oud sultani is my favorite oud ive ever smelled , i use to have a full bottle but i used it in making a body oil with coconut oil and frankincense resin melted into the coconut oil , looking back i dont think i would have done it but o well cant change the past . there is a full bottle for sale for 3k on ebay 😛'Oud Sultani', as ensar called it, is the best oil Ensar Oud never distilled.
 
I was treated to some of Rising Phoenix's samples late last year and they quickly become some of my favourite attars:

Sicilian Vanilla: A super, warm and deep, vanilla tobacco attar with comforting and delicately tenacious scent, perfectly made and well balanced, it is an inspirational fragrance to say the least.

Musk Rose Attar: Such a juicy and fresh scent, the rose elements are extremely pleasing, it reminds me of the slow distilled Jasmine Sambac from Gulab Singh but smoother and more refreshing. The musk elements are heavenly, a really clean and sweet musk aroma that fuses with the rose perfectly.

The last i think was a purchase from Dubai, it is a stunning Ambergris attar, the most potent i have had the pleasure to smell, incredibly oceanic and raw with a sublime animalic note. This smell takes me on a mental journey to a rainy day on a deserted coastline with iron shipwrecks covered in barnacles!
 
I was treated to some of Rising Phoenix's samples late last year and they quickly become some of my favourite attars:

Sicilian Vanilla: A super, warm and deep, vanilla tobacco attar with comforting and delicately tenacious scent, perfectly made and well balanced, it is an inspirational fragrance to say the least.

Musk Rose Attar: Such a juicy and fresh scent, the rose elements are extremely pleasing, it reminds me of the slow distilled Jasmine Sambac from Gulab Singh but smoother and more refreshing. The musk elements are heavenly, a really clean and sweet musk aroma that fuses with the rose perfectly.

The last i think was a purchase from Dubai, it is a stunning Ambergris attar, the most potent i have had the pleasure to smell, incredibly oceanic and raw with a sublime animalic note. This smell takes me on a mental journey to a rainy day on a deserted coastline with iron shipwrecks covered in barnacles!
I have yet to try his ambergris attar but I agree, Musk Rose and Sicillian Vanilla are wonderful. His sandalwoods are spectacular, I love the Hyraceum sandalwood attar. Have you tried his Egyptian Musk?
 
Sigriya Ceylon (IO), Tibetan Musk, Mysore Santal (IO), Jasmine Maceration: Pretty aged. I infused just 0.1 ml Jasmine; otherwise, it would have been 'jasmirine' that is simply to destroy the whole aroma. Divine pungency of Ceylon Oud, celestial velvety touch of Mysore Santal, romantic feel of Jasmine, and masculine salty and animalic Tibetan Musk.

Malaysian Oud is considered the best for Musk maceration. While, now, I simply negate it. Walla Patta is the best. The first note is Walla Musk, and , YES, it is what its specialty is.
 
Last edited:
Sigriya Ceylon (IO), Tibetan Musk, Mysore Santal (IO), Jasmine Maceration: Pretty aged. I infused just 0.1 ml Jasmine; otherwise, it would have been 'jasmirine' that is simply to destroy the whole aroma. Divine pungency of Ceylon Oud, celestial velvety touch of Mysore Santal, romantic feel of Jasmine, and masculine salty and animalic Tibetan Musk.

Malaysian Oud is considered the best for Musk maceration. While, now, I simply negate it. Walla Patta is the best. The first note is Walla Musk, and , YES, it is what is its specialty.
That sounds wonderful. Yes, jasmine in small quantities, with sandal,oud and musk should make for a supremely seductive scent. And with Tibetan musk...perfect!
 
oud sultani is my favorite oud ive ever smelled , i use to have a full bottle but i used it in making a body oil with coconut oil and frankincense resin melted into the coconut oil , looking back i dont think i would have done it but o well cant change the past . there is a full bottle for sale for 3k on ebay 😛'Oud Sultani', as ensar called it, is the best oil Ensar Oud never distilled.
3 k😕😱😳! You mean 3 kilograms:Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao:! Believe me that much amount will leap out of some stash if there are even five buyers. You know, I have preserved your two Santal, and one Neroli Oud Santal to offer in future. And please second I really acquired from you if somebody asks:Roflmao:. And please don't declare it mandatory to be asked from you prior to contacting me.🙁! :Sneaky::Sneaky::Sneaky:!
 
That sounds wonderful. Yes, jasmine in small quantities, with sandal,oud and musk should make for a supremely seductive scent. And with Tibetan musk...perfect!
But Musk must be there, not a remotest shadow of Musk. Then it is seductive. If Jasmine is even a little bit more, that turns to be a third class attar. I have worse than bad experiences regarding Musk based attars on the market. So, I turned to macerating Musk on my own.
 
Last edited:
But Musk must be there, not a remotest shadow of Musk. Then it is seductive. If Jasmine is even a little bit more, that turns to be a third class attar. I have worse than bad experiences regarding Musk based attars on the market. So, I turned to macerating Musk on my own.
I mostly agree, especially with jasmine musk should dominate. But sometimes I love the shadow of musk too as its effects can be most beautiful, especially in amber blends. But in such a case the blend should not be named with Musk this or that, although I guess it always reads better if musk is in the title 😉
 
friday night!

mellifluence 142 Iasme

jasmine cream in a angelic feather bed of sweet musky heaven….

comes on out of the bottle like sweet smooth jasmine with sprinkles of bright spicy sunshine, pink bubble gum and vanilla ginger tapioca, theres a wet kiss of fine ambergris, and a subtle magnetic aura of oud pushing the embrace of the florals up front until the dry down….


the dry down is a magnificent ethereal ascent of the jasmine into the pure lands leaving the most sultry creamy sweet musky aromatic nest that melts into the skin and weaves its spell for hours…

the performance and sillage were great for a natural attar…

im gonna say this one is unisex…

very impressed with my first mellifluence oil…
 
friday night!

mellifluence 142 Iasme

jasmine cream in a angelic feather bed of sweet musky heaven….

comes on out of the bottle like sweet smooth jasmine with sprinkles of bright spicy sunshine, pink bubble gum and vanilla ginger tapioca, theres a wet kiss of fine ambergris, and a subtle magnetic aura of oud pushing the embrace of the florals up front until the dry down….


the dry down is a magnificent ethereal ascent of the jasmine into the pure lands leaving the most sultry creamy sweet musky aromatic nest that melts into the skin and weaves its spell for hours…

the performance and sillage were great for a natural attar…

im gonna say this one is unisex…

very impressed with my first mellifluence oil…
 
Thank you so much for the beautiful and kind review my friend. I am so pleased you enjoyed it. This had been a long thought-out project i was very excited to release. It is a shame i could only make a small batch due to the small amount of the 1997 Egyptian Jasmine Absolute i had, but i am so pleased it was done and has made its way into the hands of my wonderful customers.
 
Majmoa from Attars Mohd Ayub & Co

Very nice for the price...and peoples love the scent...I can swipe everybody I cross the road 😀
 
today in he heat I’m wearing 121 kapilivastu from Mellifluence...

WOW. I got a sample of this in my last order. And only really wore it today. Man o man what a beauty.

Simple and complex in the same time. Simple in the way that it actually smells like a Burmese oil with extra everything. Extra fruity, extra zesty, extra creamy, extra woody and extra spicy.

Complex in the way that it keep changing from every time I sniff my hand. Different layers of complexity.

Very lovely and PERFECT for the heatwave we have here this summer!
 
Mysuru Santal (IO) & Tibetan Musk Maceration: Before going to bed, Musk aroma is all I need. Extravagantly strong it is. Tibetan Musk has got its momentum now.
Though the Musk aroma is overwhelming, yet I miss the graceful masculine aroma of Kashmiri Musk.
 
today in he heat I’m wearing 121 kapilivastu from Mellifluence...

WOW. I got a sample of this in my last order. And only really wore it today. Man o man what a beauty.

Simple and complex in the same time. Simple in the way that it actually smells like a Burmese oil with extra everything. Extra fruity, extra zesty, extra creamy, extra woody and extra spicy.

Complex in the way that it keep changing from every time I sniff my hand. Different layers of complexity.

Very lovely and PERFECT for the heatwave we have here this summer!
Thanks so much Ahmed. I really appreciate your review and i am so pleased you like it so much.
 
Today I was in the mood for a spicy and serious blend so I put on Musk Amber by Gulab Singh. This is one of those blends where the "musky" scent is of floral origin which I love. The opening is a beautiful sharp, medicinal affair, herbal and floral smelling. I get an image of wild herbs and floral bushes growing on dry soil. Nearby lies a stream bringing some coolness to the dry mix (Hina?). Unfortunately this is also one of those blends that when it starts to dry down you are left with nothing but a bland smell. Even as it settles I do not enjoy the base. For the price though I do not expect anything more. It would be wonderful if Gulab Singh had some more exclusive blends to try.
 
Unfortunately this is also one of those blends that when it starts to dry down you are left with nothing but a bland smell. Even as it settles I do not enjoy the base.
Great, respected Grega. This is what I couldn't learn how to express. This 'bland smell', in my view, is the outcome of essential oils in bulk quantity.
 
Great, respected Grega. This is what I couldn't learn how to express. This 'bland smell', in my view, is the outcome of essential oils in bulk quantity.
Dear Rai Munir that is what I think so too. If there is a nice base of sandal or oud or even of resins that are of a good quality then I can enjoy the depth that such a base offers provided that the other oils are also of a good quality. Then the dry down is beautiful. But if this is lacking I do not buy such blends anymore as I view attars and blends as a luxury and luxury should be enjoyed to the fullest 😉 Better to have one blend that you enjoy to the max than a hundred that you enjoy only one aspect of.
 
Dear Rai Munir that is what I think so too. If there is a nice base of sandal or oud or even of resins that are of a good quality then I can enjoy the depth that such a base offers provided that the other oils are also of a good quality. Then the dry down is beautiful. But if this is lacking I do not buy such blends anymore as I view attars and blends as a luxury and luxury should be enjoyed to the fullest 😉 Better to have one blend that you enjoy to the max than a hundred that you enjoy only one aspect of.
True. I have been saying for so long anything pleasing and pleasant is not necessarily an attar. Without depth, concoction is wastage of time and money.
If making attars were that much an easy task, we all the members would have been self sufficient. Acquiring top class ingredients is a Herculean task. Otherwise, I would have placed orders to some essential oil companies for kilos of essential oils. Those oils suit alcoholic perfumes, and B category attar. But depth and mysterious feel are always absent. One get fed up with that so soon.

I must refer to EO, ASO and AA. I critically observed their strategies. First, the ingredients they use are not too much, but just a few. It means no hotch potch. Second, they just use top quality aged pure oils, not market based 'essential oils. And most of time those oils are distilled under their supervision or by their own selves. Oud and Sandal they have are matchless. Then Sultan Leather, SAQAR, Oud Fougere emerge. Their efforts are adorable.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top