Lupus & Vega - Heaven and Earth (sample)

This is a dark colored mukhallat/attar that at first I had no words for. As time goes on it tells a story. At first the blue lotus has no scent and Papuan Oud steals the show. I’m going to guess its unsoaked but that's besides the point. It marries well with blue lotus. Over time the blue lotus starts to let off its delicate and beautiful scent. Keeping this a two ingredient Attar must have been a challenge in order to compete with the breadth of Attars that boast tons of ingredients.

“Heaven and Earth’ celebrates the minimalist approach. Blending 2 ingredients. I’m highly impressed @Joe I think Sandalwood might have made it have more oomph. But then what creative outlet is there left to shine? I love how its done differently. Kudos.
 
Lupus & Vega - Heaven and Earth (sample)

This is a dark colored mukhallat/attar that at first I had no words for. As time goes on it tells a story. At first the blue lotus has no scent and Papuan Oud steals the show. I’m going to guess its unsoaked but that's besides the point. It marries well with blue lotus. Over time the blue lotus starts to let off its delicate and beautiful scent. Keeping this a two ingredient Attar must have been a challenge in order to compete with the breadth of Attars that boast tons of ingredients.

“Heaven and Earth’ celebrates the minimalist approach. Blending 2 ingredients. I’m highly impressed @Joe I think Sandalwood might have made it have more oomph. But then what creative outlet is there left to shine? I love how its done differently. Kudos.
Thank you. Yes, it was hard to restrict myself to just two. So proportion and materials were of the utmost importance.
 
HM Royal Ghaliyah (releasing soon) by SULAYM (@SULAYM)

WOW! This Ghaliyah is pure vintage opulence in a bottle, and truly something to behold. Being comprised of only precious HM SQ materials, it is no big surprise it would yield such an amazing blend, especially at the hands of someone who quite obviously knows what they are doing.

As you can probably tell by the looks of this oil, it seems there was no holding back with this blend, and apparently no expense was spared. Beautiful SQ roses at the top with ambery, smokey leather, and an aged oud and musk base that is oh so amazing. This is very highly addictive, and will be perfect for the cooler weather ahead.

There is no official description available for this as of yet and I won't pretend to be able to describe the notes the way Ahmed will be able to, but for me this very well may be peak Ghaliyah. It's hard to imagine anything could ever top this...
Has this got real deer musk or is it a synthetic note?
 
Lupus & Vega - King of Flowers (sample)

If you love the smell of floral bliss - being thrown in a cornucopia of flower power. Then this is a scent for you.

It begins with an opening of the nectar of what smells like Jasmine. I’m being twirled and danced around other florals too. Every petal has a song to sing. This is a calming scent to come home to from work. Maybe too much flower power for my liking but I love that it doesn’t hold back.
 
Clary absolute is an amazing material. I have a small bottle at 10% in alcohol which i use for layering a d blending experiments. Such a wonderful smooth warm variation on the ambergris / muscatel themes. like a perfume in itself
 
Lupus & Vega - Prayers/Wordless (sample)

I think I have found my favorite L&V attar. This stuff makes me want a bottle of “Comfort and Benediction”. It absolutely blew my mind. It does smell like a religious experience. Out of all of the L&V I’ve tried so far….this is my fav. And I still have 2 samples left to test L&V creation thresholds ! How lucky am I ?!

I want to describe the ingredients but the page itself gives the best description. So I’m focused on the feeling I’m getting.

This creation has all the ingredients balanced to such a degree that it’s just sacred. I applaud this effort. I’ll will be grabbing a whole bottle of this soon. Thank you for putting out stuff like this @Joe
 
Oudique... Sutekina

A Patchouli based attar for which I received a sample and was compelled to make a purchase.
For the longest time I truly thought I did not like Patchouli, and still find many to emit an objectionable odor.

Sutekina is another superlative composition from Oudique!

Initial aroma is Spumante-like, elastic, vivacious with an almost imperceptible bon-bon taste that is not syrupy sweet, contains notes of cocoa powder firmly entrenched in classic patchouly woody darkness. The first flush of scent on my skin yields a slight limey, or green mandarin citrusy scent which my psyche attributes to the Frankinscense piercing the rich warm veil of Patchouli kopi and Patchouli cola profiles. 15 to 20 minutes post application fragile, gauzy rose notes are detectable oscillating within the sumptuous, plush earthy xyloid aromas of the patchouli base.

The attar remains close to my person thus no hairy eyeballs directed at me in the office this morning! Just Perfect.
I am becoming a dedicated fan of Oudique Attars.
 
Lupus & Vega - Prayers/Wordless (sample)

I think I have found my favorite L&V attar. This stuff makes me want a bottle of “Comfort and Benediction”. It absolutely blew my mind. It does smell like a religious experience. Out of all of the L&V I’ve tried so far….this is my fav. And I still have 2 samples left to test L&V creation thresholds ! How lucky am I ?!

I want to describe the ingredients but the page itself gives the best description. So I’m focused on the feeling I’m getting.

This creation has all the ingredients balanced to such a degree that it’s just sacred. I applaud this effort. I’ll will be grabbing a whole bottle of this soon. Thank you for putting out stuff like this @Joe
Lupus & Vega "Virtue" is an amber you simply must try. He has composed attars with soul touching beauty based upon complimentary aromas of individual constituents. Akin to an artist who truly understands color.
 
Lupus & Vega - Father's grip

I wore this yesterday and today to try to understand it better, but I'm still lost for words.

After first swipe, I got a hit of a bright, sparkly and resinous note that I could not quite place, but most resembled frankincense in my mind. While smelling I had an image of a desert in mind.

After a few minutes, the sparkle settled down into a more leafy green aroma combined with fresh wood and a very slight touch of dry earth. The ingredients are clearly well balanced; no one outshines the other.

After a couple of hours, all I could smell was a slightly bitter wood, and it lasted a very long time on my skin. I honestly can't think how else to describe it.

For me, the opening and the heart are the highlights, and I would definitely get a full bottle for regular swipes
 
Lupus & Vega - Prayers/Wordless (sample)

I think I have found my favorite L&V attar. This stuff makes me want a bottle of “Comfort and Benediction”. It absolutely blew my mind. It does smell like a religious experience. Out of all of the L&V I’ve tried so far….this is my fav. And I still have 2 samples left to test L&V creation thresholds ! How lucky am I ?!

I want to describe the ingredients but the page itself gives the best description. So I’m focused on the feeling I’m getting.

This creation has all the ingredients balanced to such a degree that it’s just sacred. I applaud this effort. I’ll will be grabbing a whole bottle of this soon. Thank you for putting out stuff like this @Joe
That’s very kind of you! Thank you very much for the review and I’m glad you enjoyed it!
 
Clary absolute is an amazing material. I have a small bottle at 10% in alcohol which i use for layering a d blending experiments. Such a wonderful smooth warm variation on the ambergris / muscatel themes. like a perfume in itself
I adore Clary Sage essential Oil but have never used the absolute. May I ask that you bring the Clary absolute when I visit?
The Essential oil is soothing, calming and ties to woody base notes with ease. Is the absolute similar?
ELL
 
I adore Clary Sage essential Oil but have never used the absolute. May I ask that you bring the Clary absolute when I visit?
The Essential oil is soothing, calming and ties to woody base notes with ease. Is the absolute similar?
ELL
I can bring one or two specimens. Magical stuff... let's make sure to check in a couple of days before the visit so I can make sure I have a full list of what to bring. Very happy to accommodate any interests, this is the whole point of having a collection - it's a joy to share…

When I read about the oil and absolute in some of the old books it is described as a kind of panacea for adding naturalness to perfumes that may be harsh or edgy due to aroma chemicals or other ingredients. Unique in the plant formulary - an exalting fixative akin to ambergris

i've been dabbing the 10% dilution and it gives a really nice clean ambergris like vibe. Good duration on skin - it is a solid, sometimes crystalline with sclareol - slow to evaporate.
 
Has this got real deer musk or is it a synthetic note?
Without a shadow of a doubt, real deer musk. If @SULAYM says it's got musk in it, you can be sure they using the natural stuff. Furthermore, they've got the skill to blend and let it bloom in their ouds and other aromatics, which isn't easy to do at home. Check out their Instagram for more images of when they were sourcing the ingredients for this Ghaliyah.
 
Lupus & Vega - Virtue (sample)

I could not contain myself I had to dive right in and try this. This is as good as “Prayers/Wordless” and uses nearly similar ingredients. What Im getting is the slightest of musk scents and sweet vanilla. This is how much musk I like, just a bit. It goes a long way if you’ll allow it. And that has been well executed here.

The ingredients are top notch. No expense has been spared in putting out this magic. It’s light and not overbearing. And the ingredients blend so well and masterfully made. This is another winner @Joe
 
Lupus & Vega - Virtue (sample)

I could not contain myself I had to dive right in and try this. This is as good as “Prayers/Wordless” and uses nearly similar ingredients. What Im getting is the slightest of musk scents and sweet vanilla. This is how much musk I like, just a bit. It goes a long way if you’ll allow it. And that has been well executed here.

The ingredients are top notch. No expense has been spared in putting out this magic. It’s light and not overbearing. And the ingredients blend so well and masterfully made. This is another winner @Joe
Absolutely Agree, sort of like a Genie in a Bottle!
 
Lupus & Vega - Virtue (sample)

I could not contain myself I had to dive right in and try this. This is as good as “Prayers/Wordless” and uses nearly similar ingredients. What Im getting is the slightest of musk scents and sweet vanilla. This is how much musk I like, just a bit. It goes a long way if you’ll allow it. And that has been well executed here.

The ingredients are top notch. No expense has been spared in putting out this magic. It’s light and not overbearing. And the ingredients blend so well and masterfully made. This is another winner @Joe
Thank you. I'm glad you liked it! I love wearing this one personally.
 
Back
Top