as we've all gone around and over many times - it's the end user experience and not the label or classification which is the importance.

if ya'll wanna debate or disagree that this wood is not kyara - that is fine by me, it makes 0.00% difference regardless.

if there's a bigger issue, then take it up with Hina since she is the one who labeled it as such and I, the consumer, and am just using the label for the product that she sold me.

when I smell it, It does not smell like Brunei wood. if I was given a blind sample, I would guess some kind of kyara-esque from a region that I could not name.

but at the end of the day, you're the kyara expert here and have seen and tried more kyara than I can count, so I'll defer to and agree with whatever assessment you feel inclined to make 🙂
i am just trying to keep people from being fooled about these things not saying you are doing it intentionally. but clueless vendors will label things and sell agarwood as kinam its just sad but regardless agarwood is amazing wood, doesnt mean that if its not kyara that its no good lmao

there are brunei that smell more elegant and they are the ones being called kinam but they are not in any case. as you have heard me say before, many agarwoods blow away many kinams, its just a matter of truth, i mean i got banned for 5days because i stressed that some sandalwoods are dark in color lmao i have to be real.

also i forgot to answer earlier, i have not smelled that wood no. i believe in japan the high grade brunei is labelled shin kyara by many even if it is wrong by many more serious masters so its nothing new.

lol yea i will now start giving a crap and contact hina. lol brb i will let you all know what she said,
 
i am just trying to keep people from being fooled about these things not saying you are doing it intentionally. but clueless vendors will label things and sell agarwood as kinam its just sad but regardless agarwood is amazing wood, doesnt mean that if its not kyara that its no good lmao

there are brunei that smell more elegant and they are the ones being called kinam but they are not in any case. as you have heard me say before, many agarwoods blow away many kinams, its just a matter of truth, i mean i got banned for 5days because i stressed that some sandalwoods are dark in color lmao i have to be real.

also i forgot to answer earlier, i have not smelled that wood no. i believe in japan the high grade brunei is labelled shin kyara by many even if it is wrong by many more serious masters so its nothing new.

lol yea i will now start giving a crap and contact hina. lol brb i will let you all know what she said,
I hear ya and my eyes are open lol. I did not buy this thinking I was going to having a mind blowing $2500 a gram top tier kyara experience.

id say for $150 a gram, and the black kyara label, I can see it and believe it. like I said, the profile is certainly kynamic does not smell like Brunei wood at all, either way, im happy w the purchase and id recommend it for those who wanna dip their toes in those waters without necessarily dropping big money.
 
id say for $150 a gram, and the black kyara label, I can see it and believe it. like I said, the profile is certainly kynamic does not smell like Brunei wood at all, either way, im happy w the purchase and id recommend it for those who wanna dip their toes in those waters without necessarily dropping big money.
that sounds good and helpful of you. now im curious for that price lmao but send me an inbox your mailbox details i want to send you some samples that i have been wanting to send you. i am curious to see how you will think after these
 
Today's session:

- Tocbong from PJ:

very soothing and calming, dizzy in a good way, sweet and better, very special wood.

- Purple Kyara thanks to brother @language scent:
metallic and purple, flowery with creamy vanilla. nice depth.

- "Thousand year nose" thanks to kos again:
one of the best agarwood I've tried. old pursat pieces, bitter medicinal and honey with yellow florals, smells similar to yellow kyara.

at the end, I mix all in one heater, tl;dr I shouldn't done this, the notes didn't rhyme together, bad move by me lol.
 
Last edited:
Today's session:

- Tocbong from PJ:

very soothing and calming, dizzy in a good way, sweet and better, very special wood.

- Purple Kyara thanks to brother @language scent:
metallic and purple, flowery with creamy vanilla. nice depth.

- "Thousand year nose" thanks to kos again:
one of the best agarwood I've tried. old pursat pieces, bitter medicinal and honey with yellow florals, smells similar to yellow kyara.

at the end, I mix all in one heater, tl;dr I shouldn't done this, the notes did rhyme together, bad move by me lol.
Metalic does now all the sudden sound like a additional note I am addding to my library for this purple! Where I saw very dry bitter and wet florals but metalic does make sense, like a very bright silver metal. Did you notice a kind of lime haze also very hard to see but it trickles between the sweetness of the bitterness
 
Metalic does now all the sudden sound like a additional note I am addding to my library for this purple! Where I saw very dry bitter and wet florals but metalic does make sense, like a very bright silver metal. Did you notice a kind of lime haze also very hard to see but it trickles between the sweetness of the bitterness
yeah, this is the metallic note I mean.
no lime haze for me from the past session, I'll try to dig more next time.
 
A sunny Spring morning in Melbourne; blue skies, birds singing, looking out my window I’m comforted by the growth of the trees/plants & flowers flourishing from the rain over the previous months, however the seasons are changing & soon the summer heat will be upon us. There’s a stark contrast between winter & summer here in Melbourne, the natural landscape that once was very lush & verdant, will inevitably become dry & arid. There’s a certain sadness that comes with summer, however the energy of the city is alive & during our summer months the positivity of the people is palpable. I’m anticipating it immensely!

Today I’m heating Nusa by Al Shareef Oudh, it has to be one of my favourite woods & it’s the perfect example of not judging a book by its cover. Although beautiful like any wood, the appearance does not give one the confidence the aroma will be anything special, but my word it’s glorious!

On the sub the initial top note is a cold oceanic blue / green of Indonesian Gyrinops, the terroir has had a strong effect on this wood (the oil of the same wood highlights this facet even more). Soon enough the scent progresses revealing a tropical humid character, a vivid rose note & fresh fruits. At a certain point the vibrancy shifts & the profile becomes dark evolving into a deeply Oudy resinous aroma. Incense, suede, dates / plums, a vanillic Agarwood sweetness.
A heavenly experience!
 
Last edited:
Sandalwood chips from Al Hind next to CK wood from Mesoud on my subitism... the sandalwood is super rich and dominating at the moment, the CK is there adding its magic though and will be going for a loooong time at this temp. 😍

[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
Sandalwood chips from Al Hind next to CK wood from Mesoud on my subitism... the sandalwood is super rich and dominating at the moment, the CK is there adding its magic though and will be going for a loooong time at this temp. 😍

View attachment 41316
This is a new heater i think
Your old one was also very nice
 
This is a new heater i think
Your old one was also very nice
Thank you. This is actually the original… Just a big heat sink so I can leave it on all the time. I'm thinking of maybe making a couple at some point to put in the shop but that's a whole other project.

The heating element is an old one and is a little messed up, I designed this so that I could switch out elements with very little effort to try out different patterns and wire types. This one was whipped out quickly and I didn't really measure it carefully so it's a sloppy fit.
 
Last edited:
This is actually the original… Just a big heat sink so I can leave it on all the time. I'm thinking of maybe making a couple at some point to put in the shop but that's a whole other project.
You should definitely do it
I built mine in a brick.
Such heaters should not be made of wood etc.
The one I saw in you was made in a carved stone, I think you should make such designs and I am sure it will be very popular.
 
Yamada Matsu AA aloeswood powder purchased in late 2001. Smells like a mix of Indonesian woods - some hints of minty chocolatey malinau, but also more ordinary musky / labdanum type indo oud as well. That labdanum note is not exactly "clean" smelling and makes me think I need to burn this at hotter temps or combust it as a stick or powder trail

[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
Bit of a combo going today on the tea light heater. Massive CK chunk from Sulaym sitting next to a smaller CK piece from Al Shareef. A sprinkle of vintage Mysore chips from Yusa and now a nice piece of Phillipines from Kangiiten as well. That has really changed it up. To top this beautiful medley I'm currently decanting some of my favourite oils from bigger bottles into sample bottles in preparation for my OS trip. The tiny amounts of oil left in the pipettes I'm touching to the piece of CK in the heater so I'm getting blasts of Oud vapour on top. It's all making me a bit dizzy lol.
 
Back
Top