Got to get me some of that mesoud pursat! I don't take oudamberlove's recommendations lightly!
 
Basement fumigation day 2. Finally found my stash of hojari, so i am doing a heavy sacra burn today down here to follow up on yesterday's. Finally drying out a bit - not having to empty the dehumidifier as much now. This batch of sacra was from puresacra.com (same biz as pureoudh.com). It's quality frank it seems but when it arrived it smelled like it had been stored for a prolonged period in a small enclosed space with synthetic fragrances, because it stank like aftershave for about a month. I will not purchase from that source again because the same was true the previous batch I bought from them.

IMG_9653.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Green CK from Japan. My 2nd or 3rd favourite CK, 1st being @TheAgarwoodShop's Sinking purple (which smells more wild than cultivated).

160-180c sweet spots. Aroma starts at 80-100c and is acceptable at 120c.

Sweet creamy vanilla, some soft green mint, very spicy (hot), citrus fruits (orange, lemon and some lime), neroli blossom with the bitter acidic citrus orange note, bitter undertones, sour and slightly sweet red fruits, some subtle resin and some nice (non plain) woody notes, with forest herbal greenery notes that is similar (but different) to cannabis, but its just more of a natural herbal, greenery forest kinda note. Some thick spicy syrupy kinda note like maple syrup or honey but with spice.

All in all, nice 15 minutes (or something like that) session.

green ck slivers on heater from japan.jpg
 
Heating up a little bit of Mysore root wood chip from Al Hind. Beautiful toasty rich fuzzy smelling Sandalwood on the tea light burner - great smelling oil rich wood!

[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
Kangiiten Brunei K

Today’s piece had a little sourness and spice, together with the usual notes.
I'm on my 6th ten min session with my Brunei K piece. This one just keeps pumping it out. I'm find between 180 and 205c is where I get the most scent but while it's climbing from cold all the way through it goes through a range of mild powdery, flower, perfume notes then into sour cherry and menthol. Really quite a diverse wood.
 
Here are some pieces from the latest shipment.
View attachment 40568
View attachment 40569
I'm actually slow playing how much I love this stuff. I just reserved another 50g🙂 shhhh

Was cleaning out my agarwood back stock. I have new system of fabric envelopes. In this process I'm going thru my collection. I pulled out some Jing Vietnamese bead stock, Jing sandalwood, EO lock down curls .. all serviceable until the agarwood gold of Mesoud's Pursat just has that sublime treat X factor.
 
Last edited:
A very choice piece from a large mixed batch of Viet ant.
Going through the batch, this piece I separated from the rest. Doesnt look that different, but has one of the strongest and clearest purple hue ive had the pleasure of tasting. It fills the room from the smallest shaving. Delicious and consuming, I'll be savoring it 💜
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
Back
Top