Sinking A. Hirta - Sumatora 160-180c on UFO (mini Kangiiten heater).

Pretty nice.

Resinous, animalic muskiness with a creamy vanillic notes, sour, very spicy and some sweetness, damp jungle greenery, sweet and sour purple fruits mixed with a subtle cola note.

I like those creamy vanillic notes in wood (you get this in some kyara's too), and the agarwood muskiness is something else... you also get it in some other woods I have from Vietnam, but not exactly the same, similar in some ways but different.

Also went from 160c to 180c with the Todai-ji Green today... 🤤🤤🤤.
 
Last edited:
Nice to see you back in action brother.

I think it is a very important gate to have. I know some people they have more oudh and attars than some vendors, most of them they don't wear. There has to be a genuine desire to wear the oil before it is bought. Unfortunately I am starting to see more people in this space buying oils because it's a symbol of luxury. If I could word it this way, Unfortunately wearing a sultans left over oils doesn't make one a sultan.
Dear brother, it’s good to be back!

The ‘save it for rainy day’ was my mentality for a while, but what am I waiting for? I should enjoy these things while I can, God willing…
The more oils & woods you buy, the more distracted you are from the masterpieces in your collection. These oils were crafted for pleasure, not to collect dust!

Although the entry fee for high quality oils & woods comes with a cost, I don’t see these aromatics as luxury material objects, they’re beautiful works of art.
 
Dear brother, it’s good to be back!

The ‘save it for rainy day’ was my mentality for a while, but what am I waiting for? I should enjoy these things while I can, God willing…
The more oils & woods you buy, the more distracted you are from the masterpieces in your collection. These oils were crafted for pleasure, not to collect dust!

Although the entry fee for high quality oils & woods comes with a cost, I don’t see these aromatics as luxury material objects, they’re beautiful works of art.
That sounds healthy. One of the things i am grappling with is shifting from the mentality of a collector to that of somebody making perfume for others. Those two are not exactly compatible ha ha.
 
Shoyeido 1g portable heater wood. I got this wood around year 2020 from a large incense supplier. It is mouth watering woods tasty woods im guessing Indo origins, but the smooth and sweet scent I have never encountered anywhere. Shoyeido knows how to choose a good one, no doubt....... the wood is very good looking, and has high performance with salivating notes all the way from low to high temps, also, it's affordable and accessible for all. They appear like granules of good resonated heartwood pieces
 
Outstanding Malaysian "Kinam" Wood harvested in 1995. It isn't Kinam it is just very, very good Vintage Malaysian wood, that kind of looks like Kinam, I believe it is soil wood. Playing around with the 0.35g today on the heater 50 mins and temps went from 100-200c lol just playing around.

50 min session on my kinam heater (cupping and wafting, I didnt start wafting until 180c, even though I was enjoying it, I realised it was agarwood and not kyara, were cupping is the best 99.99% of the time, so I placed it on my table and started wafting, wow, the waft from this wood is where you get the super sweet notes that I will mention. And cupping also gives you real psychoactivity with this wood, like Kinam, excited and happy when cupping, then when done relaxed and chilled).

Very minty, a little spicy mixed that hits your throat, forest greenery and herbal notes, oak moss and camphoric* notes, water and some oceanic-like forest lakes, old furniture type wood notes (classic for Malays, but this was more elegant than any Malay I have had), purple juicy fruits, purple florals, insanely sweet honeyed resin, sweet chocolate, breathtaking cola notes and sometimes mixed with the purple insanely juicy, sweet fruits making a purple fruit cola note.

This is some nice wood. It isn't Kyara @Nur Irfan but it is Monkoh grade, very nice vintage Malaysian. Thank you brother for letting me try this, this is THE best Malaysian aloeswood I have ever tried lol. Very hard to get stuff like this nowadays.

Malaysian Kinam 1995 Harvest.PNG


* = EDIT.
 
Last edited:
With my windows flung open, on a white ash coal ~ RISING PHOENIX ~ SIVASAGAR

Namti Sivasagar Kalakassi 2022 - Upper Assam Hindi Agarwood - India​

A rare gorgeous gaseous egg like oud-y incense chip, with a berry on top. Just 6 grams left. Feeling attached and sentimental trying to let go. Remembering it's transitory nature is what makes it a mandala. A shooting star.
 
Last edited:
Fuji Smoke. 30 min session then a couple super small minute sessions afterwards. Slowly went from 80 to 140c (120 to 160c and anywhere in between is my personal sweet spot).

Powderiness, soft, sweet thick vanilla cream, white florals, milkiness, golden honeyed resin and honey covered white florals, spiciness and a twang of mintiness that is a tad shy at times (you can feel this note increasing heart rate), sweet and slightly sour tropical fruits (mainly sweet), hints of a type of powdery "muskiness", sweet+acidic (astringent note) citrus fruits plus a possible neroli note with orange, plus the neroli, "orange blossom" kind of note but without the bitterness. So far main tastes are sweet, spicy, sour and some astringent.


EDIT: One thing I do need to practice with kyara and monkoh wood on heater is the breathing techniques.

EDIT 2: On lower heat I definitely detected some earthy notes too, with the same vanillic creaminess, less powderiness though (which I LOOOVE), some greenery and herbal notes too.
 
Back
Top