[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
Burning some of this old heartwood. I believe it is sinensis. Has some notes associate with both sinensis and crassna. It has a strong smell at room temp, and it has a bit of muskiness/funk and that funk reminds me of sinensis co2 oils. This is a thick black bubbling wood on a coal or subitism, aroma is very much like heavy thick honey, i kind of feel it in the throat. A peppery spicy scintillating wood scent grows over time and it fades into a long spicy vanilla dry down.
 
Agarwood from Shoyeido.

I got this as a gift from a friend with no detail. I guess it's Malaka because it has medicial, slightly bitter, licorice-like sweetness.

As you can see from the photo, the plastic zip bag it came with did not contain any broken pieces or dust, indicating great care in the selection of pieces going into the each bag.

The pieces are meticulously cut, weighing about 0.01g a silver which is appoximately 2mm in width, and 5mm in height. each piece is well resinated without a single dull piece.

The scent is tamed and subtlely nuanced.

It's a nice, quality material.

[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day

[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day

[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day


Today is the kind of the day that I want a big agarwood hit.
I tossed the last remaining piece of 2022 Mokokchung, Nagalad that I got from @RisingPhoenix on a charcoal.

as you can see from the picture, it oozes out quite a lot of sweet agarwood sweat. it gives off a nice nougat scent and many other mouth-watering nuances.

good good piece. 😋 I'll miss this one.
 
Agarwood from Shoyeido.

I got this as a gift from a friend with no detail. I guess it's Malaka because it has medicial, slightly bitter, licorice-like sweetness.

As you can see from the photo, the plastic zip bag it came with did not contain any broken pieces or dust, indicating great care in the selection of pieces going into the each bag.

The pieces are meticulously cut, weighing about 0.01g a silver which is appoximately 2mm in width, and 5mm in height. each piece is well resinated without a single dull piece.

The scent is tamed and subtlely nuanced.

It's a nice, quality material.

View attachment 41098
View attachment 41099
View attachment 41100
I struggle to pinpoint the region of these tiny cuts, any guess??
They take higher heat well too IMO, leaving plenty resin notes in the air.
 
Green kynam shavings from TAS, nice aroma and effects, especially for the price. I find this kind of cultivated kynam from Vietnam to be exponentially more enjoyable than the stuff from China.
Interesting observation.
 
aaah so in love again today. heating "yoshimitsu" kyara. oh the florals, so elegant so intoxicating and so so addicting!! everytime i heat this kyara it grows stronger and stronger and more complex! this is the epitome of what kyara/kinam means!!! so complex it will numb your nose and not let you smell all its treasures, but in time teaches your nose all its aromatic naunces. it is like going to train with the most advanced brazilian juijitsu specialist, he will not go all out on you and slowly show you and wake your mind to more moves and understandings and then eventually you learn more and you can train on a much more complex level! this kyara is top 5! such a special place in the heart!

the effects felt in the head and in the soul so relaxing but at the same time uplifting. very spiritual kyara
 
aaah so in love again today. heating "yoshimitsu" kyara. oh the florals, so elegant so intoxicating and so so addicting!! everytime i heat this kyara it grows stronger and stronger and more complex! this is the epitome of what kyara/kinam means!!! so complex it will numb your nose and not let you smell all its treasures, but in time teaches your nose all its aromatic naunces. it is like going to train with the most advanced brazilian juijitsu specialist, he will not go all out on you and slowly show you and wake your mind to more moves and understandings and then eventually you learn more and you can train on a much more complex level! this kyara is top 5! such a special place in the heart!

the effects felt in the head and in the soul so relaxing but at the same time uplifting. very spiritual kyara
can't thank you enough for recommending it to me brother 💐
it is a true gem!
every time I heat some I discover new thing.
 
Red Soil Kyara from brother Kosmas. 140-160c. Mainly at 140c.

Sweet powdery notes with florals, sweet with slight bitter undertones, and spicy tropical fruits then sweet/sour/bitter greenery with citrus fruits, sweet with some bitter wet forest greenery, neroli type floral notes, then dark chocolate semi sweet and caramel, slight mintiness, and honey notes... still PLENTY of life at 140c and far away from 200c...

lets see over the days what comes out of this. Although, I will only makes 2 or 3 posts of the same kyara, unless I discover a new note in the ones I already mention, and I will only mention those new notes only.
 
Last edited:
Old Mysore chips from baieido - bought these around 2002 or so. Sprinkled some on the subitism - just absolutely outstanding - I am stunned. incredibly rich wood. I've been burning some more general purpose sandalwood and I forgot how wonderful this stuff was. So multi layered, encompasses so many notes I have smelled here and there in various album oils and woods.
 
woke up today salivating for a new hainan i got recently. extremely unique wood. has a cotton candy like sweet haziness on the kinam heater, acidic and spicy herbal flowers. after that i desperately needed some fusen from a recent purchase and i started it on the kinam heater got the intricate notes in of the creamy sweet lush viet profile...so medicinal...threw it on the stove and the room filled with majestic spiced herbal cooling fruity creamy as ever milky as ever madness...LOL this is a crazy crazy fusen the creamy milky sweetness of it is beyond addicting. i am left feeling happy, extremely excited, grateful, uplifted with mental energy and going to go back to sleep now for a couple hours.
 
Merauke AQ - The Oud Lab. I hate cutting into these beautiful shiny chocolate brown chunks, they’re beautiful to look at, but alas they smell even better when heated, such is life!
Green, salty, earthy very floral with a delicious sweet vanilla-leather-suede bottom note as the scent progresses on the sub.
 
Back
Top