Crazy grease on this Viet wood. Just acquired....
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_20200919_142841.webp
    91 KB · Views: 275
  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_20200919_142827.webp
    73.9 KB · Views: 279
  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_20200919_142753.webp
    73.1 KB · Views: 289
  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_20200919_142741.webp
    84.7 KB · Views: 268
  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_20200919_142710.webp
    65.8 KB · Views: 262
  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_20200919_142702.webp
    95.9 KB · Views: 286
Nice one!

The more I heat this wood the more I love it. The resinous pieces I shave off have an almost musky animalic tone to em. It's a very unique and full bodied aroma. Def something to check out for those in the "most woods smell so similar" camp. These fili batches are unique for sure!

There will be a larger piece listed up soon of this :Cooler:
 
2nd Session...

Roasting some Habzoud sinking Filipino,
it fills the room with mind bending smoke😕.

After the initial burst,
I’m finding some Merauke similarities,
mainly in the base notes.
I guess it’s no wonder,
because both woods can endure high heat
without becoming very harsh,
and can simmer on the heater for a long time.

I just tried some of the non sinking pieces I got. These actually smell somewhat different. I think they have a higher oil than resin content maybe? They cannot stand heat the way the baby king ones can though. Both fun to heat 4 sure!
 
I just tried some of the non sinking pieces I got. These actually smell somewhat different. I think they have a higher oil than resin content maybe? They cannot stand heat the way the baby king ones can though. Both fun to heat 4 sure!
I found more variances within the non sinking batch, and of the two baby kings I have, a little variance. But all-in-all, each chip is an adventure, and there were a few chips within the sinking batch that were insanely good:Thumbsup:
 
Back
Top