My burn of the night is the same burn of the night as yesterday. Literally in this case. EJAyB's cultivated kinam Was still on my burger from yesterday... some tiny little chips. That's kicking off a pretty nice kyara type sent for the second night in a row the same chips.
This wood has crazy longevity...I leave it on the heater and can’t seem to pull it of. Interesting profile and amazing experience!
 
Aso merauke.

That was very nice. All the nuances were familiar confirming that one of my other wood samples is also merauke. This one has familiar notes but the scent development was really sublime- like multiple layers as the wood heated and different molecules started to evaporate. Each stage of its development was extremely pleasant and devoid of any unclean or kind of gross undertones. The spent wood continues to radiate that gentle sweet wood scent. I am indebted to oudamberlove for steering me to it through his review.

And here is a long overdue double-thumbs-up to oudamberlove for keeping those informative / substantive reviews rolling. It's the main thing that keeps me checking back it here!

That's too good words recently. Cultivated Kinam from ejayb and this merauke from aso.

And I recently had to order a little bit more of that wood from EJayb. My "den" is now steeped with the scent.
 
Daihatsu Vietnamese Kizami

I had a pkg. from Japan waiting for EMS, but I got tired of waiting so long, so I took a hit and paid the insane price for Fedex International Priority.

These Daihatsu tiny pieces are dark in color and bone dry. They are probably very old also, because the profile is mainly resinous, probably not even a drop of oil. It’s slightly sweet, with a dark red wine character, dried fruits, oudy, malt, and a touch woody.
Does very well gently heated, but on high, they started to burn.

Not your typical Vietnamese
 
Vietnamese session

Nippon Kodo Sizuro
Ethereal top notes, florals, and resin.

Daihatsu Kizami
Like aromatic resin releasing a perfume aura.

Baieido Ogurayama old stock
Opens like a swipe of oud,
then flowers and honey,
then a little tobacco.

While I was zoned-in on Vietnamese profiles,
I heated some Shoyeido First Class
to see if it is Vietnamese, well,
not likely......
....with strawberry, apple, and cinnamon
....it is likely from Borneo.
 
After real long did a heating session yesterday

Sri Lankan Walla Patta - handpicked via a distiller in Colombo

Old Tarakan - KZ

End it with

Red Soil Kyara - Tony Bolton


Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
How’s that red soil? I have yellow soil fingers from Tony that I enjoy.
 
I've got an outdoor fire mixed atlas cedar and western red cedar, a little bit of Douglasfir. The atlas cedar when that burns it's like sitting next to a vetiver and sandalwood roast or something. There's one note that old sandalwood and old cedar have in common. And then there's this weird rich tang that just fills the air. I've never burned this kind of wood before fragrance is fantastic it's like burning incense.
 
To be honest I don't think its Kyara.

Its a lovely highly resinated heartwood. Its lovely at room temperature.

And when gently heated gives whiffs of bitter sweet green notes laced with creaminess.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
Thank you, very interesting.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dan
I've got an outdoor fire mixed atlas cedar and western red cedar, a little bit of Douglasfir. The atlas cedar when that burns it's like sitting next to a vetiver and sandalwood roast or something. There's one note that old sandalwood and old cedar have in common. And then there's this weird rich tang that just fills the air. I've never burned this kind of wood before fragrance is fantastic it's like burning incense.
I have a bunch of kiln dried juniper that I use as kindling, I really enjoy it when making outdoor fires this time of year.
 
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day

Al Hashimi Brunei Ghattas on subitism burner.
Carved quite a lot this time to end my sunday.

Heavenly. very resin dense, avocado, vanilla, white flowers. sweet sweet sweet :Inlove:
 
Back
Top