Brunei Ghattas.
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
I'm surprised at how long bits of wood can keep burning & giving off scent.
I'm heating...I think it was Brunei Sultan by Al Hashimi and I turned it on around 8am this morning and forgot to turn it off - around 6pm when I got back home it was still giving off scent (and still is, at 10pm!)
I’m glad your place didn’t burn down:Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao:
I get that too, as long as the heat isn’t too high.
In fact, today and yesterday, I let the wood heat continually for 2 hours, then I like to walk out of the room then walk back in and enjoy the aroma.

Today....it’s Habzoud Filipino woods,
both the sinkers and the baby kings.
The sinking piece was so resinous that it seemed to have more resin than wood.
 
Al Hashimi - Brunei Ghattas

Notes: Gardenia, White champaca, Butter, Orris butter, Vanilla, Sugar, Cardamom
Sensation: Grounding, Pulsating
Description
Brunei Ghattas is one heck of oud wood. I've been burning tiny silver of this wood for several times. and I can't get enough of this beautiful wood.

Approximately 0.3mm x 0.7mm sized chip emitted the smell for ±4 hours of continuous low-temperature heating. It smells strong for about 2 hour and becomes weaker.

There are no smells at room temperature, but it blooms wonderfully when you toss it on a burner.

On the gently heated burner, tiny droplets ooze out from the chip, and bubbles start to simmer. It opens up with a luscious white floral such as white champaca, gardenia. simultaneously, thick buttery cream sweetness satiates the craving that only can be satisfied by sinking grade oud.

Personally, I got a pulsating sensation in my forehead several times while burning this wood. it gives me a nice grounding effect.

Brunei Ghattas, it is this kind of ouds that I'm happily open my wallet. :Inlove:
 
Vietnam Yellow soil fingers, Tony Bolton

I love soil wood, divine perfume during many time. . .

😉
I had to revisit this yellow soil.
Nice Sweet Vietnamese profile, more refined than I expected, but this is a 5 year old batch.
While I had my baggie with woods out,
I reached for some ASO Hudhayl wood,
close to Assam profile, but with a bright citrus on top of the floral.
Digging some more, an old neglected baggie of Sri Lanka chips....being from qt store, I dismissed them most of the time. Old small dusty chips, but under 10x magnification, most were resin rocks, and when heated, a little goes a long way, with an excellent profile. Super!
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
I had to revisit this yellow soil.
Nice Sweet Vietnamese profile, more refined than I expected, but this is a 5 year old batch.
While I had my baggie with woods out,
I reached for some ASO Hudhayl wood,
close to Assam profile, but with a bright citrus on top of the floral.
Digging some more, an old neglected baggie of Sri Lanka chips....being from qt store, I dismissed them most of the time. Old small dusty chips, but under 10x magnification, most were resin rocks, and when heated, a little goes a long way, with an excellent profile. Super!
View attachment 14074
i could smell greatness from this delicious picture alone 😛
 
Got my subutism burner and “wood starter pack” from RPP. WOW he gave me some good stuff. But I started by burning a small sliver of the Al Hashimi Brunei Ghattas! Wow. Very into this.
Any one with an RPP burner know what the settings mean? 17.5... is that 175 degrees? 17.5Watts? I’m not really sure what my range should be on a wood like this Brunei. I got it bubbling and it smelled amazing but I also had the feeling that’s not the whole story for low heat!
 
Got my subutism burner and “wood starter pack” from RPP. WOW he gave me some good stuff. But I started by burning a small sliver of the Al Hashimi Brunei Ghattas! Wow. Very into this.
Any one with an RPP burner know what the settings mean? 17.5... is that 175 degrees? 17.5Watts? I’m not really sure what my range should be on a wood like this Brunei. I got it bubbling and it smelled amazing but I also had the feeling that’s not the whole story for low heat!

Think it’s voltage. Some experts may be able to jump on here and advise you on temp/voltage adjustments. Burning stuff is FUN—that’s about my level of expertise!
 
Yeah. It depends on which adapter he sent. There are a couple variations.

I know for me, 9-10 is a good number for low heat but that may be different on yours.

16 is where things start really bubbling.

20-24 is essentially like a hot coal imo
 
Yeah. It depends on which adapter he sent. There are a couple variations.

I know for me, 9-10 is a good number for low heat but that may be different on yours.

16 is where things start really bubbling.

20-24 is essentially like a hot coal imo

!! Thanks !!

waited a bit and burned some Cambodi Pursat chips from RPP... it gave me a wasabi flush in my brain. My eyes teared up. Night and day from the floral Brunei wood in the Al Hashimi Ghattas.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top