’s named it’s very blue, hard to describe, barnyard, rain, resinous, and like eating a blueberry gelato sweetened with palm sugar.

It’s the first oud based oil that my wife likes, she says it smells like Eid morning. The initial rose explosion manages to cover the medium strength barnyard and the smell is incredible throughout.
I’ll leave it in the drawer for the oils to get to know each other and I’ll test it again in a week or so.
Love the detail on this brother Saud! My mouth is salivating thinking about the blueberry gelato and palm sugar, and the scent imagery of it smelling like Eid morning, I'm sure where you're based Eid morning must be in incredibly fragrant affair! A week for sure is a decent enough to let the oils get to know each other, perhaps not enough but better than the first couple of days in terms of what the final blend will smell like!

I've been watching a lot of video from Maysam Co video thanks to YouTube subtitles and took a lot of inspiration from his tips on how to structure mukhallats, mostly confirming how little Ward Taifi is needed for effect. I recall him adding 3 drops to a tola of a strong oud, and with aged Shamama tul Amber only adding a single drop to a whole tola! Even going as far as to say he doesn't even know how to mix Shamama into quarter tolas. Following his example I created some pseudo blends, which haven't been the greatest successes but I did enjoy his recommendation to add a couple drops of Ward Taifi to ouds you aren't perhaps the greatest fan of. So that's what I did which some economic Thai and Malay oils I got. What really surprised me is that while they were fresh they smelled anything but pleasant but some 10 months later, even these cultivated oils started to smell quite wonderful!
 
I have tried King Abdullah attar at ASAQ. Has anyone tried King Fahad blend from Arabian Oud, Oxford Street, London? Is the newer King Fahad the same as the old one or it has been reformulated? Are King Abdullah attar and King Fahad blend similar?
 
Special Reserve No.2 from @Al Hashimi.

Summer is coming to an end here in England and this blend compliments the weather well. It is genuinely a beautiful attar that deserves a place in your collection. Even after just lifting the cap, a waft of red/purple musky berries greets me and this plummy goodness carries on after application for about an hour before my nose start picking up on the animalics.

In the writeup on their website they mention it is as if it is oud but yet not quite oud at the same time, I agree. It is as if someone has taken all the aspects of agarwood that I enjoy, brung out the beauty in them, and then recombined them in one bottle. Or, approaching it another way - it is as if a beautifully cured tobacco leaf has been taken and rolled up with a filler of resinous agarwood and musk grains and then dunked in an unctuous plum juice.

A bit fruity, a bit musky, a bit barny, a bit floral, a bit sweet, a bit earthy. Lasts 6/8 hours + and develops throghout the day. I am loving this.
[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
I am trying to understand "Birch tar oil rectified" from perfume supply house. I'm familiar with the smell of burning birch and the scent of birch tar, but this stuff smells more like straight up creosote and woodsmoke. The intense smoky aspect makes the birch note hard to detect. I'll have to try diluting this down to a fraction of a percent see how it comes across then.

This material seems like it would be useful for adding a literal smoke note to an oud-tobacco mukh.
 
I am trying to understand "Birch tar oil rectified" from perfume supply house. I'm familiar with the smell of burning birch and the scent of birch tar, but this stuff smells more like straight up creosote and woodsmoke. The intense smoky aspect makes the birch note hard to detect. I'll have to try diluting this down to a fraction of a percent see how it comes across then.

This material seems like it would be useful for adding a literal smoke note to an oud-tobacco mukh.
Combine it with Cade oil and castoreum and you have your natural leather accord or at least how perfumers did back in the days.
 
Back
Top