I love doing this! I like to take a few small pieces of Hojari and place it on the foil first and then put the Agarwood on top. I found the same results that it doesn’t over heat the resins and create that acrid sort of smoke.

I really enjoy burning on charcoal as well as low temp heating so it’s fun to experiment. I even like to put a touch of Oud on there sometimes as well. Not all Oud smells good heated up but some stuff does and it’s magnificent!

I wanna try oud in an water oil diffuser thing. Anyone try that?
 
New strategy!

For wood that lights on fire kinda easy like some cultivated Indian agarwoods, simply lay a few pieces of frank on top of it. The oils from the frank will saturate the non resonated sections of the chip, making it impossible for it to light on fire. It also functions like a really low temp coal bc the frank isn't touching directly. Feel like this is the best win win scenario I've come across for these kinda chips!

The scent of both is stellar!
Spot on bro. I do it a lot both on coal and the heater I got from you. Moreover, I can play around with different materials and make my own blend. For example, oud + hojari + sandal + Buddha. Sometimes I put one drop of patchuli. It's so much fun.
 
Going through the Gyokushodo Kaori No Sho sampler. These are all pretty outstanding. But right now I'm actually enjoying the bottom two the most! Woodland(Mori) and Bloom(Hana). I'm finding that an upright burn really brings out the nuance in each of these. Diagonally these get louder but a bit more harsh too.
 
Minorien Fu-in granulated incense
aloeswood blend.

Heated on my Shoyeido electric chip heater,
from medium to medium high,
not too far from the flavor of the stick version,
leaves a nice aroma in my room,
even my wifeee concurs.
I really enjoyed the Minorien Fu-in granulated incense Aloeswood Blend, that I had to get a few more boxes😋
The sticks(new batch), are really growing on me too, luvin’ it:Thumbsup:
 
OudBase - Bangla Cacao Organic
This is a plantation oud chips from Bangladesh, sourced by OudBase. these trees are inoculated with nails without any other chemicals. thanks to the farmer who let these trees mature for quite a while, the resin contents of these oud chips are higher than other regular plantation oud chips. it's almost as resinous as mid-grade wild oud chips.

when it touches charcoal, a blast of refreshing minty scent welcomes you then slowly transitions into sweet chocolate, leather scent.
it's great for the price and easy on your wallet.
 
I've been burning sticks from Rising Phoenix the last couple of days (thanks JK for the extra samples!). They are wonderful. The Asian Pear/Sandalwood/Hainan Oud is very relaxing and the pear works really really well with the sandalwood. Sinking Sumbawa has a wonderfully resinous character to it which remains and pervades the room. Fusen has the spiciness and is deeply satisfying and a perfect oud stick. No off notes in any of these.
 
@Grega Asian pear is my favorite from RPP. the pear in this one is very visceral and crispy. 😋

I'm burning a fast sinking Malinau @EJayB sent me a while ago.
intensely indolic and oudy, swampy. for some reason, I feel my tongue is drying out.
there's dense pine nut note I usually find in central Borneo island ouds which I love.
I get some ghee butter and crushed white florals as well. very masculine to my nose.

RPP's incense stick is my only Malinau oud experience and this is quite similar in profile but without spiciness and has more depth and stronger potency. love this oud. thank you, EJayB!
 
Yeah I was really surprised how much the pear note comes out. Very nice indeed.
 
Sri Lanka Walla Patta

When I get a new batch,
I sample a sliver from each piece.

I do this with most woods that I purchase,
so I am currently processing many batches this way, it will take quite some time to complete 🙂
 
Heating an old Borneo chip
that looks like a “chip”
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
smooth creamy oudy woody and earthy
 
Back
Top