Bit of a combo going today on the tea light heater. Massive CK chunk from Sulaym sitting next to a smaller CK piece from Al Shareef. A sprinkle of vintage Mysore chips from Yusa and now a nice piece of Phillipines from Kangiiten as well. That has really changed it up. To top this beautiful medley I'm currently decanting some of my favourite oils from bigger bottles into sample bottles in preparation for my OS trip. The tiny amounts of oil left in the pipettes I'm touching to the piece of CK in the heater so I'm getting blasts of Oud vapour on top. It's all making me a bit dizzy lol.
Wow sounds amazing. Good times!

How do you rate the Kangiiten Filli? It is the same wood that’s still available now?
 
Wow sounds amazing. Good times!

How do you rate the Kangiiten Filli? It is the same wood that’s still available now?
I've only just received it so yes, it's the same that's currently available. I'll have to get back to you on the rating. I haven't sat with it properly just yet. It's a hard wood. I don't think it's particularly suitable for a kynam heater as it needs high temps and I'm not particularly proficient with coal and tend to scorch wood no matter what I do and I don't own a sub so that's why I threw this bit I have burnt unintentionally into the candle heater with the other stuff. It was noticeable however when I did, Made things quite spicy.
 
I've only just received it so yes, it's the same that's currently available. I'll have to get back to you on the rating. I haven't sat with it properly just yet. It's a hard wood. I don't think it's particularly suitable for a kynam heater as it needs high temps and I'm not particularly proficient with coal and tend to scorch wood no matter what I do and I don't own a sub so that's why I threw this bit I have burnt unintentionally into the candle heater with the other stuff. It was noticeable however when I did, Made things quite spicy.
I like me some spicy ouds! I have this one old really low grade "log type" pieces from YM and every time I put a little bit of that on the burner "quite spicy" is a good description of what comes to mind. It is not pretty - "BC" grade or some such - but is a real treat when the temp is at the sweet spot. I wish I had some higher quality nuggets of that category I wonder if it's from the same region? I have a modest collection of a variety of woods spanning some time and I haven't smelled this particular rich spicy note in my other samples!

Things are starting to click here because the other place I have smell that spicy note is in a recent sample of oil from @Habz786 called Alnami that in fact really struck me because of the spiciness on the dipstick. Alnami is badass to me FYI, but I will save that for another day
 
You should definitely do it
I built mine in a brick.
Such heaters should not be made of wood etc.
The one I saw in you was made in a carved stone, I think you should make such designs and I am sure it will be very popular.
Yes agreed. I would be hugely interested in cool stone. A joint with LanguageScent carving a marble classical Greek capital with short column and base, would be iconic. Ionic for me🙂
 
Filli Fu Sen - The Oud Lab.
I’ve been heating this beautiful soil Agarwood for several days now & it’s one of my favourites. On the sub at low heat it gives off a high grade Crassna impression, dare I say a kinamic Vietnamese profile. As the scent progresses, the caramel tobacco of vintage Cambodi wood & the purple floral tones of certain Malaysian batches. Resinous, fruity, deep red incense with a vivid caramel / vanilla / molasses quality.
Considering how this is priced, it’s an absolute steal & I’m surprised it hasn’t sold out by now. Honestly, I’m considering buying another 30g.
 
Dear Zahir, if this very trait you got noticed out of very limited burning wood experience, what would be the situation then if get into it whole heartedly.
Compared to the veterans on this forum, my experience is very very narrow. Unfortunately I suffer from the disease of buying more than I consume... there are so many things with me that I have never even heated once!
 
Yeah speaking of buying more than I consume, I have a surplus of sandalwood and have to start burning the stuff. Tonight I am once again blown away by these old Baieido granules - such a rich broad-spectrum Sandalwood scent with so many different nuances. Unbelievable stuff
 
I pretty much stop applying my oils & burning woods when I’ve used around half the amount I initially purchased. Unless it’s a product I’m unconvinced by, I don’t ever want to be without the scent profile for my future reference.
Nice to see you back in action brother.

I think it is a very important gate to have. I know some people they have more oudh and attars than some vendors, most of them they don't wear. There has to be a genuine desire to wear the oil before it is bought. Unfortunately I am starting to see more people in this space buying oils because it's a symbol of luxury. If I could word it this way, Unfortunately wearing a sultans left over oils doesn't make one a sultan.
 
yesterday i heated a green kyara that i had forgot about and didnt bother with much because it was a slightly faint aroma...yesterday i heated it and fell in love extremely. the aroma was more pronounced and clear, i realized much more in it, it stuck to my nose. was still a bit delicate and faint but such beautiful aroma it is such a rare aroma to see in kyara. today i fell in love again. this wood is legendary. i can only imagine the best piece from the whole chunk of kyara...

never settle for the first couple impressions when heating super complex woods. they need time to be realized especially when so many factors like nose of the day powers and also humidity. i can never stress this enough.
 
yesterday i heated a green kyara that i had forgot about and didnt bother with much because it was a slightly faint aroma...yesterday i heated it and fell in love extremely. the aroma was more pronounced and clear, i realized much more in it, it stuck to my nose. was still a bit delicate and faint but such beautiful aroma it is such a rare aroma to see in kyara. today i fell in love again. this wood is legendary. i can only imagine the best piece from the whole chunk of kyara...

never settle for the first couple impressions when heating super complex woods. they need time to be realized especially when so many factors like nose of the day powers and also humidity. i can never stress this enough.
You seem to fall in love everyday with wood my brother 🙂. Atleast woods will never leave you heartbroken.
 
20 y.o. Baieido sandalwood granules scratching sandalwood itches I forgot I had... a true "wonder of the world" as far as I am concerned. I also have just a few of the square cut Baieido tea ceremony pieces from that same time and they are a cut above the granules (according to my nose and confirmed by Baieido). I always hesitate to burn the stuff - it's probably been 10 Years so I think it's time to bust out a piece.
 
Back
Top