Malay Bead Waste from RPP. Note on the package said NEEDS LOW HEAT. Trying to decide if that means halfway on the electric or like the lowest setting. Clearly don't want smoke but maybe just under that? Fun to get it right. This one makes my nose tingle, even when I'm not smelling it.

Heating woods can be quite the adventure! I've found that many woods will handle a varying degree of heat - it is a bit subjective to your preference and your nose. Typically there are two camps, oil heavy or resin heavy - oil heavy woods will prefer lower heat because the oil is fragile and can burn easily which could ruin the experience. Use your instinct as you slowly increase your heat setting keeping your nose close to detect when the oils begin to release their scent. Keep in mind that a physically larger piece of wood will undoubtedly require higher heat setting than slivers or even shavings of the same wood. I like to use wire cutters to split woods along the grain to create slivers that heat quite nicely on the subitism.

I typically heat ultra high grade agarwood - you can see below that the size of the slivers on my heater are quite small. The mica plates I use are 19x24mm for sizing reference. The scent that comes from these pieces is unique, exotic and specific - Borneo Kinam if I recall - quite the ride despite the small size.

[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
Olde hinde - from what I understand, a king grade private ensar offering - smells awesome and cool to get a clear picture of what Hindi wood used to smell like back in the day.

Also surriankah wood ; also an ensar offering.

Royal baram - so cool

And castle ; yet again same deal. But really fun milkshake thing going on upfront!

Big thanks to @KodoKing who seems to have a never ending supply of ultra rare and high grade woods.
 
Heating woods can be quite the adventure! I've found that many woods will handle a varying degree of heat - it is a bit subjective to your preference and your nose. Typically there are two camps, oil heavy or resin heavy - oil heavy woods will prefer lower heat because the oil is fragile and can burn easily which could ruin the experience. Use your instinct as you slowly increase your heat setting keeping your nose close to detect when the oils begin to release their scent. Keep in mind that a physically larger piece of wood will undoubtedly require higher heat setting than slivers or even shavings of the same wood. I like to use wire cutters to split woods along the grain to create slivers that heat quite nicely on the subitism.

I typically heat ultra high grade agarwood - you can see below that the size of the slivers on my heater are quite small. The mica plates I use are 19x24mm for sizing reference. The scent that comes from these pieces is unique, exotic and specific - Borneo Kinam if I recall - quite the ride despite the small size.

View attachment 14164 View attachment 14165 View attachment 14166
Thank you SO MUCH. I just heated some premium Bangladeshi wood from JK and it burst into flames, so I’m guessing Taha’s Gen3 pump method is NOT RIGHT for this particular batch. Haha
 
Back
Top