Lupus & Vega - Sanctum Aureum (sample)

This is up there with “Prayers/Wordless” and “Virtue”. I’m getting the frankincense, Ylang Ylang, the Neroli and orange blossom. Pure perfection. It’s fresh, zesty and airy. I rate all 3 of the mentioned perfumes/attars 10/10. Outstanding @Joe . Gonna need to make more room in my storage boxes.
 
Lupus & Vega - Sanctum Aureum (sample)

This is up there with “Prayers/Wordless” and “Virtue”. I’m getting the frankincense, Ylang Ylang, the Neroli and orange blossom. Pure perfection. It’s fresh, zesty and airy. I rate all 3 of the mentioned perfumes/attars 10/10. Outstanding @Joe . Gonna need to make more room in my storage boxes.
Thank you, my friend. It takes a lot to come up with the final version.
 
it's very interesting… I made extracts of haisoko and reiryoko - these have such a profound impact on the area where I'm storing them - it has assumed this very rich sweet complex herbal almost curry like aroma that reminds me of fine Japanese incense. I wasn't able to appreciate these herbs in their raw form, but the concentrates really bring out their properties and they are quite interesting… rich long lasting complex novel base notes.
 
Old helichrysum absolute is the oil of the day - just a trace, layered with other oils, is quite wonderful. It seems to create nice deep resinous accords with a kind of masala / curry facet; it has a pungency that can be distracting if it is overdosed so it has to be used with caution
 
EO - Safa

This attar is great! It has all the facets of a good attar that I like for. Not overwhelming, lets the ingredients talk for itself. I’m definitely getting cinnamon, cardamom, Oud, and a spray of lime from the frankincense. It smells seasonal for the fall and winter mostly. I’m really happy to have got my hands on this attar.

IMG_1417_11zon.jpeg
 
Old helichrysum absolute is the oil of the day - just a trace, layered with other oils, is quite wonderful. It seems to create nice deep resinous accords with a kind of masala / curry facet; it has a pungency that can be distracting if it is overdosed so it has to be used with caution
I recently smelled helchrysum for the first time. Pungent is the word! I washed it off right away 🦨
 
I recently smelled helchrysum for the first time. Pungent is the word! I washed it off right away 🦨
it's kind of paradoxical stuff… Beautiful when perceived faintly but not so pleasant full strength. The absolute is entirely different from the distilled oil, you might not even realize they were from the same plant. It is like a thick sticky tar with a sweet and sour presence if over-strong and more of a warm sweet resinous fenugreek / curry aroma when diluted. not so much delightful in itself but useful for creating certain types of aromatic atmosphere I think.
 
it's kind of paradoxical stuff… Beautiful when perceived faintly but not so pleasant full strength. The absolute is entirely different from the distilled oil, you might not even realize they were from the same plant. It is like a thick sticky tar with a sweet and sour presence if over-strong and more of a warm sweet resinous fenugreek / curry aroma when diluted. not so much delightful in itself but useful for creating certain types of aromatic atmosphere I think.
Hmmm....I use the Helichrysum essential oil on a regular basis, magical addiction. Specifically Helichrysum italicum from Corsica or Croatia. I have never smelled the absolute, but the essential oil is awesome, especially when blended with a touch of white rose or red mandarin oil.
 
Hmmm....I use the Helichrysum essential oil on a regular basis, magical addiction. Specifically Helichrysum italicum from Corsica or Croatia. I have never smelled the absolute, but the essential oil is awesome, especially when blended with a touch of white rose or red mandarin oil.
I love the smell of the plant, one of my favorites.
 
Oudique - Gensei Attar

This is the first time I try patchouli. It’s so satisfying. It smells like cola that has dried on the skin. The ingredients blend well with it. It’s creamy, herbaceous, and has cola lollipop notes. View attachment 49984I like @LasLunas will also be buying a bigger bottle of this good stuff.
I truly enjoy it! I have waited to purchase items I liked only to order too late, so I went back and purchased the larger vials of Gensei.
I appreciate that scarceness and cost of substrate drives price of product for sale. However, I do not subscribe to idea that if the product is inexpensive that it must be inferior. So far every item I have purchased from Oudique has been unique, breath taking, complex and leaves me wanting more, and at price point which allows additional purchases.
 
Hmmm....I use the Helichrysum essential oil on a regular basis, magical addiction. Specifically Helichrysum italicum from Corsica or Croatia. I have never smelled the absolute, but the essential oil is awesome, especially when blended with a touch of white rose or red mandarin oil.
I know it's used in both high-end skin care and salves for pain, etc. I should take another whiff of mine. The perfumer who made it is uncharacteristically not specific as to whether it's an enfleurage, an absolute, a tincture. It's probably a blend of all of the above as she calls it a perfume.
 
Folkwinds Smoke Jumping 1


Thanks to my new “nephew” in fragrance @johnpecan40 who shared a precious bit of this amazing oil based perfume with me.

Inspired by the smell of the fires in wine country. It really hits an amazing mix of charred Oak, wine, vanilla and smoke. Very, very interesting!
 
Sultan Pasha Attars - Thebes II

It’s a very lovely attar characterized by various florals, bergamote, and other ingredients and it’s truly enjoyable. Even more so when you know it’s a one-man show. Adding a facet of personality to the process of attar making.

[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
Many days ago I applied one swipe of 10% natural ambroxide isolate and layered it with some other oils. The duration and performance of this isolate was outrageous, it was with me for a couple of days. I wore a cotton sweater that same day. I'm wearing that same cotton sweater now - over a week later and after a run through the wash - and I still smell the ambroxide isolate. At this point it is delightfully faint and natural smelling, like a trace of actual Ambergris as opposed to the somewhat sugary sweet presence of the freshly applied material. Very very interesting stuff, as would be expected for the primary functional odorous molecule in ambergris.
 
Lupus & Vega - Prayers/Wordless ( Sample from @Joe )
Definitely a holy feeling incense. My wife paused, smiled, and said "minty"
I get frankincense, honestly, I'm not looking at the ingredients list cause I don't wanna be biased. I can't put my finger on this. It's kind of a lot of things at once but nothing's overpowering.
I agree that this is a good meditative attar! Good for Church.

Hey Joe... can you explain "Lupus & Vega" as a name for us? I'm guessing you are going to the latin words for some deep meaning? Thanks.
 
Back
Top