Puresacra basic hojari. Just their "house hojari" not the superior or royal green or what have you. On a large sheet of mica on top of our wood stove. As the fire goes through it's phases of hotter and cooler, the scent of frankincense waxes and wanes so to speak... not quite as hot is it needs to be. Maybe have to smash or grind it first next time.
 
Tested a little sample of the $40/g quality cultivated kinam from ejayb. Pieces are like thin flat slices, approximately pinky fingernail size. Not sure what the wood looks like if you order 10 grams or whatever.

I was wondering if it would just be the same thing, only more of it (that is just wood that is more saturated with the same fragrance) or if it would be qualitatively different.

I would say it is qualitatively different. First of all the high oil saturation gives it the soft glutinous pliable resin consistency that I've been told is the hallmark of kyara and kinam. Much more tangible than on the $10/g which has more dry fibers mixed in with oil saturated wood. These look almost "chewy" like black licorice or something (but not quite that dark of course that the best comparison I can think of).

The aroma on first inspection was more complex and has some nuances I didn't notice in the cheaper wood. If I had to guess I would imagine there's a higher percentage of a greater diversity of odor molecules... (?)

the aroma seems to last longer, and more importantly the last 25% of the burn is nicer - sweeter, less combusted smelling - with this than the $10 /g wood.

I do think the $10 wood may provide the best value (my stash of wood with what to my nose releases approximately the kyara category of fragrance has increased by 2200% thanks to this deal) but the $40 per gram is definitely more than just 4x concentrated $10/g scent in my opinion. Worth a gram for sure.
 
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
Is there any wood in that pool!!
Habzoud sinking Filli, if ya know ya know !
Banging
 
Yowza look at that resin what the...?

broken record here scenting my whole home with cultivated kinam. Can't complain...
 
Once again... splinters of cultivated kinam on a low temp subitism all day...
 
Is that LMK the sinking version? I have the lower grade and sometimes it smells like really good fried chicken. Is that normal? haha
It’s the first batch from two years ago, pure Tawi Tawi wood. For the second, batch I have the non sinking, it is indeed a mixed lot, I get three different profiles, one of which is lovely. So, yes, with a mixed lot of Philippine agarwood, you can get fried chicken, curry, sandalwoody, and musky.
 
It’s the first batch from two years ago, pure Tawi Tawi wood. For the second, batch I have the non sinking, it is indeed a mixed lot, I get three different profiles, one of which is lovely. So, yes, with a mixed lot of Philippine agarwood, you can get fried chicken, curry, sandalwoody, and musky.

Interesting! Thanks. I’m glad I’m not a total lunatic. Haha
 
Back
Top