Haha I love that. I wasn’t aware of what’s happening in Haiti, already too much going on on this side. Thanks for letting me know, I’ll get a couple of ounces.
Do you recommend the double distilled or normal one?

I have a sample of the double distilled in front of me here... I was able to dig it up.

It's excellent, classic Haitian vetiver - very smooth and appealing to me. I don't know that it's any better than any other fine specimen of Haitian vetiver but i smell nothing wrong with it, taking a sniff makes me want to buy more.

I also found that sample of the Indian - it is so mild and waxy. Again it seems like it could be an excellent fixative because it's not as aggressive as your typical vetiver.

I'm not sure if the lot numbers are the same so we may be talking about different batches at this point. Lot 3 of the Indian, lot 12 of the haitian.

[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
I have a sample of the double distilled in front of me here... I was able to dig it up.

It's excellent, classic Haitian vetiver - very smooth and appealing to me. I don't know that it's any better than any other fine specimen of Haitian vetiver but i smell nothing wrong with it, taking a sniff makes me want to buy more.

I also found that sample of the Indian - it is so mild and waxy. Again it seems like it could be an excellent fixative because it's not as aggressive as your typical vetiver.

I'm not sure if the lot numbers are the same so we may be talking about different batches at this point. Lot 3 of the Indian, lot 12 of the haitian.

View attachment 42817
Min is lot 11, same color as yours and the description is close. I’m picking up a little smoke too and a little sweet, and has an “aqueous” note, I know water doesn’t have a smell but that’s how it feels. And has a little sour note. As you said it’s smooth but strong, not aggressive as typical ruh khus.
 
Ruh gulab, ajmal Seufi, and Indian vetiver EO from Eden.
The vetiver filled the hole perfectly. The Seufi and Ruh Gulab together smell really nice, but there was something missing and I couldn’t figure it out. It was vetiver!

For reference this was SMAMY pink Ruh Gulab, ajmal Seufi in 1:4ratio. And a tiny drop of vetiver.
I had some ASO Ward Ta'ifi left in a bottle, a small enough amount that it wouldn't pour out and added about 1.5 ml of Sokkat AlTeeb's Dehn Soufi Mizoram, and while the resulting combination is really beautiful, reminds me of imaginary ripe red fruits, almost raspberry like! They always feel like they need something to feel complete, the origin of such an notion I can't quite decipher. I've had great success adding Shamama tul Ambers and Saffron & Musk heavy compositions, and sometimes whole ghaliyahs, all of which are used in the 1 - 2 drop range for a quarter tola, and they just stitch everything up together like a quilt!
 
I had some ASO Ward Ta'ifi left in a bottle, a small enough amount that it wouldn't pour out and added about 1.5 ml of Sokkat AlTeeb's Dehn Soufi Mizoram, and while the resulting combination is really beautiful, reminds me of imaginary ripe red fruits, almost raspberry like! They always feel like they need something to feel complete, the origin of such a notion I can't quite decipher. I've had great success adding Shamama tul Ambers and Saffron & Musk heavy compositions, and sometimes whole ghaliyahs, all of which are used in the 1 - 2 drop range for a quarter tola, and they just stitch everything up together like a quilt!
It isn’t really science based but more like an art. Like cooking. Sometimes all the ingredients smell good, and should fit together, but you need this one thing that “fills the gaps”, sometimes it’s the thing you least expect
 
Enjoying Spanish cypress oil. Beautiful stuff.
 
bangladesh sandalwood, bangladesh oud, nagarmotha, ginger lily.
the giinger lilly is a little too strong, might change with time. So far this blend smells quite good, like a mature woman's night out perfume, or a fancy dinner party perfume. But it's missing something, either vetiver, patchouli, or more oud.
I'm in the market for a good quality patchouli oil.
 
bangladesh sandalwood, bangladesh oud, nagarmotha, ginger lily.
the giinger lilly is a little too strong, might change with time. So far this blend smells quite good, like a mature woman's night out perfume, or a fancy dinner party perfume. But it's missing something, either vetiver, patchouli, or more oud.
I'm in the market for a good quality patchouli oil.
[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day

[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day

Made two perfumes improved from the last one, oud, sandalwood, vetiver, Nagarmotha, ginger lily all from Bangladesh. They both have the same ingredients in different ratios, the masculine blend has more oud, vetiver and Nagarmotha, while the feminine blend has more ginger lily and sandalwood. Both have around 35% oud.

I’ll leave them to macerate then check on them later. Have my hopes up.
 
bangladesh sandalwood, bangladesh oud, nagarmotha, ginger lily.
the giinger lilly is a little too strong, might change with time. So far this blend smells quite good, like a mature woman's night out perfume, or a fancy dinner party perfume. But it's missing something, either vetiver, patchouli, or more oud.
I'm in the market for a good quality patchouli oil.
I would recommend the Payan Bertrand dark Aceh patchouli - Fraterworks carries it. This is the premier geographic region and it's not always easy to get Sumatra patchouly…

This is quality material through and through the kind of thing you want to buy a big bottle of and put in the dark until it turns into some sticky sap 20 years from now.
 
I would recommend the Payan Bertrand dark Aceh patchouli - Fraterworks carries it. This is the premier geographic region and it's not always easy to get Sumatra patchouly…

This is quality material through and through the kind of thing you want to buy a big bottle of and put in the dark until it turns into some sticky sap 20 years from now.
Found Patchouli Dark PA30 on fraterworks’. It’s a lot cheaper than I expected. Patchouli is something I’d consider near the level of oud in terms of depth and complexity but it’s way underpriced. I remember that time I smelled Patch Cola and thought “what region is this wonderful oud from?” And that was the first time I smelled patchouli in its pure natural form.
Fingers crossed nobody reads this and increases their prices 😂
Ill check it out and maybe order a 500ml sample 😃
 
Found Patchouli Dark PA30 on fraterworks’. It’s a lot cheaper than I expected. Patchouli is something I’d consider near the level of oud in terms of depth and complexity but it’s way underpriced. I remember that time I smelled Patch Cola and thought “what region is this wonderful oud from?” And that was the first time I smelled patchouli in its pure natural form.
Fingers crossed nobody reads this and increases their prices 😂
Ill check it out and maybe order a 500ml sample 😃
I think it's so easy to grow that there's really no need for it to be expensive if people are being honest about their production.

I have a pretty hefty patchouly collection going back to the 90s, I treasure it as much as my oud on a certain level. The PB oil is as rich as any new oil I have smelled. I don't know if you're joking about the size of that sample but you may want to sample a smaller amount before you order it because it is different from some of the other patchouli out there - there's a fullness some of the mid register notes that I don't often see, which is nice, but the flipside of this is that it is more robust and vetiver or spikenard-like in its presence and that competes with some of the wine like notes I love. i'm glad I have a couple other types of patchouli as well.

Also the patchouli heart PA 60 is the suavest most smooth fuzzy borneo camphorish patchouli i have smelled. It is like perfume - very interesting fraction of patchouli oil.
 
Last edited:
I think it's so easy to grow that there's really no need for it to be expensive if people are being honest about their production.

I have a pretty hefty patchouly collection going back to the 90s, I treasure it as much as my oud on a certain level. The PB oil is as rich as any new oil I have smelled. I don't know if you're joking about the size of that sample but you may want to sample a smaller amount before you order it because it is different from some of the other patchouli out there - there's a fullness some of the mid register notes that I don't often see, which is nice, but the flipside of this is that it is more robust and vetiver or spikenard-like in its presence and that competes with some of the wine like notes I love. i'm glad I have a couple other types of patchouli as well.

Also the patchouli heart PA 60 is the suavest most smooth fuzzy borneo camphorish patchouli i have smelled. It is like perfume - very interesting fraction of patchouli oil.
Oh that makes sense. But vintage, aged patchouli fetches a higher price maybe? I haven’t looked around, just guessing.
I am joking about the sample size (or am I), I’ll order maybe an ounce to play around since it’s so cheap.
Is there a “traditional” or “typical” patchouli you could recommend? I’m not looking for high end, artisinal type patchouli, or fraction distilled really technical stuff, just the analog of old traditional Hindi oud in the patchouli world, something I’d smell on a vintage fur coat in a charity shop you know, deep, musky, sexy patchouli.
 
Well I'll be curious to hear what you think. My understanding is that the Sumatra patchouli is the gold standard for the fine fragrance world - not sure how well that translates to other aesthetics or styles of patchouli but I think it smells excellent.

I'm trying to think of other standard patchoulis but most of what I have purchased of late have been fractions or supercritical oils or absolutes.
 
Last edited:
Ghalia al wajd - Yusa
There's a lot going on with this oil. Perfect oil to relax the mind before sleep
I saw some study that was talking about the cognitive benefits of fragrance-rich environment during sleep. I wish I could recall the details but more or less there were elderly patients, perhaps in a home where such thing as could be experimented with and monitored. The authors presented evidence that being exposed to a complex fragrance landscape during the sleep cycle correlated with improved long-term cognitive function. One group had a static olfactory environment during their sleep hours, another group was exposed to the sequence of different aromas during the course of their sleep. I'm not sure if the static group had any kind of fragrance added or if they were just in a bland/neutral environment.

... returning here to complete my thought…

I've never felt that I swipe of sandalwood or patchouli before retiring was a waste. As someone on the other side of 50 I might wake up a little more often than some of y'all so on that level alone it's not a total loss. But I generally associate wearing some of these base note heavy oils with deeper and more satisfying sleep. Also generally wake up in the morning with a beautiful base note residue.
 
Last edited:
I'm in an orchard and it's springtime, a breeze of cool morning air hits the newly opened blossoms and transports their aroma to me. As I inhale deeply the scent of fresh dew, fruit blossoms and the cool air envelopes me, and that's only a portion of what Bilquis 2 is making me feel! Sandalwood is already so tranquil a scent, but to extract the deep incense-y qualities of white kinam is no easy task, and it feels so effortless here! Leaving my nose tingly after each sniff!

After seeing the response to @Al-Hind Oud 's Bilquis 2, I'm happy to finally have it in a my possession today, and it's better than I could have possibly imagined! I have both of AHO's Mysuru 1 and his white kinam distillation, neither could have prepared me for this beauty though! It's hard to express how well the two materials are playing off of one another. The woodiness floral facets of the Mysore sandalwood are intertwined with the aggressively resinous sweetness of the white kinam, and some how the resinous quality is using the lift of the floral top notes in the sandalwood to create this sweet and minty top 🤤. While I loved the separate distillations, and enjoyed them quite a bit, this co-distillation has resulted in a fragrance that I couldn't have fathomed, so much greater than the sum of the individual parts!

I recall @3elkhaldi using a previous version of this in one of his perfumes, knowing what his perfumes smell like already, I can't process how addictive they'll be with a material such as this! Thank you also to @DubOudh @SophMarie and @Olfactory Nomad for putting me onto this, instilling the FOMO in me hard 😆, so I didn't happen to miss out!
I was wearing some of @An Najwa 's Sher Shah this morning, and man I think it would pair perfectly with this!
 
I'm in an orchard and it's springtime, a breeze of cool morning air hits the newly opened blossoms and transports their aroma to me. As I inhale deeply the scent of fresh dew, fruit blossoms and the cool air envelopes me, and that's only a portion of what Bilquis 2 is making me feel! Sandalwood is already so tranquil a scent, but to extract the deep incense-y qualities of white kinam is no easy task, and it feels so effortless here! Leaving my nose tingly after each sniff!

After seeing the response to @Al-Hind Oud 's Bilquis 2, I'm happy to finally have it in a my possession today, and it's better than I could have possibly imagined! I have both of AHO's Mysuru 1 and his white kinam distillation, neither could have prepared me for this beauty though! It's hard to express how well the two materials are playing off of one another. The woodiness floral facets of the Mysore sandalwood are intertwined with the aggressively resinous sweetness of the white kinam, and some how the resinous quality is using the lift of the floral top notes in the sandalwood to create this sweet and minty top 🤤. While I loved the separate distillations, and enjoyed them quite a bit, this co-distillation has resulted in a fragrance that I couldn't have fathomed, so much greater than the sum of the individual parts!

I recall @3elkhaldi using a previous version of this in one of his perfumes, knowing what his perfumes smell like already, I can't process how addictive they'll be with a material such as this! Thank you also to @DubOudh @SophMarie and @Olfactory Nomad for putting me onto this, instilling the FOMO in me hard 😆, so I didn't happen to miss out!
I was wearing some of @An Najwa 's Sher Shah this morning, and man I think it would pair perfectly with this!
It is absolutely drool worthy.
 
Hello dear Friends 🙂

Usually i am Oudlover so I am rarely here in Attar & Mukhallat thread

Today I Swiped :
MesOud Begum
Habzoud Sultan Hojari

Begum 🌹🪵💍 🍯🌾
This juice opening rosy with watery aspect of lytchee but there is something honeycomb in the structure of the smell… I can notice anis star & honey with light agallocha Hay golden hue dna you can get in Habz Al janah or JS Lokma for exemple …
Absolutely Zero barn ! And that is why I like it particularly… it’s addicting !
Usually I am not big fan of Oud & Rose …
Rose + barn is something I can’t appreciate… even the lightest hint …

Here Begum is full clean !!!
Rose driving while Assamese navigating
Both are melted together to make a third scent and you can thinking it’s rose only but no way … this deepness is created by Agallocha Aquilaria and this is the real way to understand that Oud & rose are made to be married 💍

Habz Sultan Hojari 🍋🍊🌾🪵🔥💨🎋🌴
(If I remember correctly)
This is Codistillation between Oud oil and Hojari Frankincense…

This is very special , meditative and soothing scent !!!
To my nose it’s maybe Indonesian oil… ?
Remind me Habz Papuan or Sulawesi Ateeq with the finest Hojari smell you can get ! Lemon, Citrusy, incense and temple aura with very light leather and musky undertone but so clean !!
It’s almost Medicinal!!
I regret I don’t have more …
Only sample left 🙁

I wish you all an Attaractiv scent on your wrists 😁
 
I'm in an orchard and it's springtime, a breeze of cool morning air hits the newly opened blossoms and transports their aroma to me. As I inhale deeply the scent of fresh dew, fruit blossoms and the cool air envelopes me, and that's only a portion of what Bilquis 2 is making me feel! Sandalwood is already so tranquil a scent, but to extract the deep incense-y qualities of white kinam is no easy task, and it feels so effortless here! Leaving my nose tingly after each sniff!

After seeing the response to @Al-Hind Oud 's Bilquis 2, I'm happy to finally have it in a my possession today, and it's better than I could have possibly imagined! I have both of AHO's Mysuru 1 and his white kinam distillation, neither could have prepared me for this beauty though! It's hard to express how well the two materials are playing off of one another. The woodiness floral facets of the Mysore sandalwood are intertwined with the aggressively resinous sweetness of the white kinam, and some how the resinous quality is using the lift of the floral top notes in the sandalwood to create this sweet and minty top 🤤. While I loved the separate distillations, and enjoyed them quite a bit, this co-distillation has resulted in a fragrance that I couldn't have fathomed, so much greater than the sum of the individual parts!

I recall @3elkhaldi using a previous version of this in one of his perfumes, knowing what his perfumes smell like already, I can't process how addictive they'll be with a material such as this! Thank you also to @DubOudh @SophMarie and @Olfactory Nomad for putting me onto this, instilling the FOMO in me hard 😆, so I didn't happen to miss out!
I was wearing some of @An Najwa 's Sher Shah this morning, and man I think it would pair perfectly with this!
Great review! Thank you so much!
 
Back
Top