BOTN - Pattani - what a vibrant, very special earthy green opening - such a unique smell.

[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
Papuan chip

The so called agarwood soursop,
when I smell the aroma
I can’t help but think
how this wood would be a good ingredient
for a bakhoor blend.
 
Brunei Ghattas... tiny kodo chip last looooong time.
I get lots of flowers(frangipani, rose, jasmine), butter, and super dense oud sweetness. this chip needs a bit more heat than usual to really get what's in it.
love love love.
 
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day

Got a bunch of split atlas cedar, redwood and arbor vitae mixed wood. This is a big pile of incense essentially. Got it for burning in our outdoor fire place


Not sure why that image is showing rotated... it's right side up on my device.
 
View attachment 13983

Got a bunch of split atlas cedar, redwood and arbor vitae mixed wood. This is a big pile of incense essentially. Got it for burning in our outdoor fire place


Not sure why that image is showing rotated... it's right side up on my device.

My phone does this too, really annoying.
I'm burning a small bit of Habz' Wild Viet. Wood's okay, it's not cleaned the best, but it smells great. This may not be the same wood as in the shop currently, I probably bought in 2018, think Habz made a sample pack of various types with 3g (or 5?) each

I really like my new setup in my new flat where my burner's right in front of my open window, blowing the oud scent towards me 😀
 
Al Hashimi Brunei Ghattas.
Yamadamatsu's Oju incense stick smells quite like this wood. but B.G is more packed with a good oudiness. and has more delicate floral nuances.
anyway, both are my favorites at the moment.
 
EO Pinoy Privee
Nice profile

Habzoud Hindi
Caramel corn, tea, pollen, resin.
Why are Hindi chips so hard to get?

Papua chips
Unfamiliar profile, aromatic,
I keep studying it. The litmus test is to see how it smells in an incense stick form

Sultanul Oud Borneo Gold
I purchased this 6 years ago, haven’t heated some in a long time.
Figs, hint of tobacco, berries, floral, slightly herbal, cherry oud, sweet, spice.......in that order
.....just note after note after note
Then I went to their website, and saw that it is still available. But is it the same batch I wonder?
.......good stuff:Inlove:
 
sounds good @Oudamberlove
Today I have a decent sized chip of Sinking Indonesian (sumatran if I recall) from The Attar Store on the heater. Fantastic - you missed out if you didn't get this! 😀

I've been quite tempted to buy more wood lately - and then I look at how much I own already....there is no point getting more! There's something really compulsive about perfumery, isn't there?
 
Last edited:
I've been quite tempted to buy more wood lately - and then I look at how much I own already....there is no point getting more! There's something really compulsive about perfumery, isn't there?
Oh I hear that brother.....😀. We are very blessed that we can grow financially poorer with our chosen habit of olfactory experiences but very rich with pleasure from scent, that we cant quite have enough.......For me even opening a bottle of Oudh and just sniffing it can suffice my pleasure.....🙂
But you know what Sproaty?.......I still feel blessed that we have found (or it found us) this passion in life....
 
I bought a bag of tiny Merauke chips,
had to give them a bath to remove dust
and freshen them up a bit. Turns out that a lot of thoses little buggers were very resinated and some sinking. Must be from a live tree, and probably some buried stuff too. Nice to heat!

Then round two with Sumatra, this time a few slivers from a double super chip. Again, it opens with florals, then does a decent job at oudy fumigation. Then I let it cool down, then start back up, and the scent reminded me of Sumatran oud oil. Bang for the buck baby!
 
Back
Top