-Renton-

True Ouddict
Heated some Cambodian King of decent quality. Lovely notes. First picture here is the start-ish of the hour long session:
Cambodian King start on heater 1.jpg

And here is the end:
Cambodian King end on heater 2.jpg

I went from 150-250c, but the aroma at 150c was decent but not as strong as I liked, so I moved it up slowly and stopped at around 180-190c. Then I slowly moved up to 250c where I sat for 5-10, maybe 15mins?

Woody notes that starts with a sweet, sour, tartish red berry notes, creamy milk and dark chocolate, cigar or pipe tobacco notes and some very, very fleeting powdery floral notes near the end. And of course that nice oudy smell you get with Cambodian oud, if you are familiar with it, it is quite lovely. Pretty sure this is crassna.

The session overall lasted 50-55mins. So, I just rounded it up to 1 hour. :p

Last edited:

Mr.P

oud<3er
I have a stick of the smart oud incense from mesoud burning (another sample that came with my order). This is a very rich resinous aroma, puts off strong aroma since it is about 1/4” thick. Nice balance of balsamic sweet resinous and charred notes - the oud in this seems like it was good quality.

-Renton-

True Ouddict
Some Filipino wood earlier on.

Here is basically the start:
And here is the end:
Note: I did not add any new pieces, as the burn was going on I was just snapping pieces of wood up and that DID give more aroma out put, before needlessly upping the temp.

Was a good few hours ago when I burned this but will give the notes that I remember the most, those are the most noteworthy anyway if you remember them more, right?

Starting temp of 180c to the end temperature of 220c.

Notes of some softish woodiness, very, very sweet oudiness and like candy, and a forest-like note, with an image of a green, somewhat dirty forest, but was still giving a clean aroma. As I went slowly and slowly, deeper and deeper, into higher temps, I got notes of, the sweetness but it turned into a semi-sweet/sourness, with some hints of red berries that were also sour and quite sweet (and this is what the notes were on the second image), balancing out the sweet to sour ratio of the agarwood. The forest note went full blast at 210-215 and lastly at 220c, it turned from a cleanish but still dirty forest, to a really, really woody note (remember I said the opening wood note was quite soft), quite piercing actually, that turned the once clean/dirty greenery forest into a semi-sweet, tart-like, sour somewhat red berry, rainforest that was actually quite similar to the end of soil woods... it was quite interesting. I love this Filipino wood, and the only person I can thank for this wood is Kareem from PureOudh, he sent 6.5g of this wood as a gift months ago, which was so much appreciated, and sadly our friendship has fallen in the ditch, real sad about that, since we were good mates that would have a laugh on WhatsApp... sad. :(

Off topic: Kareem, if you are reading this, I am also very appreciative of the other wood you gave me, sorry for asking and for the way I acted. You are still in my heart.

Mousse de Chene

True Ouddict
Ramadan Oudh - Cambodi

View attachment 35301

On 14 V and has been going for more than 2 hours, the office smells amazing, right now I am at the dark cherry 🍒 notes, unbelievable how beautiful this not so sexy pieces smell
Yesterday I received my batch of Ramadan Cambodi. An incredible wood for the price, the aroma is very lovely.
A rich incensey Oudiness, soft leather, dry fruits, cherry, a mouth watering coumarin-vanilla bottom note.

Wild Cambodi wood is hard to find these days, I’d recommend this one 100%.

-Renton-

True Ouddict
So, I put some of my A. Sinensis chips into a jar of scraped off soft masala from an Indian incense stick, the stick was by Shroff, and is called Suganda Mantri, it is made of sandalwood oils, floral obtained musk's and florals. I closed the jar and now its been about a month, maybe longer. So, I heated 2 chips, started with a temp of around 180c or so (maybe 150 but I think I stopped at 180c for a while before moving up again or just started at 180c, cant remember lol), then ended at 225c. The profile of the agarwood was completely different, the agarwood which has notes of sweetness anyway, was 10x sweeter, I had hardly any oudy notes at the start, but they were definitely present, woodiness and florals and musk was the primary starting notes. I then went to like 185c and there was a nice sandalwood note as well, creamy, buttery sandalwood mixed with the agarwood oudiness. Once I got to 200c, the agarwood came in as the burn was ending, it was a more semi-sweet, sour note, with a slight Sinensis oudiness with some woody notes of agarwood, and some fruity notes, those are always there with this wood, BUT, it was juicy this time... IDK why this is, but I think the sweetness has to do something with it and something added to the Soft Masala. I basically turned the agarwood into a simple... bakhoor? Is this correct? The agarwood notes that were there also had added notes to them, like florals and musk.

Lovely burn, strange, but lovely.

A. Sinensis and Indian Incense Masala Mixed.jpg

End:
image_2024-03-07_155612758.png

-Renton-

True Ouddict
You can tell a really good piece of agarwood by it's aroma and longevity only. Visually a piece can look amazing but only disappoint when heating. This Tawi Tawi piece has given me 3 sessions in 3 days and I'll get a 4th tomorrow.
Is this a reply to me? The A. Sinensis wood I posted wasn't me talking about how good it was, even though it is very good plantation wood. The end picture is the pic of the wood when it was done burning. Those 2 wee slices of home made simple bakhoor with the very nice plantation A. Sinensis (which I got for £100 for 100g) I just post pictures because I like to give people an image lol. This is what it looks like up close with a flash:
But anyway, yeah, a chip of this (under 0.1g) will last me around 60mins if I do hardcore heating, and around 2 hours if I do it gently.

Also longevity of the wood you're heating will also depend on the thickness, and weight of the piece.

Also, the first pic I posted was to show people the Indian Soft Masala mixed in the jar with the wood :D

Last edited:

-Renton-

True Ouddict
What is the weight of your Tawi Tawi, Filipino wood you are burning now? I burn tiny amounts, just enough to get aroma because I dont want to heat the same woods everyday, or be forced to. Also, the best way to gauge quality, IMO, is aroma. Same as oils, some oils have a long life but smell bad, and some oils last a small amount of time and smell GREAT.

The Scent Guru

Agarwhoreder
Staff member
What is the weight of your Tawi Tawi, Filipino wood you are burning now? I burn tiny amounts, just enough to get aroma because I dont want to heat the same woods everyday, or be forced to. Also, the best way to gauge quality, IMO, is aroma. Same as oils, some oils have a long life but smell bad, and some oils last a small amount of time and smell GREAT.
maybe .15-.2g