Rock Solid Filipino Heartwood - beautiful rich, Bruneian blue, dried berries, oceanic salty air

[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
Same here...Sinking Malinau
Likely from the same batch
because it’s from Jay🙂
Opens sweet as Vietnamese
then you can ride these chips for a while
as long as you don’t heat so high.

Next up.....
Hainan chips
A strong contender for
“Best Profile” Award.
 
Last edited:
2 pkgs arrived

Quick Impressions:

EO Abuyog Bulldog
Like a sequel to Pinoy Privee
which has a Walla Patta vibe at the top
and drys down a little different than PP.

LMK El Filippino
Some variances in appearance and scent
some candy floral Vietnamese
some semisweet Papuan
some ancient resin
overall......$100/10g shipped
..... I’m happy🙂


for good measure......some Merauke
Heating this weathered wood is a stark departure
from the Mon Koh world. I don’t know how this wood can take the heat without turning acrid.
Dark chocolate wood roast, with some earthiness
......and a smoothness akin to cream.
My mission was to acquire some Merauke after
thoroughly enjoying KZ’s Merauke stick.
I really dig the tangential experience.
 
2 pkgs arrived

Quick Impressions:

EO Abuyog Bulldog
Like a sequel to Pinoy Privee
which has a Walla Patta vibe at the top
and drys down a little different than PP.

LMK El Filippino
Some variances in appearance and scent
some candy floral Vietnamese
some semisweet Papuan
some ancient resin
overall......$100/10g shipped
..... I’m happy🙂


for good measure......some Merauke
Heating this weathered wood is a stark departure
from the Mon Koh world. I don’t know how this wood can take the heat without turning acrid.
Dark chocolate wood roast, with some earthiness
......and a smoothness akin to cream.
My mission was to acquire some Merauke after
thoroughly enjoying KZ’s Merauke stick.
I really dig the tangential experience.
i have a relative had EO Abuyog bulldog coming, hope its good 🙂
 
Just curious - with ensars prices on wood being so high and there being so much great fili wood out there elsewhere, seriously who is paying 100/g for fili exclusive which doesn't even look like heartwood - it's just chips.

For 100 a gram, sorry I'm buying some ultra dense, Chinese carving grade wood. Maybe I'm wrong who knows - maybe fili exclusive smells unbelievable or something. Hey it might...
 
Just curious - with ensars prices on wood being so high and there being so much great fili wood out there elsewhere, seriously who is paying 100/g for fili exclusive which doesn't even look like heartwood - it's just chips.

For 100 a gram, sorry I'm buying some ultra dense, Chinese carving grade wood. Maybe I'm wrong who knows - maybe fili exclusive smells unbelievable or something. Hey it might...

With my bulldog order, I received a sample of the Fili exclusive. It’s like a very mature Pinoy Privee,
more mature resin...less oil.....but that’s just the smell....it does have oil too....plus, reminds me a
bit of Brunei Ghattas.

The price.....???
Is it worth it....???
I’ll leave that up to the individual.
If you sample it and love it and gotta have it,
then who am I to say what.

If you already have Pinoy Privee or Abuyog Bulldog,
moving up to the Exclusive is not a giant leap, therefore, if anything....try a gram first,
or just go straight to get some Brunei Ghattas.
 
Back
Top