Lupus & Vega - Prayers/Wordless

It feels like a religious experience when applied. I’m getting notes of sandalwood, apple, antique wooden furniture, vanilla, and scented candles. So amazing I had to buy the full bottle. Thanks for the great box too.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    Prayers wordless.webp
    59.5 KB · Views: 82
dag nab it whatever I applied on my wrists yesterday all added up to some crazy residual mixture on this friendship bracelet that my daughter gave me. It smells exactly like what I want one of my fragrances to smell like, but of course I have no idea exactly what combined on there and there is at least one note which I have no idea how to explain. I think it's just a serendipitous layer of natural materials that I have lying around… Maybe I can work backwards if I look at which bottles are closest to the edges of the counters and the tables around here... I would consider it a personal triumph to be able to summon this fragrance at will but maybe I will have to resign myself to enjoying it while it lasts.

Translating appealing layering experiments into appealing blends has proven to be harder than I expected. there are subtleties to aromas when things are in adjacent spots on skin or fabric that you don't get when things are applied as a uniform mixture.
 
Last edited:
Lupus & Vega - Yuzu Dosed (sample)

Yet another formulation by the person who puts Art in Artisan. This one hits you right in the face. It has a very strong lemony scent coupled with cold pineapple. All of the ingredients from the Yuzu Citrus, Afghanistan Rose Otto, Jasmine Sambac to the Sandalwood and Labdunum essential oil work magnificently together. I think what I’m getting the most is the Yuzu lemon. It’s such a unique citrus scent. Very beautifully composed. Thanks @Joe
 
Lupus & Vega - Yuzu Dosed (sample)

Yet another formulation by the person who puts Art in Artisan. This one hits you right in the face. It has a very strong lemony scent coupled with cold pineapple. All of the ingredients from the Yuzu Citrus, Afghanistan Rose Otto, Jasmine Sambac to the Sandalwood and Labdunum essential oil work magnificently together. I think what I’m getting the most is the Yuzu lemon. It’s such a unique citrus scent. Very beautifully composed. Thanks @Joe

Thank you for the kind words. You have quite the insight, obviously a trained nose. I got the oud from @Al Hashimi
 
HM Royal Civet. Wearing it neat without any other additions. This is a really lovely civet. Amazingly leathery. I feel as if I am standing in a leather shoe and jackets store and somebody walked in with a huge bouquet of florals. Damn this thing is ultra potent. Projection is through the roof. If you let the jar open for sometime in your room, it fills the room.
 
Lupus & Vega - Prayers/Wordless

It feels like a religious experience when applied. I’m getting notes of sandalwood, apple, antique wooden furniture, vanilla, and scented candles. So amazing I had to buy the full bottle. Thanks for the great box too.


Thank you, my friend. That is indeed my intention for Prayers/Wordless. I wanted to make something you could wear during prayer time to bring you closer to God. I may or may not have done that, but your kind words about my efforts are duly noted.

I'm glad you like the box, those things are pricy! I think I mentioned this before, but the manufacturer called me "picky" when I started dictating the color and material for the hinges, hehe...

Joe
 
Today i swiped an amazing Attar
And still it doesn’t have a name
it excited me so much that I couldn’t resist writing about it here.
This was a test distillation of an attar I’ve been soaking in rose hydrosol for about two months. It’s the distillation I’ll be doing right after my current one, PURPLE STORM.
-Hindi oud(Assam)
-Sandalwood(NTT)
-Vetiver Indonesia
-Frankincense
-Mitti(Clay)
-Ethiopian Civet
Soaked and distilled in rose hydrosol
Really amazing,i can’t wait to finish current distillation and start to it
 
Can you tell us anything about it? I haven't seen a write-up anywhere.
@SophMarie I am not an expert in decoding notes into its constituent ingredients or smells and don’t want to embarras myself lol.
I will let someone expert at it to describe the notes.
However, what I get from the smell is, it is Jasmine like with some oud and musk. The floral aspect is sharp to my nose. Consider a more sharper jasmine that Khadijah.
 
SQ Civet paste - Oudique. My first time exploring this kind of material and I have to say I'm in love with it. Very complex. My cat won't leave me alone 😂
The idea of wearing civet as a fragrance in itself is an interesting one... I have only experienced the unscented extract and that is not something that smells great in itself. it is fascinating and smells like a killer ingredient of course!

has the paste you have been considerably transformed / smoked / perfumed in some way? or is it raw paste? I recall there was some chat about this a while back but I did not track that discussion.
 
The idea of wearing civet as a fragrance in itself is an interesting one... I have only experienced the unscented extract and that is not something that smells great in itself. it is fascinating and smells like a killer ingredient of course!

has the paste you have been considerably transformed / smoked / perfumed in some way? or is it raw paste? I recall there was some chat about this a while back but I did not track that discussion.

Hi, and good morning, my friend, @Mr.P !

I, too, have both versions of the civet paste from @Oudique . I have also used each in two different blends, actually: one I made about two weeks ago, using @Oudique's floral paste, as well as the musky civet paste I used just yesterday, which I supplemented with my own paste. They are both gorgeous. I wouldn't wear them neat, even though they don't have that urine aspect that civet paste can have; they could certainly be used alone.

Both worked well in my blends, just a touch is all you need. Highly recommended, although I believe the first version, the one saturated with florals, is no longer available. I can definitely recommend the musky one. I think it's $90 a gram.
 
Concentrated the valerian extract I made from my own plants recently. That is a project that has been at least 2 years or more in the making... kind of symbolically significant to me, regardless of the utility of the product, because it coincides with me setting my own roots down in a new part of the world… don't need to get into that lol.

This is as much a medicinal preparation as it is a fragrance because valerian is a classic natural sedative, and this should be about as strong as it can get. I won't be consuming any because the alcohol used to extract it was not handled in a way that was consistent with good practices for edible extracts.

Aroma is hard to describe… I'm not crazy about the sweet mid notes it but it may just need a little time to settle. There is the strong very diffusive green spikenard / valeric acid note which is familiar. It seems like you could use this to really give some punch to a natural perfume if you blended it right. sweet, strong, singing, musky...

when you take a deeper whiff there is a strange sweetness - not sure how to describe it but I don't care for it... in the raw roots this note was pleasant and bubble gummy in this context it is cloying and distorted and overly sweet, not really pleasant. It's possible this could just be post extraction chaos and with a little bit of time the aroma will snap into place. Some of the other extract smelled really funky for the first couple of days.

maybe next time I should let the roots dry / cure for an extended period of time and see how that comes out. The diffusive note is intriguing enough that I don't feel this was a waste of time… I'm happy to have this as an oddball exalting musky fixative.


IMG_2284.jpeg
 
Concentrated the valerian extract I made from my own plants recently. That is a project that has been at least 2 years or more in the making... kind of symbolically significant to me, regardless of the utility of the product, because it coincides with me setting my own roots down in a new part of the world… don't need to get into that lol.

This is as much a medicinal preparation as it is a fragrance because valerian is a classic natural sedative, and this should be about as strong as it can get. I won't be consuming any because the alcohol used to extract it was not handled in a way that was consistent with good practices for edible extracts.

Aroma is hard to describe… I'm not crazy about the sweet mid notes it but it may just need a little time to settle. There is the strong very diffusive green spikenard / valeric acid note which is familiar. It seems like you could use this to really give some punch to a natural perfume if you blended it right. sweet, strong, singing, musky...

when you take a deeper whiff there is a strange sweetness - not sure how to describe it but I don't care for it... in the raw roots this note was pleasant and bubble gummy in this context it is cloying and distorted and overly sweet, not really pleasant. It's possible this could just be post extraction chaos and with a little bit of time the aroma will snap into place. Some of the other extract smelled really funky for the first couple of days.

maybe next time I should let the roots dry / cure for an extended period of time and see how that comes out. The diffusive note is intriguing enough that I don't feel this was a waste of time… I'm happy to have this as an oddball exalting musky fixative.


View attachment 50652
Isn't valerian root used to make you more relaxed? I think I used to take valerian root supplments to calm my nerves....
 
Back
Top