Hello Salam Ouddicts 😊

Today I tried two amazing Attars

MesOud Old Bazaar ☕️🍫💨🪵🍦
MesOud Soroor 🏝🌊 🐳🦌🌴🌲🎋

Old bazaar is soooo beautiful!! It smell the typical oriental perfume all that brands try to creating but old Bazaar smell 100% natural with Oud & cofee , light incense , vanilla , flowers !
It is very well balanced!
Gourmand !
I love this too much … I am slowly falling in love with Attars and Mukhallat!!

Soroor is Definitely Oudy ! It remind me an oil from PNG or Indo ! Gyrinops is unmistakable here !
It remind me a lot ASO Nusa !!
Remind me also lightly Adghal from Habz
Then you get the Oceanic Ambergris which add a salty effect to the oceanic oud profile with à Chypre aroma due to the musk !! Honestly this is a beautiful creation with Rare materials !!
It is fresh and almost green blend in terms of smell !!

Need to try others attars from MesOud !!
I have smelled Soroor - that one definitely has good gravitas and is self-consistent smoothly blended and deeply satisfying.
 
Kashan rose from @An Najwa which I swiped recently after a long break. What a surprise - completely different than I remembered from the last time. Now I get a very interesting kind of soft peppery presence - a very distinctive variation and one that makes me think of the moss rose plants I have smelled in the past. The last time I smelled this I was very much aware of what I perceived as almost cognac oil like fruity notes but those are somehow transformed into this moss
rose. It has spent a fair amount of time as a thin residue in a sample bottle so it could be what I am smelling is the result of accelerated oxidation and something that would take a much longer time to show up in a full bottle. It's quite beautiful!
 
Kashan rose from @An Najwa which I swiped recently after a long break. What a surprise - completely different than I remembered from the last time. Now I get a very interesting kind of soft peppery presence - a very distinctive variation and one that makes me think of the moss rose plants I have smelled in the past. The last time I smelled this I was very much aware of what I perceived as almost cognac oil like fruity notes but those are somehow transformed into this moss
rose. It has spent a fair amount of time as a thin residue in a sample bottle so it could be what I am smelling is the result of accelerated oxidation and something that would take a much longer time to show up in a full bottle. It's quite beautiful!
I need to get a large range of roses to study
 
Rummaging through 6 or 7 dozen attar bottles in a drawer, I came across some very nice Nagarmotha from Ayub!
Love this stuff!

[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
EO - Blue Soil

It starts out with a strong jasmine scent with the sort of fecal matter scent of the pollen featuring prominently at the top of the scent profile. It then gets green and herbaceous as I got to the heart of scent. Then at the bottom there is some Oud. There is a minty toothpaste scent present and the more time moves on the more pleasant the mix gets.
 
Last edited:
Ruh gulab from @AlHind Oud - this is from Iran, Kashaan rose if i have it right.

Clear very pale yellow oil, needs colder temps to congeal than Bulgarian. Scent is quite distinctive and multilayered and includes a unique fruity accord that is almost like getting a faint whiff of cognac oil. I have also smelled this particular fruitiness in the Iranian rose from @An Najwa. The oil produced some very interesting and surprising accords when layered with agarwood - something interesting going on there I'd like to revisit.

The classic sparkling citrusy distilled rose core is there of course, but its presence is delicate and transparent, while still being quite strong. This is balanced with the unusual fruity note (which I think may be a lychee type aroma - not a fruit I have encountered very often). Very interesting multifaceted oil and it is helping me to get a better understanding of the Iranian variations on rose otto.
 
Elysium - @SULAYM

I couldn't decide what I wanted to wear tonight, my nose is acting kind of funny, so I was poking around my attar box opening caps and smelling from the bottle to see what peaked my interest. After going through about a half dozen I opened this and was hit with an intense narcotic purple floral amber. My nose decided... it had to be this one.

Fruity, floral, sweet, creamy, powdery, ambery, oudy, bubblegum all wrapped up and tied together into an opulent fine perfumery experience.
 
Elysium - @SULAYM

I couldn't decide what I wanted to wear tonight, my nose is acting kind of funny, so I was poking around my attar box opening caps and smelling from the bottle to see what peaked my interest. After going through about a half dozen I opened this and was hit with an intense narcotic purple floral amber. My nose decided... it had to be this one.

Fruity, floral, sweet, creamy, powdery, ambery, oudy, bubblegum all wrapped up and tied together into an opulent fine perfumery experience.
My wife’s first adjective on this was powdery, which surprised me, I hear it now when I “listen” again.
 
Checked in on some indulgent experiments:

Elysium with some added AlNamir & Oud SQ (90s purple Kelantan)

EO's Fou Guang with some added Koh Kong 2010 from Kymya

EO's Tibetan Musk Ghalia with some added Irian SQ


Thank goodness, these all smell like they will have paid off after another 6 months or so.
 
Lupus & Vega - Jasmine Oud/Botanicle Minimalism

I love the amalgamation of various styles of Jasmine, Oud, musk, and ambergris. The first things I smell are the Jasmine and the musk. But for me, this is an effective use of musk where its not the dominant feature. Rather, its a side story - used sparingly. It made me fall in love musk all over again.

On the dry down everything tones down but is ever-present. The Jasmine starts to feature more and the musk less.

The ingredient are of such a high-quality that going forward I would be comfortable to try all of L&V’s repertoire. The Jasmine is not invasive and the Oud ratios are perfect. Everything goes together beautifully. Thanks @Joe for the free samples
[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
Lupus & Vega - Jasmine Oud/Botanicle Minimalism

I love the amalgamation of various styles of Jasmine, Oud, musk, and ambergris. The first things I smell are the Jasmine and the musk. But for me, this is an effective use of musk where its not the dominant feature. Rather, its a side story - used sparingly. It made me fall in love musk all over again.

On the dry down everything tones down but is ever-present. The Jasmine starts to feature more and the musk less.

The ingredient are of such a high-quality that going forward I would be comfortable to try all of L&V’s repertoire. The Jasmine is not invasive and the Oud ratios are perfect. Everything goes together beautifully. Thanks @Joe for the free samplesView attachment 49868
Lupus & Vega "Heaven and Earth" is simply delicious and sublime; and his Virtue is an Amber composition to die for!
 
Lupus & Vega - Jasmine Oud/Botanicle Minimalism

I love the amalgamation of various styles of Jasmine, Oud, musk, and ambergris. The first things I smell are the Jasmine and the musk. But for me, this is an effective use of musk where its not the dominant feature. Rather, its a side story - used sparingly. It made me fall in love musk all over again.

On the dry down everything tones down but is ever-present. The Jasmine starts to feature more and the musk less.

The ingredient are of such a high-quality that going forward I would be comfortable to try all of L&V’s repertoire. The Jasmine is not invasive and the Oud ratios are perfect. Everything goes together beautifully. Thanks @Joe for the free samplesView attachment 49868
@mobyus , my friend, you are very welcome, many blessings, and thank you for the kind review.
 
Back
Top