"Lightly falling cherry blossoms" of Tenkundo. Wanted to treat you guys to some pictures and aromatic imagination

Very special very old kyara. Even tho it is very early for my nose to be able to fully detect the notes within.... It is like walking into a library that has all windows and doors open and it is surrounded by a cherry blossom grove that is in full bloom. Light breeze brings the cherry blossoms through the windows grazing by your face while someone near by eating a fresh baked cherry blossom cake that is still steaming. There are very delicate notes of bitter spice and a bit sour on higher heat, not overly sweet but balanced. There is a special quality within that I have seen in "orchid luxury" of one of the four Ichiki Shimei tree which is the only tree ever found to have four different kyaras in it and divided by royalty. There are also notes from a couple other kyaras that I really love so this was an instant charmer for me.

The effects since i smelled it were overdose excitement where I am tired just having this kyara on my mind all day every minute since I got it...as if it doesnt let you think about anything else. Over all extremely delicate, medicinal and flowery gorgeousness.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    DSC_0214.webp
    165.8 KB · Views: 91
  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    DSC_0171.webp
    158 KB · Views: 75
  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    DSC_0233.webp
    123.3 KB · Views: 72
  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    15.webp
    208.3 KB · Views: 67
  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    5.webp
    242.4 KB · Views: 77
  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    6.webp
    260.8 KB · Views: 76
"Lightly falling cherry blossoms" of Tenkundo. Wanted to treat you guys to some pictures and aromatic imagination

Very special very old kyara. Even tho it is very early for my nose to be able to fully detect the notes within.... It is like walking into a library that has all windows and doors open and it is surrounded by a cherry blossom grove that is in full bloom. Light breeze brings the cherry blossoms through the windows grazing by your face while someone near by eating a fresh baked cherry blossom cake that is still steaming. There are very delicate notes of bitter spice and a bit sour on higher heat, not overly sweet but balanced. There is a special quality within that I have seen in "orchid luxury" of one of the four Ichiki Shimei tree which is the only tree ever found to have four different kyaras in it and divided by royalty. There are also notes from a couple other kyaras that I really love so this was an instant charmer for me.

The effects since i smelled it were overdose excitement where I am tired just having this kyara on my mind all day every minute since I got it...as if it doesnt let you think about anything else. Over all extremely delicate, medicinal and flowery gorgeousness.
That's beautiful!
 
ASO ck chip on the tealight burner at medium height above the flame. I have noticed that this batch has its own distinctive secondary scent layer, especially evident to me when entering a room that has been scented by this wood for a little time. It is an unusual (in my ck collection) fat mid register warm honey-like note that brings acacia greek monastery incense to mind. Nice stuff!
 
Currently heating Sinking Brunei from @YusaAromatics. Out of those 1g samples that he offered a little while ago, the sinking Brunei has been the most frustrating. A few times now I've put a chip on my ceramic and no matter how high in temps I go I get zero scent from it. This morning I went as far as 245 degrees which is the highest I've actually pushed this heater and then I started getting burnt notes so something is amiss here. I know it's wood and not kynam or ck so it will behave differently but it is sinking so it should be putting out something? Anyway, determined to get something out of this I thought to powder it up instead. I put in a nice little heap and started back on 80 degress. BOOM!!! Right off the bat this is nuts! Spicy, slightly citrus notes. As I slowly climbed to 140 I am getting a hot menthol and spiced honey mead notes. This is fullon! Who else has tried this one?
 
Currently heating Sinking Brunei from @YusaAromatics. Out of those 1g samples that he offered a little while ago, the sinking Brunei has been the most frustrating. A few times now I've put a chip on my ceramic and no matter how high in temps I go I get zero scent from it. This morning I went as far as 245 degrees which is the highest I've actually pushed this heater and then I started getting burnt notes so something is amiss here. I know it's wood and not kynam or ck so it will behave differently but it is sinking so it should be putting out something? Anyway, determined to get something out of this I thought to powder it up instead. I put in a nice little heap and started back on 80 degress. BOOM!!! Right off the bat this is nuts! Spicy, slightly citrus notes. As I slowly climbed to 140 I am getting a hot menthol and spiced honey mead notes. This is fullon! Who else has tried this one?
i been saying this for years. powdered wood always is much heat sensitive and the best way to take advantage of all notes from lowest temps.
 
(Off white/light brown shavings) Manaka/Managa from brother kos that I got back in May.

Definitely Malaysian profile here but even richer than even the Wild West Malaysian wood from Kangiiten and that wood is full of resin AND oil, so IDK why its so much more rich, probably because it was from a rikkokugomi wood.

Notes: Thick vanilla cream, resinous (believe it or not it is quite resinous even though there is no black pieces), very sweet, sweet red fruits and slightly purple berries, sweet and sour cherry notes, then sweet with a hint of sour in the normal fruity notes, (sweet and sour) fruity thick, sweet, cola syrup, a little milky, and these shavings scream elegance in its woody note. And a lovely spiciness too.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that it had some airy notes carrying with it some of the major notes, with an ocean-breeze like note and perhaps a tiny bit of saltiness from the subtle oceanic notes. The wood is yet to be finished.


Lovely 30 - 60min or so session.

Temperature (unlike the picture where it was at 85c, that was just when I first put the wood on) was at 160c and was singing, and played with it going up to 180c and back down again lol. Love experimenting with temps, that's why I can't wait to get enough woods and stuff so that I can finally get the heater @language scent has. I do have a really nice Kinam heater but it is stuck on determined temperatures, from, 60/80/100/120/140/160/180/200/220c. I wanna really experiment with heat by being able to increase and decrease by just 1-2c at a time, like having a kyara or aloeswood at around 128 or 93, 90, 98 or 105 etc. But I am content with these two heaters for now.

1727016591491.jpeg
 
also, spread the powder evenly on the heating surface as much as possible instead of creating a little mountain of powder. i put the powder in a parchment paper and slowly sprinkle it on the heating surface
Yeah I do this as well for a lot of wood. I use a knife or a pair of scissors to cut off powdery bits of wood. Makes the wood last a lot longer and seems to really facilitate the heating process as well.
 
(Off white/light brown shavings) Manaka/Managa from brother kos that I got back in May.

Definitely Malaysian profile here but even richer than even the Wild West Malaysian wood from Kangiiten and that wood is full of resin AND oil, so IDK why its so much more rich, probably because it was from a rikkokugomi wood.

Notes: Thick vanilla cream, resinous (believe it or not it is quite resinous even though there is no black pieces), very sweet, sweet red fruits and slightly purple berries, sweet and sour cherry notes, then sweet with a hint of sour in the normal fruity notes, (sweet and sour) fruity thick, sweet, cola syrup, a little milky, and these shavings scream elegance in its woody note. And a lovely spiciness too.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that it had some airy notes carrying with it some of the major notes, with an ocean-breeze like note and perhaps a tiny bit of saltiness from the subtle oceanic notes. The wood is yet to be finished.


Lovely 30 - 60min or so session.

Temperature (unlike the picture where it was at 85c, that was just when I first put the wood on) was at 160c and was singing, and played with it going up to 180c and back down again lol. Love experimenting with temps, that's why I can't wait to get enough woods and stuff so that I can finally get the heater @language scent has. I do have a really nice Kinam heater but it is stuck on determined temperatures, from, 60/80/100/120/140/160/180/200/220c. I wanna really experiment with heat by being able to increase and decrease by just 1-2c at a time, like having a kyara or aloeswood at around 128 or 93, 90, 98 or 105 etc. But I am content with these two heaters for now.

View attachment 40831
because i dont play around with profit wood. i only buy from serious collector in japan and from vip incense house of yamadamatsu. kangi buys good wood to sell for profit. sure once in a while they throw some fire to the mix i know. its a tactic i see from many sellers in the past. they get you hooked with one wood and you keep buying hoping the next will be fire as well....but no.
 
because i dont play around with profit wood. i only buy from serious collector in japan and from vip incense house of yamadamatsu. kangi buys good wood to sell for profit. sure once in a while they throw some fire to the mix i know. its a tactic i see from many sellers in the past. they get you hooked with one wood and you keep buying hoping the next will be fire as well....but no.
True statement. Lol.
 
because i dont play around with profit wood. i only buy from serious collector in japan and from vip incense house of yamadamatsu. kangi buys good wood to sell for profit. sure once in a while they throw some fire to the mix i know. its a tactic i see from many sellers in the past. they get you hooked with one wood and you keep buying hoping the next will be fire as well....but no.
Not wrong 🙂
 
Not wrong 🙂
sadly but the woods being sold are still enjoyable for sure. i remember when i thought the worst wood was high grade lmao. its not possible for people to know if they dont experience firsthand. once you taste it there is no turning back. a few people still do heat charcoal wood a lot which i can understand its a thing thats been going on. i just protect my nose from everything, i dont trust easily when it comes to the door of the brain. could be some chemicals on wood damage the nose powers and of course health also. very much so. i get sent a lot of "gifts" from chinese and others i just never even heat them. i been talking a lot about the practices of the greedy sellers in all countries so i wouldnt be surprised if some of them trying to damage my nose with some chemicals lol im paranoid for all the good reasons!
 
Tenkundo Special Selection Rikkokugomi Kyara
Stellar fragrance, Bitterness, Sweetness, Spiciness, Saltiness and Sourness comes in great balance, its so special
Also its one of pieces you feel it hit you in the chest.
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day


Tenkundo White skinned green oil, its sold as white in other places China, Taiwan, HK, Viet etc
This one have great fragrance too in room temperature, cooling/flowers/milky
On heater its loud, subtle, medicinal, honey sweet, flowers, milky with intense cooling..it have the silent feeling when you listen to it and its one of pieces you feel like aroma coming through nose, eyes, ear etc
At 125 it give more numbing feelings and retain the notes greatly.
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
Back
Top