AlKhudair Oud - Henry Jacques Oud

I’m chasing the elusive Henry Jacques Bonjour for Men fragrance after sampling it, it destroyed me forever when it comes to perfumes. It was perfect.

I remembered that AlKhudair carried an Oud with the same name. No details on its site. No details about any collaboration. I assumed it would be a heavy Oud with notes of HJ.

It turns out it consists of more of a fluid fragrance than Oud. Rendering it a mukhallat.

It has a woody, citrus, star anise, bergamot top. A slightly animalic, cinnamon, clove, and Christmas-y heart. And an oudy rose bottom. It is simply beautiful. It’s perfect for combining with other fragrances or Ouds or rose oils.

I’m really happy with this buy as it was a risky buy. Either it was going to satisfy me or not. No middle.View attachment 49327
congrats! love it when a buy works out.
 
"It’ll need a stirrer and a little heating, but rose is very sensitive. So I’m curious how you’ll address that."

My stirrer also heats, which burns off the alcohol. Alcohol is very volatile, much more so than rose or even rose otto. Volatile solvents such as petroleum ether, hexane, and benzene are washed away when making absolutes, which are used generously in attars. You have to track what temperature your beaker contents are at.
Yes you’re right , it’s about finding the balanced temperature in between.
 
Lamja by Craft Oud: Love this vetiver scent, which visibly is vetiver root scent coupled with super class Mysore Sandal.
-------
I had been waiting for certian Rose oils from Dubai. My dearest and closest friend wanted me to try those oils.
HJ Rose
White Rose
Turkish Rose

I tried them, and wrapped them in aluminum foil and then kept them in a plastic bag, and scotch-taped the bag. The worst experience of mine with synthetics. What the hell is being sold. It is really too much.

And the Turkish Rose was equally adulterated, or better say a chemical rose had been further stretched.😭

For reference, the pic is being attached of the bottles from the ones oil had been extracted and sent to me.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG-20250801-WA0000.webp
    66.9 KB · Views: 107
Checking in on an attar I'm building using Mesoud's second batch of NTT Sandalwood 2024, white and brown ambergris, and some EO Oud Ahmad that had become a thick paste in it's vial. Quite nice, actually. I keep shaking it and keep it in my pocket a lot. Ambergris and Ahmad strike a new chord together!
 
Checking in on an attar I'm building using Mesoud's second batch of NTT Sandalwood 2024, white and brown ambergris, and some EO Oud Ahmad that had become a thick paste in it's vial. Quite nice, actually. I keep shaking it and keep it in my pocket a lot. Ambergris and Ahmad strike a new chord together!

I, too, use others' ouds in my concoctions. It's a bit of cheating, lol.
 
Dear fans of @mesOUD

I now count myself among you.

This blind buy, well, I bought it based on its website description and a review of it here. It's called, "Old Bazaar" by our beloved @mesOUD mesOUD does something that's rarely done....create balance and restraint. This is a mukhallat I wish I had made, and it's worth my hype.

The first breath is the cool rush of fresh air sweeping through an open market at dawn, carrying the scent of burlap sacks heavy with coffee beans—some still raw, others roasting into rich, nut-brown promise. Above, bunches of drying herbs sway gently from thatched eaves, their sharp green edges softened by the warmth of the morning sun.

From the hands of seasoned traders, the dry, animalic whisper of oud, there are two of them in here, and their resinous darkness is imprinted by years of handling precious woods. A flask of castoreum tincture, or is that a well-aged leather, breathes in the open space, mingling with the scent of blonde, nicotine-free tobacco leaves stacked neatly, waiting their turn in the press.

Vanilla and tonka meld with one another, seamless and mutual, until you can no longer tell where one ends and the other begins. They are smooth, warm, and faintly gourmand. A well-balanced rose hides here too, not the blushing ingénue but a leathery, deep-toned rose that flashes in and out like a knowing glance

And finally, the barest trace of green. Vetiver’s grassy smoke and galbanum’s sharp resin slip through, grounding the composition with a measured bitterness. And bitterness reminds me of incense, but there isn't a drop of frankincense in here, thankfully. It is masculine without bravado, refined yet lived-in: a perfumed memory of work-worn hands, storerooms of rare goods, and the pleasure of rare company. I am happy to see your work in this way, @mesOUD. I picked a good one. It's not the most expensive, but a true treat. Oh, and the chunk of agar? I'll give it a shot on my sub, that's for sure, tomorrow, as I read about psychiatric procedures.

Thanks for the memory,

Joe
 
Dear fans of @mesOUD

I now count myself among you.

This blind buy, well, I bought it based on its website description and a review of it here. It's called, "Old Bazaar" by our beloved @mesOUD mesOUD does something that's rarely done....create balance and restraint. This is a mukhallat I wish I had made, and it's worth my hype.

The first breath is the cool rush of fresh air sweeping through an open market at dawn, carrying the scent of burlap sacks heavy with coffee beans—some still raw, others roasting into rich, nut-brown promise. Above, bunches of drying herbs sway gently from thatched eaves, their sharp green edges softened by the warmth of the morning sun.

From the hands of seasoned traders, the dry, animalic whisper of oud, there are two of them in here, and their resinous darkness is imprinted by years of handling precious woods. A flask of castoreum tincture, or is that a well-aged leather, breathes in the open space, mingling with the scent of blonde, nicotine-free tobacco leaves stacked neatly, waiting their turn in the press.

Vanilla and tonka meld with one another, seamless and mutual, until you can no longer tell where one ends and the other begins. They are smooth, warm, and faintly gourmand. A well-balanced rose hides here too, not the blushing ingénue but a leathery, deep-toned rose that flashes in and out like a knowing glance

And finally, the barest trace of green. Vetiver’s grassy smoke and galbanum’s sharp resin slip through, grounding the composition with a measured bitterness. And bitterness reminds me of incense, but there isn't a drop of frankincense in here, thankfully. It is masculine without bravado, refined yet lived-in: a perfumed memory of work-worn hands, storerooms of rare goods, and the pleasure of rare company. I am happy to see your work in this way, @mesOUD. I picked a good one. It's not the most expensive, but a true treat. Oh, and the chunk of agar? I'll give it a shot on my sub, that's for sure, tomorrow, as I read about psychiatric procedures.

Thanks for the memory,

Joe
Wow, Joe — twice!

The first wow: the scene you described at the start matches 100% with what I saw.

The second wow: for your poetic and striking depiction.
If I came across a product described in such a way, I would definitely buy it.

I’m very glad you liked it, and thank you bery much for your warm words
 
Wow, Joe — twice!

The first wow: the scene you described at the start matches 100% with what I saw.

The second wow: for your poetic and striking depiction.
If I came across a product described in such a way, I would definitely buy it.

I’m very glad you liked it, and thank you bery much for your warm words
Eh, I was an English major, poetics was my thing! But I mean every bit of it. And I'm relieved I got it right!
 
Wearing my blend of tobacco flower (I am obssessed with this material - it might cause me to go bankrupt), thai crassna, grey ambergris in vanuatu sandal, a touch of red champaca and mysore sandal, liatrix absolute, muskrat tincture, a bit of ylang eo & rose abs, and accord of tobacco abs and beeswax abs. I just mixed it yesterday. It's coming together. Inshallah it will blossom into a smooth perfume/attar in the coming weeks and months.
 
Wearing my blend of tobacco flower (I am obssessed with this material - it might cause me to go bankrupt), thai crassna, grey ambergris in vanuatu sandal, a touch of red champaca and mysore sandal, liatrix absolute, muskrat tincture, a bit of ylang eo & rose abs, and accord of tobacco abs and beeswax abs. I just mixed it yesterday. It's coming together. Inshallah it will blossom into a smooth perfume/attar in the coming weeks and months.
SOUNDS BEAUTIFUL
what should be ratio of red champa in sandal if i have 5 gram of sandal rose blend,i know rose must be very little like a drop ,no idea about RED CHAMPA
 
SOUNDS BEAUTIFUL
what should be ratio of red champa in sandal if i have 5 gram of sandal rose blend,i know rose must be very little like a drop ,no idea about RED CHAMPA
If it is red champaca absolute you have, then a little goes a LONG way. I would add, drop-by-drop, until you receive your desired results. Do you want the rose to anchor the champa, or do you want the champa to sweeten and fatten the space under and around the rose?
 
If it is red champaca absolute you have, then a little goes a LONG way. I would add, drop-by-drop, until you receive your desired results. Do you want the rose to anchor the champa, or do you want the champa to sweeten and fatten the space under and around the rose?
i was thinking to balanced with rose first in sandal,confused with champa ratio ,drop by drop idea is better to get balanced result
 
Today I got 3 different oils from @SULAYM (I will get anything Ahmed has because all of them are just amazing). Two of these are new to me, and one I order because I want to get and stash away for the future.

I tried the HM Royal Jardin today. This attar is the perfect blend of oud and rose (or is it rose and oud?). The scents are distinct, push against each other, harmonize with each other, and form something new together. And the fragrance is super smooth and lovely. I am a big fan!
 
Been on a Zabad journey this week...

SQ Civet Floral by Oudique (@Faheem)
I believe the goal of this zabad was to achieve a hyper-realistic gardenia, and that is what comes to mind for me when I smell this. The scent of gardenia blossoms in full bloom during a warm evening. Perfectly blended, creamy and musky, with no harsh edges on the civet.

A tiny dab starts out with powerful florals, but not cloying in any way. Smooth and addictive. After a while, the florals fade into sweet, milky, musky bliss with more of the vintage civet becoming more apparent, but in the best way possible. After many hours, when all all else has faded away, you are left with the unmistakable base of aged civet.

Having gone down the rabbit hole at one point trying to find the most hyper-realistic gardenia perfume, I am beyond happy that I stumbled onto this zabad. It is on another level compared to the gardenia perfumes I had purchased.

Nectar Royale by elkhaldi studio (@melkhaldi)
This zabad focuses more on fruity florals, as you could guess from the name. I love the osmanthus, and it is well balanced with the powerful tibetan musk which is wonderful. I don't know if there is any tobacco in this, but I personally get fresh tobacco vibes from it. Very long lasting and I enjoy it very much.

----
With these being my first zabads (aside from one I got from an etsy shop years ago which probably contains synthetics and was not anywhere near these), I can definitely say I am a big fan, and hope to see more of these in the future. A tiny bit goes a long way, especially in the beard or hair in general from what I understand.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_8521.webp
    108.2 KB · Views: 92
Back
Top