Speaking of which I was following a conversation @Faris and @Saudalhajri were talking about An Najwa's Ruh Khus and I was way too lost in work to post that day, but I tried three dots of it with a slight bit more of Kangiiten's Kangii Attar (which reminded me of you, Jazzoid) and the resulting combination was just mind-blowing!

Not simply good, or pretty good but out of this world almost! By itself I find Kangii Attar to be way too sweet for my liking but just the touch of this special Ruh Khus, while initially overtaken by the musky rose overload, settled into something rounder and toned down the sweetness. The roundness almost reminded me of Sandalwood, if anyone can believe that!

The rest of the week I really enjoyed mixing some oils I purchased from Sokkat Al Teeb. While the ghaliyahs have been delightful, there's been a combination of various types of plantation Crassnas with Bulgarian rose, Turkish Lavender and Cardamom that I've been gravitating towards. I'm using a mukhallat of Prachin Oud with a co-distillation of Lavender and Cardamom, and another simpler mukhallat of Prachin Oud and Lavender, alongside their Bulgarian Rose oil to come up with a lot of combinations. I love using the cool spiciness of Cardamom, but a little can mask everything so exercise caution!

I think what I'll explore next is wearing the Kangii Attar with some of Lavender/Cardamom/Oud mukhallat, and perhaps a bit of the Khus as well. I do regret the days I find a recipe I can't get enough of, having no way of accurately replicating it.
What did you order from Sokkat Alteeb and what do you think of them?
The cardamom oud is a big winner. It’s the first “blend” I ever made a very long time ago. Dark Indian oud + white synthetic musk oil + a couple drops of cardamom not too much. Better done with a balanced powdery sweet musk that you find in big stores like Ajmal and ASQ. This blend is perfect for a man all year round at any occasion.
 
What did you order from Sokkat Alteeb and what do you think of them?
The cardamom oud is a big winner. It’s the first “blend” I ever made a very long time ago. Dark Indian oud + white synthetic musk oil + a couple drops of cardamom not too much. Better done with a balanced powdery sweet musk that you find in big stores like Ajmal and ASQ. This blend is perfect for a man all year round at any occasion.
I’ve been curious in trying Sokkat Alteeb’s attars. I’ve been interested, ever since I saw their videos on YouTube back in the day. If I could read Arabic I would’ve probably ordered something from their website by now.

I’m not expecting 100% natural artisan perfumery, which is no problem as my interest in fragrance is wide spectrum, anything from lab produced synthetic molecules to pure essential oils sourced from nature. I have as much passion for classical French perfumery as I do artisanal Arabian / Indian attars.

Brother, your blends sound fantastic! I love Hindi Oud + white musk combination. I know most people here are opposed to white musks, but I think they smell beautiful with that irone, rosy, powdery-soapy clean sweetness. Misk Al Jism (Body Musk) - ASQ is my personal favourite.

Ahmaoud - what Ghaliyah would you recommend firstly to try?…
 
I’ve been thinking about Rose recently & this morning I’ve applied Kashani Yellow - The Oud Lab to my beard & clothing, in quite a heavy amount also!

This is the only Iranian Rose oil in my collection, a glorious citrus pink rosiness. Zero off notes, nothing overtly spicy or green, no copper inflections, just the vibrant luminosity of beautiful blooming Roses in the summer heat. Obviously a very high grade of Rose oil.
Slightly sweeter, more rounded & minty than other Damascena oils in my collection.
[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day

In addition to the Kashani Yellow, I’ve just swiped Mysore Antique - An Najwa. I love the Rose & Sandalwood combination, they compliment each other wonderfully.

This is a beautifully aged Govt Factory Mysore oil from the 1960’s. It has that wonderful milky, buttery, spicy, floral aroma you get from excellent quality Sandalwood. It smells almost identical to old black meat Mysore on the sub at low heat, complete with a tiny hint of smoke.
The tangy citrus top notes & sawdust / wood grain nuances I sometimes perceive in younger Mysore oils has been mellowed by the aging process, leaving only the lactonic, floral, incensey notes. While refined & discrete, the high % of Santalol in this oil makes it last much longer on skin than normal. A true base note / fixative material.
As I move around, I’m getting the most lovely sillage of fresh Rose & buttery Sandalwood.
 
I’ve been curious in trying Sokkat Alteeb’s attars. I’ve been interested, ever since I saw their videos on YouTube back in the day. If I could read Arabic I would’ve probably ordered something from their website by now.

I’m not expecting 100% natural artisan perfumery, which is no problem as my interest in fragrance is wide spectrum, anything from lab produced synthetic molecules to pure essential oils sourced from nature. I have as much passion for classical French perfumery as I do artisanal Arabian / Indian attars.

Brother, your blends sound fantastic! I love Hindi Oud + white musk combination. I know most people here are opposed to white musks, but I think they smell beautiful with that irone, rosy, powdery-soapy clean sweetness. Misk Al Jism (Body Musk) - ASQ is my personal favourite.

Ahmaoud - what Ghaliyah would you recommend firstly to try?…
I also found out about them from YouTube, their videos are quite helpful but I’ve never ordered from them.
From the description they do have natural blends as well as synthetic. They use synthetic musks for some blends and in others Siberian musk. I don’t really like synthetics and I never use them, the only time I used them was in making the first blend with white musk.

Are you planning to order from Sokkat Al Teeb? If you do please write a review, I’m interested in their products. And if you need translation I’m a native speaker and can help.
 
I also found out about them from YouTube, their videos are quite helpful but I’ve never ordered from them.
From the description they do have natural blends as well as synthetic. They use synthetic musks for some blends and in others Siberian musk. I don’t really like synthetics and I never use them, the only time I used them was in making the first blend with white musk.

Are you planning to order from Sokkat Al Teeb? If you do please write a review, I’m interested in their products. And if you need translation I’m a native speaker and can help.
I’m fascinated by the chemistry of synthetic aroma molecules. Obviously nothing can compete with the richness & pure beauty of natural materials, however! As a lover of all perfume genres, especially classical French perfumery, it goes with the territory.
I have zero issue unless I’m being sold a perfume/attar that’s reported to be 100% natural, and it actually contains synthetics.

Thanks for your offer of help brother, I’ll definitely be needing it when I place an order. I’m just waiting on Ahmaoud to recommend a Ghaliyah….
 
I’m fascinated by the chemistry of synthetic aroma molecules. Obviously nothing can compete with the richness & pure beauty of natural materials, however! As a lover of all perfume genres, especially classical French perfumery, it goes with the territory.
I have zero issue unless I’m being sold a perfume/attar that’s reported to be 100% natural, and it actually contains synthetics.

Thanks for your offer of help brother, I’ll definitely be needing it when I place an order. I’m just waiting on Ahmaoud to recommend a Ghaliyah….
there shop like a 20 minutes drive from where I live, I tried some of their offering couple years back nothing interesting, I might visit their store to see if they came up with something nice.
 
Last edited:
I've been watching these 2 extractions (ethanol and santalol) of @An Najwa Mongra saffron for a while... as expected the alcohol extraction is more thorough and rapid than the Santalol extraction. I decided not to grind up the threads for better or for worse... slows down the extraction but it sure looks pretty. Not an issue for the alcohol but santalol is so slow to permeate, and so I'm sure this one still has a long way to go. I'd really prefer the smell of the santalol extraction. The alcohol extract is a bit stuffy but makes my stomach grumble and has me thinking of rice and seafood, whereas the one in santalol is beautiful on an abstract olfactory level (and a less savory/gustatory level) and traces on skin from handling the bottle brings exotic perfume and attars to mind like a sledgehammer.
[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
Huh! I thought I was alone. Saffron in alcohol doesn’t smell like saffron in alcohol, at least not at the beginning stage. Smells more starchy.
So you think that will change with time? I was beginning to get worried that it was just going to keep getting stuffier and starchier the longer I let it sit in the alcohol. I mean it's very possible that all of the really delicate fragrant stuff comes out right away and as it sits over months what you end up getting are heavier molecules, less readily soluble...waxes and pigments and complex carbs and whatnot.

I've said this like five times here but I've made a couple of Sandalwood tinctures (and I suggest you do your own experiments to verify before investing) but I wish I had not let them soak as long as I had. I feel like the one I really put quality stuff into went downhill after a month or maybe it was just a couple of weeks. I double down and decided just to ride it out to the bitter end but it ended up smelling duller and more heavy/waxy with time... It was phenomenal very early on. of course each material has its own secrets.
 
So you think that will change with time? I was beginning to get worried that it was just going to keep getting stuffier and starchier the longer I let it sit in the alcohol. I mean it's very possible that all of the really delicate fragrant stuff comes out right away and as it sits over months what you end up getting are heavier molecules, less readily soluble...waxes and pigments and complex carbs and whatnot.

I've said this like five times here but I've made a couple of Sandalwood tinctures (and I suggest you do your own experiments to verify before investing) but I wish I had not let them soak as long as I had. I feel like the one I really put quality stuff into went downhill after a month or maybe it was just a couple of weeks. I double down and decided just to ride it out to the bitter end but it ended up smelling duller and more heavy/waxy with time... It was phenomenal very early on. of course each material has its own secrets.
no idea to be honest, its my first saffron tincture. Saffron in water has a better scent, perhaps 70% alcohol is better than 99%? its been sitting for around a month now, so i'll have to check on it now.
 
White Kyara by Agar Aura
simply stunning. a spicy gourmand woody cocktail with the right amount of musk. one advise, if you have green kyara from AA you don't need this one.
How’s this one compare to kinam attar? I think that one is meant to replicate white kinam. Also felt like that one was redundant with green kyara, but a decent less expensive option.
 
@mesOUD Mitti Attar. I hid my 5ml bottle from myself and just found it tonight. It’s not as terra cotta forward as some but it has this background richness that I can’t figure out. It’s warm, soft, creamy, with a perfumey quality and maybe leathery? It really projects and has great longevity. I absolutely love it and dread the day it runs out.
 
I spiced up my bottle of this. Added Indian vetiver, cedar moss, cistus, and pink pepper.

Today I am wearing the Blue lotus/Tarakan attar from Dr. Incense, plus a fumigation of 2 types of Tarakan wood from Kangiiten😝. I think this attar may work a bit better spread out to bring down the heavy indoles. Super nice blue lotus which genuinely feels psychedelic, though this oud wouldn't be my first choice to mix it with.

Nice to post again after a break, really enjoying going through all your comments!
@Jazzoid this sounds very intereseting. Did you add the oils, or were any of them Essential oil/absolute etc, and how did it change the perfume altogether? I did buy a total of 3 bottles of the Jinkoh Fushigi 🙈 and one of them is almost half way, I might be willing to experiment with this one.
 
Speaking of which I was following a conversation @Faris and @Saudalhajri were talking about An Najwa's Ruh Khus and I was way too lost in work to post that day, but I tried three dots of it with a slight bit more of Kangiiten's Kangii Attar (which reminded me of you, Jazzoid) and the resulting combination was just mind-blowing!

Not simply good, or pretty good but out of this world almost! By itself I find Kangii Attar to be way too sweet for my liking but just the touch of this special Ruh Khus, while initially overtaken by the musky rose overload, settled into something rounder and toned down the sweetness. The roundness almost reminded me of Sandalwood, if anyone can believe that!

The rest of the week I really enjoyed mixing some oils I purchased from Sokkat Al Teeb. While the ghaliyahs have been delightful, there's been a combination of various types of plantation Crassnas with Bulgarian rose, Turkish Lavender and Cardamom that I've been gravitating towards. I'm using a mukhallat of Prachin Oud with a co-distillation of Lavender and Cardamom, and another simpler mukhallat of Prachin Oud and Lavender, alongside their Bulgarian Rose oil to come up with a lot of combinations. I love using the cool spiciness of Cardamom, but a little can mask everything so exercise caution!

I think what I'll explore next is wearing the Kangii Attar with some of Lavender/Cardamom/Oud mukhallat, and perhaps a bit of the Khus as well. I do regret the days I find a recipe I can't get enough of, having no way of accurately replicating it.
I also find the Kangii Attar too sweet at times and have tried combining it with different things, mostly I put a base layer of Sandalwood befor the Kangii Attar. I will try this combination you have mentioned, I have some vetiver from Royal Bengal Ouds that I will use.
If you like Cardamom, I can highly recommend Samadhi from Kangiiten. It is stronger on the clove side though.
 
I'll be testing the rosa oud today. From the bottle I get beautiful sweet rose with a strong woody oud. The burmi on the other hand is phenomenal. I can smell it without even opening the cap.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG-20241011-WA0012.webp
    49.6 KB · Views: 89
Been messing around with rose, ck and labdanum (inspired in part by @mesOUD Qirose 😍).
 
Been messing around with rose, ck and labdanum (inspired in part by @mesOUD Qirose 😍).
In 15 days Hindi rose is coming hopefully,a clean hindi soaked in rose hydrosol,very very deep,soaked about 100 days
-Just an idea keeps gnawing at my mind, I wonder if I should add clay, similar to mitti, or not, I have been thinking for a very long time.
 
Back
Top