patchouli MD (Liberty) on one wrist, Margon's light Aceh oil on the other. The Liberty oil is good enough - simple, a bit rugged / phenolic, something a little bitter and sour throughout... getting a very woody facet in the heart/base and some nice accords with other residues I have on. Functional and pleasant. The Margon oil is a bit wilder and less constrained - it kind of swings you around through some different scenes as it unfolds. Some very assertive bright tangy notes at first , something "thick" and slightly sour like bitter cocoa (but no literal cocoa scent), then settling into a very suave smooth icy crystalline patchoulol groove that makes me keep coming back for more sniffs. Got to love patchouli - an olfactory miracle that always rewards a deep dive. 🙂 so many beautiful variations!
 
First try of Ahom World Oud Infinite 2025 today - roughly 24 hours after arrival, it opens with some very nice blue and green tones, tea, slight citruses, salty marine, light florals, on top of a clean, resinous base of ouds from Indonesia, Laos, and Cambodia. Not overbearing or powerful, but light, airy, and soft. Very nice and looking forward to it aging.
 
HM Royal Ghaliyah (releasing soon) by SULAYM (@SULAYM)

WOW! This Ghaliyah is pure vintage opulence in a bottle, and truly something to behold. Being comprised of only precious HM SQ materials, it is no big surprise it would yield such an amazing blend, especially at the hands of someone who quite obviously knows what they are doing.

As you can probably tell by the looks of this oil, it seems there was no holding back with this blend, and apparently no expense was spared. Beautiful SQ roses at the top with ambery, smokey leather, and an aged oud and musk base that is oh so amazing. This is very highly addictive, and will be perfect for the cooler weather ahead.

There is no official description available for this as of yet and I won't pretend to be able to describe the notes the way Ahmed will be able to, but for me this very well may be peak Ghaliyah. It's hard to imagine anything could ever top this...
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_9663.webp
    54.5 KB · Views: 93
  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_9664.webp
    60.3 KB · Views: 102
ELYSIUM by @SULAYM
The stuff literally transports me to another time and place, maybe in the past maybe in an alternate dimension or in the future – so evocative – I just keep going back to my hand over and over and over.
I kind of feel like if I opened up the king‘s closet, this would be the smell that came out of it or out of a box in that closet.
I can’t do better than the poetry in the description link above — I would say that it’s very accurate. So far I’m about 90 minutes and it seems fairly linear which isn’t a complaint because it’s so good.
It’ll be interesting to see what this is like in three or four hours.
 
ELYSIUM by @SULAYM
The stuff literally transports me to another time and place, maybe in the past maybe in an alternate dimension or in the future – so evocative – I just keep going back to my hand over and over and over.
I kind of feel like if I opened up the king‘s closet, this would be the smell that came out of it or out of a box in that closet.
I can’t do better than the poetry in the description link above — I would say that it’s very accurate. So far I’m about 90 minutes and it seems fairly linear which isn’t a complaint because it’s so good.
It’ll be interesting to see what this is like in three or four hours.
Wait till you smell the “Edition de Musc” version coming out soon… I didn’t think there was any way it could possibly get better, but then it did! 🤣😋
 
Lupus & Vega... Heaven and Earth

My introduction to Blue Lotus, and I will mention that I only live 2.5 hours from Joe, but the transporter managed to require 6 days to transport the package...I was beginning to fret. Original premise was to let the vial settle a few days after such a roundabout journey, but self indulgent behavior took over.

First impression: nebulous and sultry simultaneously, images of a nubbin of cloud unyoked from the larger mass just floating in cool air on its own to wherever. Upon initial assessment detection of a slight medicinal twang, which I personally favor, oscillating with an airy, gossamer softness like fine cotton sheets from Portugal. A watery but not soggy, sweet earthy, fresh water lakeside summertime scent creeps in and out of the ethereal notes, like a enchanting song with a soprano singing but grounded by some light percussion in the rafters.

Ever so marginally vague menthol semblance incorporating sufficient clearance between the molecules to permit free roaming as if hiding and reappearing, colliding and retreating. Collectively a peaceful, yielding, and quiescent experience for a newbie. Laggardly the scent settles into an unobtrusive, gauzy incense aroma conversing with both the spacious diaphanous bouquets allocated by the water lily (Blue Lotus) and vague, rhythmical medicinal notes.

I will require more time with this beauty to comprehend the subtleties and nuances, the best journey a composition can throw my way is the learning curve to keep me engaged.

I apologize in advance if this next comment offends anyone: My Aussie's interest was piqued by this attar, he acted out assuming it was time to play "Leda and the Swan.!" He has never responded in this fashion to scent I have applied to myself, so user beware!

Joe was extremely gracious to provide several high end samples of his work after thoughtful conversation, very generous vendor! Unique presentation. 🥰
 
Lupus & Vega... Heaven and Earth

My introduction to Blue Lotus, and I will mention that I only live 2.5 hours from Joe, but the transporter managed to require 6 days to transport the package...I was beginning to fret. Original premise was to let the vial settle a few days after such a roundabout journey, but self indulgent behavior took over.

First impression: nebulous and sultry simultaneously, images of a nubbin of cloud unyoked from the larger mass just floating in cool air on its own to wherever. Upon initial assessment detection of a slight medicinal twang, which I personally favor, oscillating with an airy, gossamer softness like fine cotton sheets from Portugal. A watery but not soggy, sweet earthy, fresh water lakeside summertime scent creeps in and out of the ethereal notes, like a enchanting song with a soprano singing but grounded by some light percussion in the rafters.

Ever so marginally vague menthol semblance incorporating sufficient clearance between the molecules to permit free roaming as if hiding and reappearing, colliding and retreating. Collectively a peaceful, yielding, and quiescent experience for a newbie. Laggardly the scent settles into an unobtrusive, gauzy incense aroma conversing with both the spacious diaphanous bouquets allocated by the water lily (Blue Lotus) and vague, rhythmical medicinal notes.

I will require more time with this beauty to comprehend the subtleties and nuances, the best journey a composition can throw my way is the learning curve to keep me engaged.

I apologize in advance if this next comment offends anyone: My Aussie's interest was piqued by this attar, he acted out assuming it was time to play "Leda and the Swan.!" He has never responded in this fashion to scent I have applied to myself, so user beware!

Joe was extremely gracious to provide several high end samples of his work after thoughtful conversation, very generous vendor! Unique presentation. 🥰
LasLunas, you've won my heart, my dear! Thank you. I'm glad it pleases you as there is only a little left you might be the lucky one....thank you very much for your review, and I am happy to share my work. I am more concerned about: sharing my work than anything else. Your fan, Joe.
 
HM Royal Ghaliyah (releasing soon) by SULAYM (@SULAYM)

WOW! This Ghaliyah is pure vintage opulence in a bottle, and truly something to behold. Being comprised of only precious HM SQ materials, it is no big surprise it would yield such an amazing blend, especially at the hands of someone who quite obviously knows what they are doing.

As you can probably tell by the looks of this oil, it seems there was no holding back with this blend, and apparently no expense was spared. Beautiful SQ roses at the top with ambery, smokey leather, and an aged oud and musk base that is oh so amazing. This is very highly addictive, and will be perfect for the cooler weather ahead.

There is no official description available for this as of yet and I won't pretend to be able to describe the notes the way Ahmed will be able to, but for me this very well may be peak Ghaliyah. It's hard to imagine anything could ever top this...
From Sulaym. There's no cohesive description, just snippets here and there:

Royal Hindi Musk | Burmi '82 | Halflong '81...HM Badshah 1981. HM Burmi 1982. Ambergris from the Sultan’s atelier. Mysore Sandalwood from the 90s. Royal Vintage Ta’ifi Rose.​

You have some already? Do you think this captures it? Do you think there any aromatics in it -- frankincense, etc. Or simply the raw materials listed?

Thanks!
 
Back
Top