once again, I find myself swiping on @An Najwa ‘s ruh khus. I’m in the Yucatán peninsula in the middle of their rainy season and the heat is brutal. This ruh khus has been a torch of hope in these hot days. The smell has been staying in my hair for quite sometime and I find myself feeling refreshed each time I catch a small whiff of it on me. Truly one of my favorite scents to date
 
Been on a Zabad journey this week...

SQ Civet Floral by Oudique (@Faheem)
I believe the goal of this zabad was to achieve a hyper-realistic gardenia, and that is what comes to mind for me when I smell this. The scent of gardenia blossoms in full bloom during a warm evening. Perfectly blended, creamy and musky, with no harsh edges on the civet.

A tiny dab starts out with powerful florals, but not cloying in any way. Smooth and addictive. After a while, the florals fade into sweet, milky, musky bliss with more of the vintage civet becoming more apparent, but in the best way possible. After many hours, when all all else has faded away, you are left with the unmistakable base of aged civet.

Having gone down the rabbit hole at one point trying to find the most hyper-realistic gardenia perfume, I am beyond happy that I stumbled onto this zabad. It is on another level compared to the gardenia perfumes I had purchased.

Nectar Royale by elkhaldi studio (@melkhaldi)
This zabad focuses more on fruity florals, as you could guess from the name. I love the osmanthus, and it is well balanced with the powerful tibetan musk which is wonderful. I don't know if there is any tobacco in this, but I personally get fresh tobacco vibes from it. Very long lasting and I enjoy it very much.

----
With these being my first zabads (aside from one I got from an etsy shop years ago which probably contains synthetics and was not anywhere near these), I can definitely say I am a big fan, and hope to see more of these in the future. A tiny bit goes a long way, especially in the beard or hair in general from what I understand.
I haven't tried @melkhaldi , but I own @Oudique 's and it's gorgeous indeed.
 
ElKhaldi Studio - Civet Regal (@melkhaldi)

This is such an animalic, musky, and powdery beauty. As soon as I apply it evaporates so quickly and leaves distinguishable animalic, clove, and vanilla scent. I especially love the vanilla scent because it rounds everything beautifully. It’s a shame it’s sold out as I can see myself wearing it alone intimately or as part of layering with other scents when going out. An amazing build by ElKhaldi Studio.
 
Been on a Zabad journey this week...

SQ Civet Floral by Oudique (@Faheem)
I believe the goal of this zabad was to achieve a hyper-realistic gardenia, and that is what comes to mind for me when I smell this. The scent of gardenia blossoms in full bloom during a warm evening. Perfectly blended, creamy and musky, with no harsh edges on the civet.

A tiny dab starts out with powerful florals, but not cloying in any way. Smooth and addictive. After a while, the florals fade into sweet, milky, musky bliss with more of the vintage civet becoming more apparent, but in the best way possible. After many hours, when all all else has faded away, you are left with the unmistakable base of aged civet.

Having gone down the rabbit hole at one point trying to find the most hyper-realistic gardenia perfume, I am beyond happy that I stumbled onto this zabad. It is on another level compared to the gardenia perfumes I had purchased.

Nectar Royale by elkhaldi studio (@melkhaldi)
This zabad focuses more on fruity florals, as you could guess from the name. I love the osmanthus, and it is well balanced with the powerful tibetan musk which is wonderful. I don't know if there is any tobacco in this, but I personally get fresh tobacco vibes from it. Very long lasting and I enjoy it very much.

----
With these being my first zabads (aside from one I got from an etsy shop years ago which probably contains synthetics and was not anywhere near these), I can definitely say I am a big fan, and hope to see more of these in the future. A tiny bit goes a long way, especially in the beard or hair in general from what I understand.
Glad you're enjoying them 🙂
 
Mokka Royale by Faizal Privée

Pure cafe-coffee indulgence! How often does one soak raw beans in rose for nearly 2 decades & then blend it so effortlessly? 👀
This is a new chapter on Natural Gourmands which I’m grateful to attend.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_3419.webp
    39.3 KB · Views: 136
ambroxide, natural fermented, 10% in alcohol as a small splash yesterday layered with CK resinoid, just for experimental purposes. Way too strong, I'm still dealing with it here today.
At 10% concentration certain sweet almost candy like notes predominate and it forms this kind of thick almost cloying burst of sweet ambergris type scent. Much more diluted it is subtle and dry and a pretty sublime ambergris note, especially in the context of other balsamic materials.

I love this material but only at a tiny fraction of that percentage. When it is just above subliminal is when it's at its best.
 
@Mario P. Jinkoh Store - Sunset in Kyoto
I remember this attar a whole lot more loaded with ‘Baieido incense spices’ but today it has a seductive and addicting milky/slightly ‘floral’ sweetness to it. Do attars develop over the years? It might be the weather, but if not, the years have been so kind to this amazing attar! 😍
 
I love that. Maher at Elkhaldi does this all the time - no shame in it.
Certainly! If it smells good, is a credible source, and I get it at a vendor friendly pricing that I can still actually offer the final product at a reasonable price for the final quality all relative to the Market's supply & demand, then why not!? And for the small amounts like a few grams here and there, I offer them as add ons for customization at whatever list price I get them at. I think it helps everyone. I don't think of it as a zero sum market. But rather, the more successful we are as an artisinal group, the bigger the market size is for us all.
 
Last edited:
Drying out some sweet fern to extract. The plant is not a fern although it looks a little bit like one. The scent is literally like labdanum - balsamic, a bit musky and animalic / ambergris like.

I am drying it first because I am going to use 200 proof alcohol as the solvent and I don't want any water getting involved. It is pretty resinous and sticky so I expect to end up with enough of this to experiment with.

I have attached a link about this interesting plant - apparently it's edible, and in the same family as bayberry and sweet gale. I have never seen an oil of this available for sale… I'm just curious to see what the extract is like I think it will be kind of like labdanum resin.

link

IMG_9903.jpeg
 
ambroxide, natural fermented, 10% in alcohol as a small splash yesterday layered with CK resinoid, just for experimental purposes. Way too strong, I'm still dealing with it here today.
At 10% concentration certain sweet almost candy like notes predominate and it forms this kind of thick almost cloying burst of sweet ambergris type scent. Much more diluted it is subtle and dry and a pretty sublime ambergris note, especially in the context of other balsamic materials.

I love this material but only at a tiny fraction of that percentage. When it is just above subliminal is when it's at its best.
I thought that "Ambroxide" was the generic name for Ambroxan, synthetically produced from Clary Seed by KAO?
 
I thought that "Ambroxide" was the generic name for Ambroxan, synthetically produced from Clary Seed by KAO?
You're not wrong. Ambroxide is the chemical. It is found naturally in ambergris, but can also be synthesized and one process to synthesize it starts with sclareol from clary sage.

Recently though a natural product has become available that's produced by microbial fermentation. Aroma is very similar to synthetic ambroxide.
 
Multazam SQ Artelier by Oudique (@Faheem @Oudique)

A powerful, classically masculine and musky attar. Dark and bold with elements of incense, patchouli, amber, and interestingly a "blue" facet at the top. I am wearing this on my left hand and SULAYM Sultani Blue on the other hand and they actually compliment each other very well. A treasure to own, and Faheem did mention there is a very limited amount of this one available so I recommend moving quickly if you want to grab some!
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_9095.webp
    62 KB · Views: 96
  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_9096.webp
    54.1 KB · Views: 97
Wearing a patchouly oil distilled by @Margon and in my opinion it is fine fine stuff. Triggering my hoarding instinct. I applied a swipe on my beard today and I was surrounded by a cloud of the most beautiful rich patchouli-camphor accord. This is just one of like a dozen different facets of patchouly that can be prominent to varying degrees and in this particular oil it's just like this crystalline patchouli camphor accord that shifts to a beautiful suave masculine dry woody scent that is almost distinct from patchouly per se - if you pulled that facet out it might be hard to place where it came from, could be oud as much as patchouli or some abstract woody substance. This is a young oil and the top notes are quite wild but it's already just amazing stuff in my opinion. I've already used this in some of my blends. 🙂
 
@Mario P. Jinkoh Store - Sunset in Kyoto
I remember this attar a whole lot more loaded with ‘Baieido incense spices’ but today it has a seductive and addicting milky/slightly ‘floral’ sweetness to it. Do attars develop over the years? It might be the weather, but if not, the years have been so kind to this amazing attar! 😍
It depends on what's in the blend and/or attar. If it's agarwood oil, it will smooth out and mellow. The sharp edges will become softer. But if it's something delicate like rose otto, it will fade away into obscurity.
 
Oudique. Gensei Attar

Patchouli that is soft, round, and full with smooth vanilla background with nuances of coolness breathing through the aroma every now and then.
Patchoouli typically reminds me of ice hockey gear that was left in the bag for a few days, never one of my go to oils, BUT this is so full, and spherical, no sharp edges, mellow like Bluesy Music. I purchased to confirm my previous (incorrect) notion concerning patchouli, but was I ever sweetly surprised.
Tantalizing concoction. Last week it was 92 F, today it is 57 F so I was thinking about a warm, boozy cognac like aroma, when I got home I popped this one open and am I ever surprised, delighted, and sinking into it. Smells the way soft pajamas feel, safe, warm, cocoon, and I will develop tennis elbow if I keep sniffing my hand every 8 seconds.

Absolutely balanced, pleasing, makes me want more.
 
ElKhaldi Studio - Amber Indonesia

This presents itself beautifully with a dark brown color with luxurious floral and ambergris notes. I’m getting a slight jasmine and civet/musk scent. The Oud in here is opulent and tempers the whole of the composition and balances it out by rounding off all the notes together with a deep sensual tantalizing of the senses and euphonious feeling. Absolutely amazing @melkhaldi this second time around.
 
Back
Top