Heating some Papua New Guinea sandalwood powder from @RisingPhoenix

interesting. the initial blast from this powder is very similar(or the same) to the sandalwood stick I got from NineRegions(China-based AliExpresse seller) a while ago.
lightly woody, creamy, a bit herbal(quite not the right term though) the Chinese vendor said his incense was made with Mysore sandalwood, yet I'm finding many similarities in both.
the difference is RPP's sandalwood stays ethereal and gets a bit sweeter while NineRegions's one gets a lot sweeter after the initial blast.

I don't think I could tell which one is Mysore if I were blind smelled these.
 
Bro why do u always spell Malay as Maylay 🤦‍♂️ show some respect to the nation and the race by atleast spelling it correctly
Absolutely no intentions of disrespect. Did not mean to offend anyone. It’s hardto know as what offends one is a cute term I use when speaking to my Malaysian niece’s born and raised in Singapore.
so once again, no disrespect meant and I’ll refrain from the term in the future.
 
Absolutely no intentions of disrespect. Did not mean to offend anyone. It’s hardto know as what offends one is a cute term I use when speaking to my Malaysian niece’s born and raised in Singapore.
so once again, no disrespect meant and I’ll refrain from the term in the future.
You know I think that people should not get offended over such trivial things. Plus it IS cute so I don't see any reason to refrain from using such idiosyncrasies.
 
Cool story Karen
Who's Karen? 😵 But really Hakim you just took it the wrong way, it is obvious that Ejay was not being in any way disrespectful so it's all good.
 
Last edited:
Every one take a deep breath. ( hope it’s oudy)
Hakim seems to be having a bad day and maybe some language /culture misunderstanding.
Let’s not let the conversation go off topic!
I am relaxing with sinking pieces of Malaysian wood harvested in 1980
A true treasure
Sultan level wood
Agreed! We all have our cranky days 😉
 
I'll just leave this here and move on 🙂

It's not okay to try and cutify another race/country and justify it by saying that "my niece is from Malaysia & raised in Singapore" and that's why I'm triggered. I've seen this going on for some time already and assumed it was probably a typo but after seeing you spell it that way every time it doesn't seem okay anymore.

@ anyone who felt butthurt by my comment and felt the urge to defend/justify his actions, better get that mindset changed up else yall dont belong in this global Ouddict community 😊🙏

Will be burning some sinking brunei ASAP once I get home 😋
 
I'll just leave this here and move on 🙂

It's not okay to try and cutify another race/country and justify it by saying that "my niece is from Malaysia & raised in Singapore" and that's why I'm triggered. I've seen this going on for some time already and assumed it was probably a typo but after seeing you spell it that way every time it doesn't seem okay anymore.

@ anyone who felt butthurt by my comment and felt the urge to defend/justify his actions, better get that mindset changed up else yall dont belong in this global Ouddict community 😊🙏

Will be burning some sinking brunei ASAP once I get home 😋
Sigh...Guilt without a crime. Seems to be the spirit of the times. There is generally NOTHING wrong about cutifying things. It's called whimsy in contrast to lifeless seriousness which can lead you to really bad places - like into poisonous reactionary attitudes where you are merely searching for blood. I would know as I've been there when I was younger.
 
Last edited:
I changed my post , made my apologies and moved on . You sir are now just disrespectful. My brother has lived in Singapore fir over 30 years and has children who are not offended by my words. At first I thought you were having a bad day but now you have let the truth be known and I will call out that truth!!!!
Troll
Stop trolling our form and using offensive language and unfounded accusations .
This really is not the place for you to troll Bro.
 
I'll just leave this here and move on 🙂

It's not okay to try and cutify another race/country and justify it by saying that "my niece is from Malaysia & raised in Singapore" and that's why I'm triggered. I've seen this going on for some time already and assumed it was probably a typo but after seeing you spell it that way every time it doesn't seem okay anymore.

@ anyone who felt butthurt by my comment and felt the urge to defend/justify his actions, better get that mindset changed up else yall dont belong in this global Ouddict community 😊🙏

Will be burning some sinking brunei ASAP once I get home 😋

Did you need to speak to the manager?
 
Hakim, you ok bro?
 
EJay has already remedied the issue so clearly he has not bad intent.

Having said that Hakim as a Malay has every right to request/demand that the name/title of his people not be cutified. We can question his method, however his request remains valid.

No need for everyone to jump at him.
No jumping involved. Just pointing out a mistaken assumption. I still disagree, even with you. What can I say, I guess it is the problematization itself that is the problem for me. I find places where speech is limited to such a degree that people are careful not to offend, even when they have no intent of offending, boring.
 
No jumping involved. Just pointing out a mistaken assumption. I still disagree, even with you. What can I say, I guess it is the problematization itself that is the problem for me. I find places where speech is limited to such a degree that people are careful not to offend, even when they have no intent of offending, boring.

A lot of speech related issues comes down to why they were problematized in the first place, and to understand that context is very important. I totally agree that in a ideal world where people were not oppressed by other peoples and words were not loaded with history and pain then we theoretically would be able to use all words without restriction.

Unfortunately humans have done and continue to do nasty stuff to each other, and some of that nasty stuff then carries over into the language where words pick up meanings, for example words such as chink, nigga, coon, bong etc There are certain things due to history that we know people are sensitive about due to what happened historically and how terms were used to further hurt people.

Historically in Malay Archipelago colonial powers made it a tactic to bastardize the local titles and terms, including how they called the peoples tribes, regions, etc. The people in this region have historical reason to be more heightened about this issue due to the historical pain caused by the deliberate misconstruction of local terms and titles. Racial segregation and abuse was a means by which colonial occupiers ensured that the native Malay people never progress in the system. As such whilst to the rest of us it means nothing, to a Malay person it evokes memories of those times.

To acknowledge such issues and understand the deeper pain behind them can only enrich our experience. Especially when the 'word' in discussion is not even an actual English word. As such even from a perspective of expression, you aren't missing anything by not using the incorrect spelling of the word Malay.
 
Also in fairness to this forum...it is a very tolerant board and quite well regulated and well behaved. Other then first time posters spouting on about something non Oudh related, I find everybody here to be of good nature...except me....I think I shall go and start a new thread about what offends me today in the modern world....
@Hakim and @EJayB are very informative posters and I usually hit the like button a lot to their posts.....so enough said....
Post edited for personnel reasons...
 
Last edited:
Back
Top