Thanks for sharing your impressions. I want to know how you find Manaka. 😀
Manaka will be next up. Did a little experiment last night. Was heating and paying close attention to the Cambodian (Manaban) a bit more to see if I could find the “Salty” quality when I got a craving for some Kynam. So I shaved off a tiny bit of Black Kynam from the small stash I have, and moved the Cambodian wood over to the side of my heater. The Black Kynam literally exploded with the wonderful indescribable scent of Kyara and I could really smell in high def the difference in these woods. Whisps of the Black Kynam next to the Cambodian wood seemed to really put a focus on the magic of Kyara/Kynam. My guess is this is a big no-no in trying to study the profile, but wow....the Kynam really stood out. Was such a superb combination, I think I’ll try it again at some point. Like right now!

This experience really makes me want to pick up a better, larger, more extensive (also expensive) Rikkoku set. Eyeing the one from Baiedo this morning trying to figure out what oils I could part with to fund this...
 
Last edited:
Hello to everyone,
I would like to share my new burner with all the Oud lovers , this is Burl Maple wood that I turn in the lathe lately ,
The edge is Opal Gem stone inlayed in the wood then polished , it’s 8” (200 mm) diameter.
I hope you like it and thank you for watching.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    1BB49DD3-2714-44E1-AD2A-36AD3D1EB3C6.webp
    122.9 KB · Views: 155
  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    162A400E-6D63-4E16-8698-3602C1DE0A3C.webp
    138 KB · Views: 150
  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    751426AE-2FDB-4982-AFE9-241F36E0648D.webp
    222.7 KB · Views: 155
  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    C24C8490-E66C-457B-A494-8B5FD7C71C45.webp
    85.7 KB · Views: 161
  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    A6C28AF1-A771-488A-BF5C-7A6EE061C7C3.webp
    246.6 KB · Views: 178
Hello to everyone,
I would like to share my new burner with all the Oud lovers , this is Burl Maple wood that I turn in the lathe lately ,
The edge is Opal Gem stone inlayed in the wood then polished , it’s 8” (200 mm) diameter.
I hope you like it and thank you for watching.
How do you fix the female plug into the wood? I've always wondered about how it's done =D
 
Shoyeido First Class old stock

A piece oozing with resin,
gently heated,
beautiful sweet resin floral fruity.

I’d like to have a big bottle of this scent,
then I’d perfume myself like I used to💦💦

About the closest scent to this is Maluku and Irian Jaya.
 
Brunei g. From AH , I really want a Brunei oil that can capture this scent!
where oh where ?
Brunei wood at a reasonable price so I can distill it? Anyone?
How does the Brunei G wood smell? I couldn't get any when they were on sale 😕 and I do have some Brunei wood. Interestingly the wood I have isn't as spicy as the sticks that Le makes and definitely not like Oriana (oil made from Brunei microcarpa wood). So I'm guessing that there must be different species of wood in Brunei, each with a different profile.
 
It
How does the Brunei G wood smell? I couldn't get any when they were on sale 😕 and I do have some Brunei wood. Interestingly the wood I have isn't as spicy as the sticks that Le makes and definitely not like Oriana (oil made from Brunei microcarpa wood). So I'm guessing that there must be different species of wood in Brunei, each with a different profile
It’s spicy and sublime, you are in the USA so dm me if you want to trade Brunei g 1g for a gram of your Brunei for me to try, the AH wood is very similar to Ensar’s Brunei kinsm scent just a step down in intensity
 
Brunei g. From AH , I really want a Brunei oil that can capture this scent!
where oh where ?
Brunei wood at a reasonable price so I can distill it? Anyone?
The closest I’ve ever smelled is the opening of AA’s Beccaraina but it’s a Borneo and not a Brunei I believe(I have AA’s Kekasihku from Brunei but it doesn’t go near Ghattas territory). I too would love and Brunei Ghattas oil.
 
I'd imagine that the spicy profile wood from Brunei is highly sought after and priced higher too. Hence would be difficult to get a load of that wood to make an oil.
Yes but I’d be willing to pay! As a personal distillation of only a tola of oil or less it wouldn’t be much more expensive then a lot of these crazy expensive oil’s these days.
Love the Brunei G !!
 
I’ve been heating (low heat) some Irian woods the last few days. Some @EJayB sent me from a special private collection. Also some @KodoKing sent me in a swap. The overlap this premium Papuan wood has with Kyara is undeniable. This is a touch sweeter, with an oceanic/jungle vibe but it def shares some common traits with Kyara and Kinam. I would almost go out on a limb and say I might like this scent profile more. Although it’s different it’s just as satisfying as the best Kyara and Kinam I’ve sampled.
 
Back
Top