From Sulaym. There's no cohesive description, just snippets here and there:

Royal Hindi Musk | Burmi '82 | Halflong '81...HM Badshah 1981. HM Burmi 1982. Ambergris from the Sultan’s atelier. Mysore Sandalwood from the 90s. Royal Vintage Ta’ifi Rose.​

You have some already? Do you think this captures it? Do you think there any aromatics in it -- frankincense, etc. Or simply the raw materials listed?

Thanks!
Yes, I have 1gr and just ordered more at launch. I think it might "just" be the Ta'ifi rose which is probably equal to a bunch of aromatics in and of itself, but I could be wrong. But yeah, the description captures it well. Vintage being the key word.
 
Yes, I have 1gr and just ordered more at launch. I think it might "just" be the Ta'ifi rose which is probably equal to a bunch of aromatics in and of itself, but I could be wrong. But yeah, the description captures it well. Vintage being the key word.

Ghaliyah al Wajd and Ghaliyah al Majd by Yusa, and Tibetan Musk Ghalia by EO
If you had to contrast al Majd with your new Sulaym ghaliya, what would you say?
 
If you had to contrast al Majd with your new Sulaym ghaliya, what would you say?
When I directly compare the two of them, Ghaliyah al Majd leans more spicy-gourmand'ish with no funk at all in the musk while HM Royal Ghaliyah is more smokey and "heavy" with such an amazing vintage base to it. When I smell Royal directly from the dipstick, I can get a bit of that "meaty" musk funk (not in a bad way), which may be a result of the quantity of musk added, but once it is on the skin, that aspect is gone immediately. Also, the dry down for Royal is super addictive and lasts and lasts. I went back for more of both of them, if that says anything...
 
When I directly compare the two of them, Ghaliyah al Majd leans more spicy-gourmand'ish with no funk at all in the musk while HM Royal Ghaliyah is more smokey and "heavy" with such an amazing vintage base to it. When I smell Royal directly from the dipstick, I can get a bit of that "meaty" musk funk (not in a bad way), which may be a result of the quantity of musk added, but once it is on the skin, that aspect is gone immediately. Also, the dry down for Royal is super addictive and lasts and lasts. I went back for more of both of them, if that says anything...
Much appreciated!
 
Oud Factory - Obsidian Bloom

A beautiful golden mukhallat that has notes of peaches, pineapple, and sandalwood. One of my favorite blends.
[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
Wearing a beautiful authentic (as far as I can tell) juhi absolute after having smelled many questionable ones over the past 10 years or so. Beautiful jasmine type that has a unique opening, like a kind of faintly peppery gardenia with a nice smooth / glossy jasmine backing. Just gorgeous!

I have smelled so many fake candy like fantasy jasmine accords sold as juhi...
 
@mesOUD 's rose (damasca, I believe) / Siberian deer musk blend. Saw this mentioned over on the recent sandalwood thread and thought I'd give it a swipe. Only a few mins in - but, darkness.
It's as if the rose isn't a rose, the transformation here is crazy. I mean, if you focus then there is a rose but not in its usual sparkly, clean, piercing, sharp form but draped in a dark blanket, neutered in its beauty and pared back
Really interesting
 
Ruh kadamba - what a wild oil, a real olfactory outlier and quite beautiful. It is floral, herbal, and waxy - there is the waxiness of mimosa, a narcotic tropical floral layer, a lively tanginess and a powdery herbal layer that brings chamomile flowers to mind. I experience this as a very tropical scent somehow. It will be interesting to see how this harmonizes with the other materials in my library - excited to see what kinds of accords emerge from this!
 
Kadamba again today - crazy oil. i've been trying to verbalize something that I've been smelling in this oil which clearly is freshly distilled. While the overall impression would never remind you of a freshly distilled evergreen oil, the initial top note after swiping is very much like what you might smell after freshly distilling some pine needles - a tart, citric, evergreen quality. I don't think the overall impression of the oil is evergreen but that initial hit brings it to mind.
 
Last edited:
Ruh kadamba - what a wild oil, a real olfactory outlier and quite beautiful. It is floral, herbal, and waxy - there is the waxiness of mimosa, a narcotic tropical floral layer, a lively tanginess and a powdery herbal layer that brings chamomile flowers to mind. I experience this as a very tropical scent somehow. It will be interesting to see how this harmonizes with the other materials in my library - excited to see what kinds of accords emerge from this!
very rare availability oil
 
Kadamba again today - crazy oil. i've been trying to verbalize something that I've been smelling in this oil which clearly is freshly distilled. While the overall impression would never remind you of a freshly distilled evergreen oil, the initial top note after swiping is very much like what you might smell after freshly distilling some pine needles - a tart, citric, evergreen quality. I don't think the overall impression of the oil is evergreen but that initial hit brings it to mind.
mine smell little gasoline may be burned more during distillation,thinking to keep it open for few days ,but still it's a glorious oil
 
EO - Marwa

This is not dissimilar to a Sulaym Elysium or Jade Green. Very blunt force floral scent as if I’m being washed with precious flower tinged water. There are notes of cinnamon, licorice, and cloves. I keep getting drawn back to my wrist to enjoy the scent. A really great attar (up there with the two Sulaym’s mentioned).
 
Sweet fern extract is my scent of the moment. This is an experimental / new material for me prepared from an (edible) aromatic native plant that grows around these parts. It is not actually a fern even though it resembles bracken a little bit in the way it grows.

Top: tart strawberries
Mid: dried grass, touch of vetiver / grapefreuit, autumn leaves
Base: musky labdanum / muscatel / darjeeling tea / slight ambergris
 
Hello Salam Ouddicts 😊

Today I tried two amazing Attars

MesOud Old Bazaar ☕️🍫💨🪵🍦
MesOud Soroor 🏝🌊 🐳🦌🌴🌲🎋

Old bazaar is soooo beautiful!! It smell the typical oriental perfume all that brands try to creating but old Bazaar smell 100% natural with Oud & cofee , light incense , vanilla , flowers !
It is very well balanced!
Gourmand !
I love this too much … I am slowly falling in love with Attars and Mukhallat!!

Soroor is Definitely Oudy ! It remind me an oil from PNG or Indo ! Gyrinops is unmistakable here !
It remind me a lot ASO Nusa !!
Remind me also lightly Adghal from Habz
Then you get the Oceanic Ambergris which add a salty effect to the oceanic oud profile with à Chypre aroma due to the musk !! Honestly this is a beautiful creation with Rare materials !!
It is fresh and almost green blend in terms of smell !!

Need to try others attars from MesOud !!
 
layering sweet fern and sandalwood - this is a treat. The strawberry aroma of the sweet fern goes nicely with the sandal top notes, it is refreshing and the fruity and woody sweetness connect well; the sandalwood slightly suppresses the sweetfern, the light dry grassy and vetiver / grapefruit mid notes hang well with the santalols, and the dry down is kind of addictive and where it shines - autumn leafy, labdanum, darjeeling tea and cool dry sandalwood. This feels almost like a perfume, although it's too simple and bare bones... more of an olfactory novelty or amusement.
 
I got a nice sample of Iranian rose from @AlHind Oud - i'm still getting to know it and I find Rose oil takes about a dozen wears before you really understand it because it smells so different depending on the quantity and the humidity. One thing I get for sure is a kind of unique juicy fruity aspect, above a nice classic delicious delicate rose petal accord. I've smelled three rose oils from Iran and they are as different from one another as they are from Bulgarian or Turkish or Taifi rose! Steam, hydro, steel, copper... these variables make a big difference in aroma it seems.
 
Last edited:
Hello Salam Ouddicts 😊

Today I tried two amazing Attars

MesOud Old Bazaar ☕️🍫💨🪵🍦
MesOud Soroor 🏝🌊 🐳🦌🌴🌲🎋

Old bazaar is soooo beautiful!! It smell the typical oriental perfume all that brands try to creating but old Bazaar smell 100% natural with Oud & cofee , light incense , vanilla , flowers !
It is very well balanced!
Gourmand !
I love this too much … I am slowly falling in love with Attars and Mukhallat!!

Soroor is Definitely Oudy ! It remind me an oil from PNG or Indo ! Gyrinops is unmistakable here !
It remind me a lot ASO Nusa !!
Remind me also lightly Adghal from Habz
Then you get the Oceanic Ambergris which add a salty effect to the oceanic oud profile with à Chypre aroma due to the musk !! Honestly this is a beautiful creation with Rare materials !!
It is fresh and almost green blend in terms of smell !!

Need to try others attars from MesOud !!
His work is stunning!
 
Back
Top