Old Mysore chips from baieido - bought these around 2002 or so. Sprinkled some on the subitism - just absolutely outstanding - I am stunned. incredibly rich wood. I've been burning some more general purpose sandalwood and I forgot how wonderful this stuff was. So multi layered, encompasses so many notes I have smelled here and there in various album oils and woods.
Sounds like a stunning experience, Mr P. I’ve been heating a lot of Sandalwood in the past few months, probably more so than Oud. The Shoyeido squares are the best example of Mysore I have in my collection currently. Such beautiful powdery white floral notes you only find in high grades of Mysore.

I’ve also been heating Kangiiten’s Vintage Tongan Sandalwood roots recently, a great bang for buck. Less citrusy & vibrant than Mysore wood, but plenty of gourmand lactonic notes. Highly recommended.
 
Sounds like a stunning experience, Mr P. I’ve been heating a lot of Sandalwood in the past few months, probably more so than Oud. The Shoyeido squares are the best example of Mysore I have in my collection currently. Such beautiful powdery white floral notes you only find in high grades of Mysore.

I’ve also been heating Kangiiten’s Vintage Tongan Sandalwood roots recently, a great bang for buck. Less citrusy & vibrant than Mysore wood, but plenty of gourmand lactonic notes. Highly recommended.
The shoyeido square cuts are also excellent wood. I have a packet of those but I've only checked them out a couple of times. There really is nothing better than good sandalwood on an subitism.
 
"forrest scriptures" green kyara. such a soul stirring kyara! sweet flowers with a shimmering spice that is completely balanced with bitter/sour/acid/salt creates a gorgeous unique sweetness in one of the most pleasant aromatics i have. effects are soaring relaxation and mind numbing effects that aren't too dominating unless i abuse it lol easy thing to do. as i write this i can feel the mind numbing creeping up more and more...i need to meditate myself back to sleep i still did not get the sleep i needed today cause i am waiting on some very special packages of kyaras and woods from my favorite source and from the casino of japan (dont ask me what this is please) lol cheers to all! beautiful day!
 
White Todai-ji Kyara from the one and only, brother Kosmas!!!

15min session

When I got it yesterday I didnt really see much from it, but I wasnt concentrated enough, but today my nose can pick up the scent stronger, it isn't super complex IMO, but the more sessions I get out of the 0.14g piece, I will probably realise it may be complex? Who knows @language scent.

140c - Beautiful, sweet powdery white vanillic creaminess with a hint of musk, absolutely amazing white, creamy florals, butter note that was very similar to sandalwood but more elegant and refined, milky, caramel and sweet chocolate, honey, and honey and chocolate over the florals and over the vanillic ice cream-type notes at the end, final note before putting it away was a subtle fruit note.

Cant wait to explore this wood more.

BTW: To @language scent saying my heater is shit (which it isnt) because I was at 140c, I was at 140c majority of the time with it yesterday too lol, it does have aromas at 60-80c and explosive at 100-120c. I just never stayed at those temps long enough.

Thank you @language scent from the bottom of my heart, I appreciate you and, trust me, I am a huge appreciator of the woods!!!

 
Last edited:
White Todai-ji Kyara from the one and only, brother Kosmas!!!

15min session

When I got it yesterday I didnt really see much from it, but I wasnt concentrated enough, but today my nose can pick up the scent stronger, it isn't super complex IMO, but the more sessions I get out of the 0.14g piece, I will probably realise it may be complex? Who knows @language scent.

140c - Beautiful, sweet powdery white vanillic creaminess with a hint of musk, absolutely amazing white, creamy florals, butter note that was very similar to sandalwood but more elegant and refined, milky, caramel and sweet chocolate, honey, and honey and chocolate over the florals and over the vanillic ice cream-type notes at the end, final note before putting it away was a subtle fruit note.

Cant wait to explore this wood more.

Thank you @language scent from the bottom of my heart, I appreciate you and, trust me, I am a huge appreciator of the woods!!!

your heater is shit man throw it away. 60-90 is extremely strong tropical sweet and salty notes. almost smells like that bananaboat sun tan oil from way back in the 1990's lol 95-120 there is absolutely zero of the notes that were screaming at 60-90. 125-150 the beauty starts to shine and focus in more and more on the gorgeous balance of the flowers fruit herbs and all tastes, there is this pristine note flashing in there that is so unique to all kyaras. as the heat goes up so does the strength and vibrancy of the notes with this specific kyara..it becomes more and more alive. also, i am not sure it is a white kyara, i believe it is a green but the pinnacle of greens. it is a combination of i say 6-8 notes and each is complex on its own but it is so balanced out that its hard to divide them individually. thats why it is the most balanced known kyara in japan
 
your heater is shit man throw it away. 60-90 is extremely strong tropical sweet and salty notes. almost smells like that bananaboat sun tan oil from way back in the 1990's lol 95-120 there is absolutely zero of the notes that were screaming at 60-90. 125-150 the beauty starts to shine and focus in more and more on the gorgeous balance of the flowers fruit herbs and all tastes, there is this pristine note flashing in there that is so unique to all kyaras. as the heat goes up so does the strength and vibrancy of the notes with this specific kyara..it becomes more and more alive. also, i am not sure it is a white kyara, i believe it is a green but the pinnacle of greens. it is a combination of i say 6-8 notes and each is complex on its own but it is so balanced out that its hard to divide them individually. thats why it is the most balanced known kyara in japan
My heater isnt shit bro, @Obada as the same one and he thinks its good also lol. As I said before, its not the heater, I can smell it at 60-80-100c but, as I said, I am still learning about Kyara so when you said last night that as long as there is aroma then just focus on the notes no matter how strong or weak.
 
My heater isnt shit bro, @Obada as the same one and he thinks its good also lol. As I said before, its not the heater, I can smell it at 60-80-100c but, as I said, I am still learning about Kyara so when you said last night that as long as there is aroma then just focus on the notes no matter how strong or weak.
maaan FUCK YOUR HEATER and FUCK @Obada HEATER ALSO! ONLY MY HEATER IS GOOD.
 
your heater is shit man throw it away. 60-90 is extremely strong tropical sweet and salty notes. almost smells like that bananaboat sun tan oil from way back in the 1990's lol 95-120 there is absolutely zero of the notes that were screaming at 60-90. 125-150 the beauty starts to shine and focus in more and more on the gorgeous balance of the flowers fruit herbs and all tastes, there is this pristine note flashing in there that is so unique to all kyaras. as the heat goes up so does the strength and vibrancy of the notes with this specific kyara..it becomes more and more alive. also, i am not sure it is a white kyara, i believe it is a green but the pinnacle of greens. it is a combination of i say 6-8 notes and each is complex on its own but it is so balanced out that its hard to divide them individually. thats why it is the most balanced known kyara in japan
I dont think it is a green kyara. It HAS to be white, it shares more similarities with white than green IMO. Like, I dont even get any minty notes, yet anyway and the whiteness is clear as day, IMO anyway. Like with Fuji Smoke the two are quite similar in terms of colour.
 
nah man its green. who told you green is always minty?
Just always thought it was. Either way, it does feel very (and smell) white IMO anyway. That's the thing though, kynam can be defined as a colour but have other colour subtleties to it, correct? What if its white and it has some green through it? Maybe I will come back in a couple of days and go, "THIS IS 100% GREEN BUT KINDA WHITE TOO", who knows.

Because it was you that first told me that it was white btw.
 
Just always thought it was. Either way, it does feel very (and smell) white IMO anyway. That's the thing though, kynam can be defined as a colour but have other colour subtleties to it, correct? What if its white and it has some green through it? Maybe I will come back in a couple of days and go, "THIS IS 100% GREEN BUT KINDA WHITE TOO", who knows.

Because it was you that first told me that it was white btw.
come back in a year and you will see it clear its green. if its not green then its black. but very rare black. i feel its green but i have some blacks that are such elegance and smell green
 
So I was heating a kyara earlier along with a bunch of others and agarwoods and 5 hours later away from the heater as I was sitting strong warm aroma of one of the kyaras hit my nasal cavity as if there was a heater there heating it: crazy crazy stuff. For 2 seconds I could smell it strongly and it made me feel madly in love with it. It was such a confusing thing it actually froze my mind because it was so strong and not realistic at all how it could be possible. But it is, phantom kyara
 
Back
Top