Would love to hear your impressions after 10 swipes. I use half a swipe and it is powerful.
:Roflmao::Roflmao:
I didn't use that much really, but I had a good 14hrs of longevity from it! :Cooler:
I found it very calming, smooth and quite ethereal but I couldn't pick up notes from it really. I wore it to wore so I didn't spend much time assessing it, took the odd sneaky hand sniff when I could 🙂
 
Santal Saffron: Persian Saffron strands in Mysore Santal. Warm and cozy Saffron and cool and comforting Santal. Saffron and Mysore Santal complement each other, the way Musk and Mysore do so.

Your own blend? 🙂
I applied @Elixir Attar - Iris Chypre to go shopping at night. What a beauty! oh my 😀
 
My Elixir Attar samples arrived! So I'm testing one on each arm. Cohiban Coffee on the left, Spirit of Arabia on the right.

WOW!

These are some incredible fragrances. Cohiban Coffee is an ultra-rich sweet tobacco with lashings of coffee and noticeable but not intrusive floral notes. The sillage is magnificent. A tiny bit less sweet and more herbal/floral than Rising Phoenix's Sicilian Vanilla Attar but similar in spirit. Has the possibility to become a signature scent.
My first sniff of Spirit of Arabia is shockingly close to Al Shareef Oudh's Turath....rich, musky, smoky, tarry. I could breathe this in all day. Gentlemen, you'll be wanting some of this, trust me. I'll have to do a side-by side with Turath but the initial resemblance is startling.

We've got a player on our hands, Ouddicts. Can't wait to try out the rest of the pack.

EDITED TO ADD: I will apparently have to wait to try out the rest of the pack 🙂 because the lasting power on these is marvelous. Five hours later the drydown of Cohiban Coffee is a nutty Frangelico-esque sandalwood. Spirit of Arabia is gently smoldering incense ash with spent oud and frankincense on top.

Thank you so much- i just saw this now 🙂- enjoy :praying:
 
Elixir Attar - Spirit of Arabia & Spirit of Japan
Arabia smells rosey, slightly sharp.
Japan.....mmm, cloves. spicy, fiery, warm cinnamon

/edit - oh wait, fiery ANISE!! Yes, reminding me of these "fireball" candy

Spirit of Japan- plethora of Japanese spices with Vietnamese oud and musk:handok:

Spirit of Arabia sharpness is the kind of sharpness Many Middle Eastern people like in their perfume-incense oudy smoky floral-
Can be very sharp for some noses-:thumbsup:
 
I'm really really looking forward to my samples! I hope I haven't over-hyped them already in my head but everything sounds great 😀

I have on swipes of EO's Sandal Sultan & Sultan Leather Attar. Interesting to wear the leather attar as I've not worn it in ages and have worn EO1 several times, and yes I can many parallels here. I was wearing it last Sunday back at my hometown visiting family and my sister said "it smells like wood polish in here", strangely enough I'd noticed the smell too which wouldn't be from the house because my father's lazy and wouln't do polishing but I offered her my arm to smell and she said "yup it's that". haha 🙂
Please let me know what you think about AlGhaliya 2018 Bulagre Fleuri Et Animalique-

Its among my most complex perfumes with very very rare ingredients:thumbsup:
 
Kalevala Attar - Elixir Attar...smoky, incensy...very nicely done.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
This is infleunced by the festival of fire in Finland that takes place every year in Helsinki’s outskirts called Juhanns festival-
When i was there i wanted to reproduce the scent in a bottle-

Smoke from burning pine trees- leather from boots and horse saddles- lily of the valley whiffs- the national scent and pride of Finland and several northern countries.

:praying:-enjoy dear🙂
 
Mellifluence - Trees and Earth. A lovely calm accord that smells...well like trees and earth. Thinking of fresh sap from broken branches, the scent of leaves after you rub them... Very nice and very calming. It is obvious that the oils have been aged a couple of years as they are very unified.
Perfect for work as it is a soft type of perfume.

Update
it transforms from a calm woods scent to a slightly ambery clay scent as it settles, which is very nice.

Dear Abdullah, is this a combination of two of your accords? The scents are familiar yet more calm and harmonised.
 
Last edited:
La Peregrina from @Mellifluence a beautiful floral attars with tuberose and two champacas that ends with a resinous hooray! IIRC, it has Mukhmil Oud from @Habz786 🙂

Update: It lasted more than 14 hours.
I think that Mukhmil works extremely well in this blend connecting everything with its raw power. Love La Peregrina! (yes my fast is over :Thumbsup:)
 
Elixir Attar - Custom Bespoke project -M7

I didn’t know EA has this service - matching fragrances and turning them into oil form. The best part? I only had to order 3ml. My biggest fear is ending up with tolas of an oil that I am not the biggest fan of - and certain with EA, I don’t have to worry about that! So I have decided to ask for a recreation of a designer fragrance Legend [emoji14]

First of all I just want to praise brother Ahmed for his talent in recreating a classic designer fragrance using natural materials. I can’t imagine how he manage to do it within a week.

Scent wise - I think this oil is as close as one can get considering only naturals are used. If you smell the oil up close right after swiping (I am talking about gluing your nose to your wrist), it gets a little sharp and soapy, but hey it beats sniffing the scent of alcohol when I spray the original on my wrist and sniff right away.

Real oud was used - EO’s Aroha Kyaku

Once the scent settles - it smells really close to M7, without the synthetics.

BRAVO
 
Back
Top