Burned some high-grade Seram (Ceram?) tonight. IMO this has to be the absolute best scent profile in ALL of Agarwood. I would say from a scent profile standpoint it beats Kinam/Kyara. Overall effect of the experience? Out on a limb here.... it could, very well......nope I’m not going to say it, I need more experience to make that bold of a statement. 😬

Whatever causes that purple(ish), powdery, Orris note is something reeeeeallly special. If you haven’t tried any and you enjoy this Ouddiction of ours please please get yourself some. Epic....just....Epic.
 
Burned some high-grade Seram (Ceram?) tonight. IMO this has to be the absolute best scent profile in ALL of Agarwood. I would say from a scent profile standpoint it beats Kinam/Kyara. Overall effect of the experience? Out on a limb here.... it could, very well......nope I’m not going to say it, I need more experience to make that bold of a statement. 😬

Whatever causes that purple(ish), powdery, Orris note is something reeeeeallly special. If you haven’t tried any and you enjoy this Ouddiction of ours please please get yourself some. Epic....just....Epic.
That’s what makes agarwood special, when it delivers wonderful notes. I could care less about the grading system, or singking pieces full of resin. The smell is what counts.
I have experienced several chips that are epic, I love to zero-in on their very lovely notes, and wish that I could stay in that moment forever.
 
That’s what makes agarwood special, when it delivers wonderful notes. I could care less about the grading system, or singking pieces full of resin. The smell is what counts.
I have experienced several chips that are epic, I love to zero-in on their very lovely notes, and wish that I could stay in that moment forever.
+1
here some seller intentional or not its happening in local shops and some auctions focus mostly "oh look at this chunk, Look at this resin, Look how it burn much oil/resin" yea ok thats some factors but what about most important thing! the smell?
as someone who bought lots and got to test lots in shops etc i have encountered alot of chunk/sinking grade with terrible smell and many with okish smell, finding stellar ones always require lots of effort :Cry:
 
Cultivated Kinam

Nice aroma that has a candy-sweet vibe.

It certainly doesn’t heat like most agarwood, normally, a resinous piece of agarwood will start to bleed and bubble with resin, and leave a mess on the mica, but the cultivated kinam does not.
 
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day


I found this amongst my stash, but don’t remember what it is. It looks like kyara, solid with resin, but I know it’s not.

Heated it…..mystery solved……
it’s the last piece from my Malaysian King chunk, Kedah region.
 
Last edited:
kedah is awesome! i probably prefer sabah and terengganu more
Yes no doubt, I’m not thrilled with it’s profile, although Kedah oils can be quite nice.

I followed the burn with LMK’s El Filipino first batch. It’s Tawi Tawi for sure. I know now that my next batch of sticks should be made with this Tawi Tawi wood.
 
Last edited:
Yes no doubt, I’m not thrilled with it’s profile, although Kedah oils can be quite nice.

I followed the burn with LMK’s El Filipino first batch. It’s Tawi Tawi for sure. I know now that my next batch of sticks should be made with this Tawi Tawi wood.
agarwood profile really vast i smelled lots patches of sabah and terengganu they differ in way or another, as for sabah i can guess there is few species in the patches coming! last piece i got was cleanest in smell and as mentioned got similar notes to ceram iris;d
ah i love tawi wood, sadly in local market that and mindano now is so hard to get! market flooded with manila, davao, leyte, bicol and palawan not sure if there is more forests out there have wood coming =/
 
Back
Top