Ajmal AA Musk Ghazelle staring down anything within a 30 foot radius that has any kind of a smell of its own. Beast mode musk, i keep the glass bottle in a small plastic container, this is in a double lid metal tea tin. Some soaked past the plug a bit, and when the outer lid comes off the scent will fill a room immediately. Very potent musk / castoreum blend with an incredible addictive long lasting musky dry down. Crazy stuff
[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
Haven't had a chance to wear No. 1 yet, but No. 2 is pretty spectacular. Take the something like Kambodi Katheef on a painter's palette, and add in brushstrokes of vintage civet, musk and ambergris. Nothing to overwhelm the characteristic of the oud, in its sticky, resinous sweet thaqeel goodness, but just enough to make it glow with the animalics. The result, a blend which feels very much like neat oud but with something captivating you, pulling you again and again for additional swipes. Projects quite strongly, it'll easily break down a door, very little is enough to get the job done!

Special Reserve No. 2 has been an obsession, for several days all I could think about was taking all the thaqeels I've collected and adding musk, civet and ambergris to them! Where I settled was take a swipe of a thaqeel (Kambodi Katheef, but Khao Koh by Al Hashimi also worked, and so did Thai Zen by Al Hind Oud, and Tai - O and Thaqeel S by The Oud Lab), and adding in dots of Ghaliya Banu Hashim. This way I was able to enjoy something which approximated what I was craving, but not replicating what you get here.

It got really bad, I was swiping myself after each wudu, and now I'm genuinely worried for the rest of my collection and what'll happen to it if I ever come in contact with enough musk, ambergris and civet 😂
Totally agree SR2 is amazing.

What did you think of Thai Zen compared to Kambodi Katheef
 
Using some of mesoud's centifolia absolute in a premium batch of a perfume I cooked up that i am pretty happy with. The perfume depends in part on rose for its top and middle notes, and the mesoud rose makes up a good percentage of that part of the fragrance. This batch is smelling great so far, still needs to mature for a few weeks. i'm proud of this fragrance because it actually unfolds like a perfume with very distinctive opening and an entirely different dry down/base.
 
Using some of mesoud's centifolia absolute in a premium batch of a perfume I cooked up that i am pretty happy with. The perfume depends in part on rose for its top and middle notes, and the mesoud rose makes up a good percentage of that part of the fragrance. This batch is smelling great so far, still needs to mature for a few weeks. i'm proud of this fragrance because it actually unfolds like a perfume with very distinctive opening and an entirely different dry down/base.
His rose absolute was very good
 
Elkhaldi - SQ Ghaliya Assam
This is a very interesting blend. I have it for a while and when I was wearing it during the winter in the cold temp. it opened up with a fresh uplifting minty and citrussy profile (I know there is no mint etc in the blend). Then transforming to a beautiful traditional, slightly spicy & musky oudy ghaliya profile with the fresh hints still here and there setting it apart from other traditional heavy and clumpy ghaliyas. There is no animalic/pungent aroma from the oud or musk but more of an intense musky/oudy profile in the heart with a lovely vanillic drydown.

However it smells very different in hot temp. (Around this time). In these temp. it starts more with this floral geranium, slightly citrussy and pretty spicy (cinnamon & clove) and the minty freshness is not present anymore. However the heart and drydown stayed similar to what I experienced in the winter.
Really lovely how this blend shows different facets in different temp.
I would only criticise the fluid consistency of the oil!? I think it is the alcohol perfume blend filled in a sample vial & it is not ment as an oily mukhallat
20240806_120239.jpg
 
@mesOUD - Mysore Sandalwood + Civet Paste

What a simple blend, yet creating such a uniquely rancid smell! Baby vomit, loaded diapers, and a litter box full of cat shit. I thought I knew what I was getting into from my experience with Vietnam Classic + Civet Paste before, but this is a different beast. Took me 3 minutes of smelling the dipstick to acquire the courage to open the bottle. Smelling it made me physically gag. After applying it on skin I’m actually starting to like it. Noticing the buttery sweet baked raisin Mysore and skanky funk of the civet separate and become more palatable. I thought there wasn’t much that was going to be challenging for me anymore, I was proven wrong tonight.
[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
Home made mukh:

Saffron tincture 10% (w/w saffron threads from An Najwa) and dissolved in that: santalol extract of An Najwa saffron (10% w/w) and some "economy Lao" oil from ejayb / olefaktory (i noticed that it had a bit of a saffron note in its dry down on blotter paper so i figured a good match for the saffron extracts).

Top notes are dry, resiny, mineral. Not what I expected. A little musky. Stains skin. Either my nose is oversaturated or the overall effect is not particularly strong. Very pleasant, but the ratios I picked are pretty random and it smells like it. Lovely color though...

[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
Very own blend after a few sleepless nights. Simple but complex:
Gul a lal, white floral in the center
Saffron
3 types mysore sandal
2 types malay oud
2 types indian oud
Touch of indian gulab

View attachment 39751
That's got to smell good 🙂 Can you share a bit about gul a lal?
 
That's got to smell good 🙂 Can you share a bit about gul a lal?
I wasn’t familiar with gul e lal up until recently. I was told that it is also known as white poppy flower. It smells so good as to become a standalone perfume by itself. Akin to some jasmines with typical characterestics of white florals, and a light touch of indolic nature. I think it is native to south east asia and afghanistan, if somebody here knows more about gul e lal, please enlighten us.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    1723418122389.webp
    31.1 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Ajmal AA Musk Ghazelle staring down anything within a 30 foot radius that has any kind of a smell of its own. Beast mode musk, i keep the glass bottle in a small plastic container, this is in a double lid metal tea tin. Some soaked past the plug a bit, and when the outer lid comes off the scent will fill a room immediately. Very potent musk / castoreum blend with an incredible addictive long lasting musky dry down. Crazy stuffView attachment 39602View attachment 39603View attachment 39604View attachment 39605
Sidi,
Where can you buy this stuff from in the UK or Europe apart from Ebay?
 
Back
Top