Ghaliya by ScentTalks is a floral animalic fragrance that opens with a blend of sweet notes—likely rose, jasmine, and a hint of frankincense—before settling into a rich, oudy and animalic base. It's an unapologetically deep rich resinous scent that resonates with the soul.
I'm grateful my fragrance journey began with attars, as such profound olfactory experiences are seldom found in conventional perfumes.
[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
Around 5 or 6 months ago I started a blend composed of the following

- Mysore sandalwood oil
- Rose De Mai
- South Thailand Oud Oil
- Indian Oud Oil
- Brunei Oud Oil
- Ambergris
- Tibetan Musk
- Cambodian Oud Oil
- Oud Extraordinaire
- Kambodi Thaqeel III (I think, maybe the name is wrong)

Around 37 grams almost (if I account for the Musk let’s say 39.3)

Still a work in progress and I’ll share photos later. As for the profile it’s sweet, creamy and tangy floral note with a heavy Oud base. Added the musk yesterday (very chocolatey). Now we wait!

Question to musk users, is there anything I should do after adding the musk or just wait? Should I stir it every once and a while?
 
Hekayat-ASO

You can immediately smell the quality and care put into this one. The musk is not pissy or fecal at all. The musk smells like a tongue covered in powdered sugar licking a fur coat. It is alluring and works so well with a sandalwood that is smooth and creamy, but not salty. The sandal is less of the typical popcorn butter and more like a whipped butter you mind find served with some warm bread. Some green dewy notes are here as well and add a extra bit of freshness to the composition. It is quite hot and humid where I am right now and despite these conditions this one has bloomed off my skin so well.
 
Hello Ouddicts 🙂
I hope you are well

I am rarely posting here as I am not often wearing Attars…
But Brother Jaabir totally changed my mind with his products !

Ghaliya Banu Hashim
Kishmir II
Damascus

The Ghaliya Banu Hashim is amazing ! You can’t miss the Oud musk & Rose main ingredient! this is so sophisticated but still traditional…
The Ambregris gives a watery undertone and the musk gives a wild character to the Oud & Rose .

Kishmir opening with a sweet gourmand juicy cocktail ! lemon cola with cinnamon and vanilla Cofee !!
I get the Musk & saffron and kind of Jasmine & rose flowers !
The evolving is impressive and the Sweet aspect ending in a very gourmand aspect of Podwery chocolate and Cinnamon rolls … the Oudiness during the dry down is addicting!

Damascus opening like sweet Candy !
The rose here is the Queen it’s like Rose was an Oud oil … the longevity is impressive… it is like Rose oil with a Oudy body !

These attars really blew my mind …
 
Hello Ouddicts 🙂
I hope you are well

I am rarely posting here as I am not often wearing Attars…
But Brother Jaabir totally changed my mind with his products !

Ghaliya Banu Hashim
Kishmir II
Damascus

The Ghaliya Banu Hashim is amazing ! You can’t miss the Oud musk & Rose main ingredient! this is so sophisticated but still traditional…
The Ambregris gives a watery undertone and the musk gives a wild character to the Oud & Rose .

Kishmir opening with a sweet gourmand juicy cocktail ! lemon cola with cinnamon and vanilla Cofee !!
I get the Musk & saffron and kind of Jasmine & rose flowers !
The evolving is impressive and the Sweet aspect ending in a very gourmand aspect of Podwery chocolate and Cinnamon rolls … the Oudiness during the dry down is addicting!

Damascus opening like sweet Candy !
The rose here is the Queen it’s like Rose was an Oud oil … the longevity is impressive… it is like Rose oil with a Oudy body !

These attars really blew my mind …
I fully agree with you, those are crazy attars! I can also recommend Khaltat Baghdad and Jasmine Malaccensis. His upcoming Perfume Ghuroob is also very well blended
 
I fully agree with you, those are crazy attars! I can also recommend Khaltat Baghdad and Jasmine Malaccensis. His upcoming Perfume Ghuroob is also very well blended
Very nice to see @An Najwa getting some well deserved attention. I was surprised to see that he has that 1960 Sandalwood available. I assumed that was long gone. I don't think that I have smelled a more appealing Mysore government Sandalwood than that one. Superb! And as I said before the Ghaliya is some kind of blending magic - I think an exemplar of skillful combination of musk, oud, and ambergris.
 
I'm on the hunt for an attar built around a quartet of classics: oud, rose, musk, and ambergris. Most compositions I’ve come across lately that feature these four tend to be embellished with additional accords, but I’m seeking something more restrained. If you're aware of one, I’d be most grateful for the recommendation. Merci!
 
Folded costus tincture, showing a glob of the elastic water soluble gum that began to appear after about 500mL of alcohol had been recovered. I don't quite understand what's happening chemically - the substance was washed out of the roots using alcohol but, but alcohol is unable to wash it off the walls of the container or dissolve it. It's like once it came out of the liquid and turned into gum, it transformed into a different material with different properties. Surprisingly it dissolves almost instantly in water
[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
I'm on the hunt for an attar built around a quartet of classics: oud, rose, musk, and ambergris. Most compositions I’ve come across lately that feature these four tend to be embellished with additional accords, but I’m seeking something more restrained. If you're aware of one, I’d be most grateful for the recommendation. Merci!
Al Shareef attars: Bayt Al Ateeq. Ghaliyah. Khalouq. Yaqoot and Zumurrud (musk heavy)
 
Al Shareef attars: Bayt Al Ateeq. Ghaliyah. Khalouq. Yaqoot and Zumurrud (musk heavy)
Zumurrud is one i have sampled - good dignified stuff
 
[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day


A 10% ambergris in Kupang maceration I made a while ago, added to it Bulgarian rose. Very sensual, calming and beautiful scent, 5 hours have passed and the rose is almost gone, I’m left with slightly sweet amber scent.
I’m thinking about evolving it further with Burmese or aged Indian oud, benzoin absolute, sambac, frankincense and cardamom absolute. Any recommendations welcomed
 
Hello Ouddicts 🙂
I hope you are well

I am rarely posting here as I am not often wearing Attars…
But Brother Jaabir totally changed my mind with his products !

Ghaliya Banu Hashim
Kishmir II
Damascus

The Ghaliya Banu Hashim is amazing ! You can’t miss the Oud musk & Rose main ingredient! this is so sophisticated but still traditional…
The Ambregris gives a watery undertone and the musk gives a wild character to the Oud & Rose .

Kishmir opening with a sweet gourmand juicy cocktail ! lemon cola with cinnamon and vanilla Cofee !!
I get the Musk & saffron and kind of Jasmine & rose flowers !
The evolving is impressive and the Sweet aspect ending in a very gourmand aspect of Podwery chocolate and Cinnamon rolls … the Oudiness during the dry down is addicting!

Damascus opening like sweet Candy !
The rose here is the Queen it’s like Rose was an Oud oil … the longevity is impressive… it is like Rose oil with a Oudy body !

These attars really blew my mind …
I tried Kashmir and Damascus and both were amazing, if you liked them then you’ll love Baghdad.
 
Duplicating the Moon - EO (second hand)

This attar is beautiful and unmistakably EO. It starts off with notes of lemon zest and lemon. Then switches to lush herbaceous greens. There are strong notes of delicate florals. It’s like this was made with rainforest water to be refreshing. Suitable for Summer . Medium sillage and projection.

Edit: the Oud base is starting to show itself. Beautiful.

IMG_1239_11zon.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Duplicating the Moon - EO (second hand)

This attar is beautiful and unmistakably EO. It starts off with notes of lemon zest and lemon. Then switches to lush herbaceous greens. There are strong notes of delicate florals. It’s like this was made with rainforest water to be refreshing. Suitable for Summer . Medium sillage and projection.

Edit: the Oud base is starting to show itself. Beautiful.

View attachment 48942
I received a 2.5g of the same, as a freebie from EO. Mine smells like some crushed ripe berries with an offbeat cigarette ashtray smell. I’m trying to tame the ashtray smell by adding more oud to it and some florals. I tried it at the back of my hand and it smelled like I smoked some cigarettes and I dipped my hand in a berry jelly. Strangely beautiful.
 
Patchouli oud III - Mellifluence

Kyasuta - Oudique

I love contrasting oils to find nuances especially with pure oud, which is what I swipe most often.

Patchouli oud III is so well blended. I would say it’s a great example of an accord created that resonates in harmony. The patchouli plays more of a supporting role than the lead here. To me this is a very clean, resinous scent overall. Very wearable and accessible.

Kyasuta in contrast is more patchouli-forward yet still well blended. It leans slightly feminine in contrast to PO3 with a slight powdery, floral (rose?) musk vibe.

Mind you I’m not patchouli lover per se. I don’t wear patchouli neat. I don’t know how different they are from different regions etc. But after trying Aroma Sublime’s Patchouli Dream (another beautiful blend) I got really curious to try some patchouli blends, especially with oud.
 
Ghallia Abbasi by @Al Hashimi
When I first read the description, it felt a little too much.
But when I wear this, this is an animalic beast. I mean.... wow! One teeny tiny dab and I am covered in muskiness and I dont think I will go in a forest now! The female deers would line up!
I will go back to enjoying this!

We tend to understate our descriptions if anything... this Ghallia is insanely good. It should be if it is labelled "Ghallia". By definition it should be the very best.
 
I'm testing my mukhallat called King of Flowers. It expresses my love of florals worn by men, but it's completely unisex. A nice one, but I suspect it won't do well in the States, as florals are viewed as feminine. It's florals, rose, jasmine, YLANG YLANG, and Osmanthus Absolute are softer than you'd think but still distinctive. I'm having a procedure this morning at 9, and I'm wearing it. They told me not to wear fragrances, but it calms me, so I don't care.
 
Back
Top