Habzoud - Sinking Sri Lankan
I got this specimen with an order as a gift & WoW
This is amazing wood.
60-80°c: It has beautiful ethereal, floral, slightly tropical and in general hard to pinpoint mix of aromas. It just pierces your nose straight to the brain 🧠
120-140°c: It smells like a different wood. Flowers and ethereal scent dials down & amazing cocao, toasted fresh bread and tropical scents emerge. Just a treat for the nose and I didnt even continue going more up with the heat because I am just enjoying it for days around these temps 😋😋
17259932774673542009891645415056.jpg
 
Vietnamese heartwood from brother kosmas - lovely wood.

Sweet, elegant woodiness, resinous, very, very sweet with slight sour red fruits (berries, strawberry, strawberry and red watermelon juice), semi-sweet greenery with rose florals, milky, and kind of musky with floral/greenery/fruitiness.

Even scented my computer space really hard with those strong strawberry notes and I didnt even use my kinam heater, used the kangiiten UFO heater.

viet heartwood.jpeg
vietnam heartwood on heat.jpeg
 
Last edited:
A tiny piece that I guess to be Fili. Many months ago, I pre-cut a load of different wood and piled them up on my cutting board so that I can just do a random pick 'n mix - but it means it's a blind burn. Guessing Fili though due to the look & thickness and also smell

This piece is tiny and probably 0.1g or less in weight (didn't weigh it for some reason).
I've had this burning since mid last week, 20 minutes a day in the mornings and had it going on for a while over the weekend. Probably 8hrs of burning in total and it's -still- putting out scent in the morning.
Crazy to think that I have I probably have over 500g of wood, I mean ...that's a lifetime's worth surely?

[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
Fuji Smoke - Kyara.

Heater is a bit dirty. I just clean it every now and then with an antibacterial swipe and then swipe it again a couple times with a piece of toilet paper.

Lovely fresh, sweet and spicy cinnamon notes, thick vanilla cream, honeyed florals (florals I got was lavender and jasmine), freshly washed linen, in a breeze of wind, slightly minty at the end of the deep inhales, and milky lactonic notes. Colours yellow/red/and maybe purple.
View attachment 40401
2x 5 min sessions in the space of an hour or so at 120-140c. 100c was giving nice notes but was a little quiet, I could (almost) bet that if I stayed at 100-120c it would have gotten louder, but maybe not. Right now I am not going above 140c for a good few days, then 160c for as long as I can then 180c for a while... then to kill it 200 then 220c (this kyara should last me around 3-7 days if I was heating it every day), then on coal to finish it off.
in the past 2 months i have seen you write the words "fuji smoke" at least 1,472 times. fuji smoke this, fuji smoke that....you need to get a tattoo of fuji smoke on your chest man.
 
in the past 2 months i have seen you write the words "fuji smoke" at least 1,472 times. fuji smoke this, fuji smoke that....you need to get a tattoo of fuji smoke on your chest man.
LOL!!! That is true, but you gotta admit bro, Fuji smoke is a nice kyara. And I am waiting till I can buy my second (but same exact one I have now) heater so that I can put the Treasure of Japan on a fresh heater, because that Kyara deserves it, but I after this fuji smoke is done I will do 1 session with the treasure of japan you gave me, but the rest of that kyara will be for the fresh heater, since I have noticed that when you put agarwood shavings on kinam heaters little pieces of dust/powder/tiny specs get stuck, idk if that affects the aroma of other woods you eventually put onto the heater or not, so I am a little concerned 'bout that.
 
Yesterday a bit of malinau I got from Wardlab. Rich and minty, cocoa and mushroomy... unbelievably nice long lasting bittersweet tail that kept kicking as long as i kept the candle lit.

Tonight i am heating some Bao Tou Hainan sinensis, but not the recent batch from kangiiten- this one comes from wardlab as well. Taking a bit of heat to get this fuming, having trouble finding the sweet spot. This seems less oily than ck, and is more of a hot type sinensis than a sweet type if that makes sense. I recall Baieido described some of their vietnamese oud as "hot" and some as "sweet" and wonder if my experience here is related. Plenty of sweet vanillin and confectionery notes in the second stage of this wood but it felt somehow dry in the opening.


[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
Back
Top