SQ Mukhallat - Private Dealer (Sample)

A beautiful mukhallat with Oud, rose, and musk notes. It smells very regal, I’m also getting notes of fresh library book paper. Another one which reminds me of my grandfather. Notes of old leather in the hot sun makes its presence felt. Very enjoyable.
 
Ghallia Zafran - Al Hashimi

An interesting one! I was expecting this to have some skank to it from the website description, but despite containing many animalics it somehow manages to smell “cleaner than a bar of soap” (to quote GZA).

Instead, the musks and other animalics provide a soft textural pillow for the saffron, which is rightly the star of the show - dry and whistle-clean, but still warm and inviting.

This attar is concentrated and projects like crazy - only small swipes needed. My bottle will last a long time. Probably one to save for exotic climes - seems a waste to wear it here in Surrey.

As a side note, it vividly and weirdly reminds of an Indian snuff tobacco I tried many years ago - Cheetah brand - which I suppose must have contained saffron, or at least a good accord. So strange how olfactory memory works…
Just look at that color! Wow!
 
View attachment 48914
Newest creation. Dark moody, dead wet trees, incensy and bitter-sweet, not for the faint of heart and definitely not feminine. This is the first perfume I make that I can say is gendered, the rest are all unisex.
Revisiting this , it’s basically Malinau Oud boosted to 1000, the ingredients all synergize with the Oud and empower it, however I might’ve put too much chamomile blue, it’s my first time working with it and it’s very very strong and persistent.
 
Red rose otto making me happy. Edgy, a little bit "rustic" in the sense of a beautiful kind of natural roughness (when compared with my damask rose oils). At times it's a little bit abstracted from the ideal of a fresh rose and at times it's more lifelike than many of the other fine rose oils in my collection. Kind of smells different at different times, as complex things tend to do.

sitting here with the door open and the sun streaming in and the fresh air is mixing with the little tendrils of rose scent in the most delightful way, various birds are chirping, the gray catbirds are out there sounding ridiculous, just a kind of glorious natural moment.
 
Red rose otto making me happy. Edgy, a little bit "rustic" in the sense of a beautiful kind of natural roughness (when compared with my damask rose oils). At times it's a little bit abstracted from the ideal of a fresh rose and at times it's more lifelike than many of the other fine rose oils in my collection. Kind of smells different at different times, as complex things tend to do.

sitting here with the door open and the sun streaming in and the fresh air is mixing with the little tendrils of rose scent in the most delightful way, various birds are chirping, the gray catbirds are out there sounding ridiculous, just a kind of glorious natural moment.
Tell me that's what retirement is going to be like for me!
 
I just got a package of goodies from @SULAYM. I ordered several things, all of which I wanted to try right away, but I went with Elysium. And wow! I love it! It really is a perfect combination of the florals, oud, and amber to create this amazing sensory experience. Highly highly recommend. (Everything I've gotten from Sulaym has been a huge hit with me!)
 
Ghallia Zafran - Al Hashimi

An interesting one! I was expecting this to have some skank to it from the website description, but despite containing many animalics it somehow manages to smell “cleaner than a bar of soap” (to quote GZA).

Instead, the musks and other animalics provide a soft textural pillow for the saffron, which is rightly the star of the show - dry and whistle-clean, but still warm and inviting.

This attar is concentrated and projects like crazy - only small swipes needed. My bottle will last a long time. Probably one to save for exotic climes - seems a waste to wear it here in Surrey.

As a side note, it vividly and weirdly reminds of an Indian snuff tobacco I tried many years ago - Cheetah brand - which I suppose must have contained saffron, or at least a good accord. So strange how olfactory memory works…
+1.
Indian zarda ( tobacco ) smell like zafran +rose. Which is what a typical Ghallia would contain. Until the musk shows up, for me it’s like Indian tobacco.
Fun fact: when Kannauj ( the perfumery capital of India ) was facing hardships it’s these tobacco companies that saved it. By using the perfume products in flavoring tobacco.
 
+1.
Indian zarda ( tobacco ) smell like zafran +rose. Which is what a typical Ghallia would contain. Until the musk shows up, for me it’s like Indian tobacco.
Fun fact: when Kannauj ( the perfumery capital of India ) was facing hardships it’s these tobacco companies that saved it. By using the perfume products in flavoring tobacco.
Thank you for this fantastic information - I thought I was going crazy with that association. And my mind is still bent by how one sniff of this attar was enough for the brain to link it with something I last smelled in 2011. 🤯
 
Ghaliyah Banu Hashim - @An Najwa

This is my fourth time wearing it, and it never fails to make me feel so happy. A delicate rose note opens the composition, gently touched by camphor. A bold, beastly Hindi oud emerges, pursued by soft floral nuances in the background. Powdery and musky undertones add depth, while watery, salty, and aquatic ambergris infuses the blend with elegance and dimension😍
 
Triple Amber - The Perfumist

The top note is floral with jasmine as the star, wrapped in vanilla and animalic notes. It’s very warming. It’s a very enjoyable and clean blend. Glad to have this in my attar collection.

It also came with a complimentary 3ml of Laos Oud.

[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
Ghaliyah Banu Hashim - @An Najwa

This is my fourth time wearing it, and it never fails to make me feel so happy. A delicate rose note opens the composition, gently touched by camphor. A bold, beastly Hindi oud emerges, pursued by soft floral nuances in the background. Powdery and musky undertones add depth, while watery, salty, and aquatic ambergris infuses the blend with elegance and dimension😍
This is a real beauty
 
Mesoud - Mitti Gulab

I added saffron and a tiny amount of ambergris soon after getting this. It’s only been a few months and still too early in the maceration process to be wearing this but I opened the cap today and couldn’t resist. This attar just pulls the absolute best out of both the additions. Up front rosy/saffron florals just blasting away in the high profile projection of the NTT sandalwood. Backed up with the extra dimensional depth I’m starting to recognize in low dosages of ambergris. I can’t wait, obviously, for those low and high aspects to marry more fully.
 
I have applied RBO's Taif Rose on top of a swipe of a castoreum attar. The rose oil is great straight, but I am loving just applying a little on top of other oils and seeing it really bloom. Of course it has been good with hindis, but I have really been loving applying it with animalics. This rose oil has a very clean profile, morning dew and white musks, so it provides lovely contrast to those dirtier rough around the edge animalics.
 
Ghaliyah Banu Hashim - @An Najwa

This is my fourth time wearing it, and it never fails to make me feel so happy. A delicate rose note opens the composition, gently touched by camphor. A bold, beastly Hindi oud emerges, pursued by soft floral nuances in the background. Powdery and musky undertones add depth, while watery, salty, and aquatic ambergris infuses the blend with elegance and dimension😍
The perfect Ghaliyah?
 
I figured this is the thread for all of the different aromas besides oud and sandalwood. I'm sending out this set of "experimental Japanese incense herb" extracts to @Loulikesoud because the man has a thirst for fragrance which is admirable and without his help this project would've been at least five or more years down the road! These are all basically partially concentrated resinoids, also known as folded tinctures. They are all concentrated 20-fold (750mL reduced to 25-50 mL) but that is a very rough estimate. Some of them have the consistency of oils, some are quite fluid. All extracted from herbs purchased from Yamada Matsu about 25 years ago (for better or for worse lol)

The Lysimachia is medicinal and very musky, and the extraction waste permanently stained my plastic garbage can with a beautiful variation on the fenugreek type note.

Haisoko is delicate, rooty, adjacent to ambergris - I have smelled this in the ambergris leaning Japanese incense masalas of shoyeido. I still don't really understand the scent of this one

sanna is strange pungent herbal warm savory pepper aroma

costus is human scalp, orris-violet, musk, austere Baieido incense note

spikenard is earthy fungal, like old lao sinensis and valerian. Extremely musky

kunroko is dry, mineral, dusty, resinous, a bit of a human skin scent; a bit like sumatra benzoin



IMG_9210.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Soroor - @mesOUD

This smells like memories of my dad from when I was a child.

Which is mind boggling, because my dad was never big into fragrances. So some combination of old school aftershave or deodorant, and general man musk. The smell of getting in his truck after a day on the boat, or hugging him after he got home from a long day of work.

Soroor is a beautiful, fitting name.
 
Back
Top