I'd like to ask one of the respected IO brothers how similar this is to the recent Ramadan Musk which I've been wearing an awful, awful lot (word needed for the existential despair as one sees the level of precious attar in the bottle slide lower and lower). "Velvety perfumed glitter" is about as perfect a description as I can conjure up.
Ramadan Musk is the superlative degree of the one I wore a couple of days before. The one I had was macerated approximately two years before, and that time Rose was not infused in that. Now that very maceration is available on the website Mysore Bil Misk with a Rose touch.

Ramadan Musk is that maceration but more Musk grains were thrown into that aged one. Therefore, the Musk aroma is stunning. 'velvety perfumed glitter' is the outcome of Mysore Santal 2002. I found this Mysore quite differently hypnotic than the Santal oils on the market.
 
Last edited:
Musk day: left arm Al-Molouk Musk (RPP) and right arm Egyptian Musk (also RPP). The classic floral mélange of AMM contrasts so exquisitely with the iridescent alien earthiness of EM. I still haven't figured out EM, it is gorgeous and striking but it will take longer to truly comprehend. It's amazing.
Yep it is amazing. I am saving to buy the 3ml bottle. Will take some time 😉
 
ASO Saqr

Its hot today...it refresh myself
 
Muska Maharaja from @Mellifluence

I’ve been wearing it almost once per day since I received it. Lovely animalic/ MUSKY from top to bottom but amazingly well balanced with spices and herbs. The Mysore sandalwood is lingering in the background to make the blend so smooth and lovely. Very happy to have one of the last bottles of this batch 😀
Even tho it’s so animalic/spicy it’s not very strong or overwhelming. So I can easily see myself wearing this to university or work. Sits quite close to my skin.
My favourite from the house along Saffron musk imperial

Very kind and professional service from beginning to end.
Thank you so much Mellifluence!
 
Last edited:
I have been enjoying the attars from Elixir Attars. Spirit of Persia is good, I get incense and birch tar with something sweet (maybe saffron?). Spirit of Japan is a bit better, I love the incense and cedar combo that I smell.
 
Oud+Frangipani+Santal (Tyson): Last year Tyson distilled it. This is the only fragrance that my olfactory is blessed with through this forum. The only aroma. Though Oud is light, but all three classical beauties have transmuted into a truly angelic bliss. No auxiliary notes, but what these ingredients are meant to be, only that fragrance caresses olfactory.

Now I am awiting Oud, Sunbul al Teeb (Spikenard) and Santal distillation.
 
Last edited:
Oud+Frangipani+Santal (Tyson): Last year Tyson distilled it. This is the only fragrance that my olfactory is blessed with through this forum. The only aroma. Though Oud is light, but all three classical beauties have transmuted into a truly angelic bliss. No auxiliary notes, but what these ingredients are meant to be, only that fragrance caresses olfactory.

Now I am awiting Oud, Sunbul al Teeb (Spikenard) and Santal distillation.
My friend in india is part of a company that has the only goverment licence to harvest wild trees and there are some really nice one so i should be able to have one of those trees harvested and can distill it , which will be a real treat . Because of the time involved in distilling sandal and oud i think it would be best to distill them seperatly and then later add spikenard as it would be a short distillation time . Im leaning toward thinking that similar distilling times like sandal and oud can be distilled togther but not with short distilling times like with spikenard . I could be wrong but this is my thinking at this stage of my awarness . Im happy your enjoying the oud frangi sandal . I might have purchased a .2 of oud sultani to add a bottle of inkanyezi sandal and then later will add some frangi shhh dont tell anyone though this one im just keeping for me .
 
I might have purchased a .2 of oud sultani to add a bottle of inkanyezi sandal and then later will add some frangi shhh dont tell anyone though this one im just keeping for me .
I think this oud is merauke:Cautious:. If it is so, I am skeptic about the outcome. Though I tried some top class merauke, especially the one I am gifted by a respected member (a private distillation), but still merauke is just merauke, no more. Shoe factory smell. And when price is analyzed, it seems as if some particles of uranium, black diamond, and 'Hindi Oud' are there. Sorry, just kidding.
 
Back
Top