Zakir Gafur - Oud Infinite
This is a wonderful little attar with luscious blue/green tones, honey, vanilla, tea sitting on top of an incensey, humid woods base. Flashes of oceanic breeze, salt, and citrus. A real stunner at a low price point. Soft, sits close, lasts long. It's primarily a blend of ouds, my partner and I love it!
 
LS Oud Supremacy III
LS Opus 300
If you into high grade oud with a french touch this is the epitome, it can't get better than that except for HJ Oudh Supreme & HJ Dar Abu Dhabi, these 4 are the best of the best in the oud attar done the french way.
floral, orange, strawberry, musky, the right amount of musk all in here.
 
Sokkat AlTeeb - Royal Moroccan Composition

This Prachin Oud blended with Moroccan rose yields a deep, resinous woodiness softened by velvety florals, creating a balance of smoky spice and lush, honeyed petals. I seldom wear it. But it’s amazing.
[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
@SULAYM - Jade Blaze

I tend to keep calling this attar Jade Green probably because the image on the site is green smoke with a rose. I love this attar though and can’t escape the comparison. Let the next iteration of Jade Blaze be Jade Green!

It opens with an intense forest-smoke and rich wild oud, softened by a burst of wild lavender and floral rose over a backdrop of warm amber and leather-tinged woods. Truly remarkable attar that I will always have on hand.

[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
EO - Iris Noir Maroke

This attar opens with the powdery elegance of iris softened by a velvety floral veil, deepened by the resinous richness of Maroke oud that adds shadows of leather, light spice, and damp forest earth. I really enjoy the scent of iris root in this concoction and in general.

[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
@SULAYM - Jade Blaze

I tend to keep calling this attar Jade Green probably because the image on the site is green smoke with a rose. I love this attar though and can’t escape the comparison. Let the next iteration of Jade Blaze be Jade Green!

It opens with an intense forest-smoke and rich wild oud, softened by a burst of wild lavender and floral rose over a backdrop of warm amber and leather-tinged woods. Truly remarkable attar that I will always have on hand.

View attachment 50021
Jade Blaze is relaunching as part of our Edicion de Musc collection. It’s darker, more potent, and with musk that has been macerating for nearly 5 years. Details to follow…
 
AlKhudair Oud - Black Deer Musk

I applied it months ago for the first time and I loved it. Then the animalics were more profound as I was eating (the heat intensified the scent). So I moved away from using it.

But after smelling it in a number of attars I founds its beauty again.

This black deer musk carries an intensely rich, dark, and animalic scent, blending earthy leather, smoky wood, and warm, slightly sweet balsamic undertones with a primal, lingering depth. It’s an amazing scent. Looks like I’m going to buy the Sultani Musk which combines Oud and florals. There’s another SQ musk that’s more expensive that has “faarat” of musk in it. which renders it more costly. I don’t know what فأرة المسك is. Waiting to hear more on that soon.

IMG_1474_11zon.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Interesting old sambacs from 2012/2013. Sambac holds up well it seems. Not sure what to make of these oils as they are different from most. The ruh motia does not smell like a distilled jasmine oil and even though it comes from White Lotus, i
find myself wondering if it is authentic or some concoction. It has a hyper realistic top and mid especially on blotter paper, and is either one of the more realistic sambac oils i have ever smelled or product of skilled Indian perfumers.

The CO2 select is even more hyperrealistic than the ruh, if you put a dab of this on a piece of tissue paper and leave it in your room it smells just like there's a live plant, something I never get from the absolute and definitely not from the distilled ruh which takes on a slight stewed fruit quality

I know Christopher at White Lotus did his best to get only 100% authentic materials but I also know from conversations that he faced the same "fog of marketing" everybody faces when sourcing new materials. I wish I could be certain these were real and incorporate them into my perfumes because they would add some really interesting facets I think. For the most part I'm only comfortable blending with things that I'm 100% confident are of natural origin, so oils like this are head scratchers and for the meanwhile unused. I have a handful of motias, juhis, and chamelis from WLA that bring some really exceptional notes to the table, but I can't be confident they are authentic for this reason.


IMG_1259.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Rosa indica otto in a small flask that I carry with me from time to time. Beautiful spicy and very lively opening, nice persistent presence.
IMG_1318.jpeg
 
Ouddict Member’s mix - Sandaloud

This was a gift from @Karim Collects and is composed of 80% Brunei Oud and 20% Mysore. It
exudes a deep, resinous and slightly medicinal jungle-green oud character softened by a creamy, buttery, and sacred woodiness, creating a regal balance of raw power and serene warmth. I want to make my own but this is just pure craftsmanship at its best.

[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
Lupus & Vega - Jasmine Oud/Botanical Minimalism

Good morning from Saudi Arabia. Thursday is the last day of the week here (I know - weird) and I’ve decided to go with @Joe ’s JOBM. It has subtle touches of everything I want in an attar. Mainly Jasmine, Oud, Sandalwood, and musk. It’s at 5:40am here and feel invigorated to start the day. In part because of this lovely attar. Have a nice day people.

[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
Lupus & Vega - Jasmine Oud/Botanical Minimalism

Good morning from Saudi Arabia. Thursday is the last day of the week here (I know - weird) and I’ve decided to go with @Joe ’s JOBM. It has subtle touches of everything I want in an attar. Mainly Jasmine, Oud, Sandalwood, and musk. It’s at 5:40am here and feel invigorated to start the day. In part because of this lovely attar. Have a nice day people.

View attachment 50150
Ha! Thank you, sir! But that's not the packing that it comes in when you buy it.

;-)
 
Back
Top