Vietnamese Rakoku from brother Kos.

Session was around 35-45 mins long and this was the second time heating this particular amount. I use this heater for MOST of my aloeswood, except I really ned to try the Vintage Wild Hainan on my Kinam heater when I want to because kos said it was amazing but it doesnt give much out put on the UFO heater. So, it might need more (accurate) heat.

BTW: After around 10-20 mins, I changed the heat from 160c to 180c on the UFO (Kangiiten Mini) heater. The highest it can go and thought I would be able to finish this tiny amount but NOPE, still got some life left in it at the red light or "180c", which the Kangiiten Mini Heater does NOT have accurate heating for some reason, I think anyway, even though they have the same heating element as a YouYuan because they worked with them to make it.

Vietnamese Rakoku .jpg


Red candy-sweet, dominantly sour cherry resinous aloeswood notes, some sweet berries here and there, creaminess, some hints of muskiness, semi sweet forest/jungle notes with subtle beautifully pleasing bitter greenery and herbal notes, very cooling with a very subtle dark mint, oceanic-like notes with oceanic breezes with ambergris type vibes, slowing coming out of the jungle you get greeted with this ultra sweet milky, creamy, vanillic chocolate, caramel, honey, and absolutely beautiful powdery florals doused in the chocolate, caramel and honey liquids.

image_2024-10-22_153257226.png


Very nice wood, very complex.
 
Last edited:
Perfect name I am guessing!
Indeed, perfect name and perfect aroma! also the poem comes with it amazing.

In the Godless Month
Drizzle falls upon
The leaves of Nara oak!
The palace bearing that name
Produced these ancient words!
Fun’ya no Arisue

I enjoy my woods differently as repeated, consecutive sessions allows me to understand the nuances better. Usually, I’ll heat the same wood for 3-4 days, I receive a much better understanding this way.
Yea i do the same, each wood varies on life span etc, finding sweet spot for each is challenging sometimes.
The piece of Kyara looks beautiful. It’s almost a shame to heat it something so visually attractive. I bet it smells better than it looks, however!
Indeed its, the aroma in vial is heavenly too!
Heating few of it lately but it seem i'll have to leave it for long and back to taste it in months to see more 😀
Baieido Tsukigase Vietnamese on the tea light burner. Not sure how old the stock is, but at least 12 years or so. I don't feel like I got the temperature right, it was still very pleasant but not real strong impressions this time. Nice bitter sweet scent, maybe a waft or two of florals. i'm going to try this again and see if I can tease out some associations.

View attachment 41479
Those looks impressive, pretty sure they harvested them long ago.
Regarding temperature and heating how you doing it? powder?shaving or small pieces?
I notice some pieces does better with certain cut "at least with my type of heating"
 
Indeed, perfect name and perfect aroma! also the poem comes with it amazing.

In the Godless Month
Drizzle falls upon
The leaves of Nara oak!
The palace bearing that name
Produced these ancient words!
Fun’ya no Arisue


Yea i do the same, each wood varies on life span etc, finding sweet spot for each is challenging sometimes.

Indeed its, the aroma in vial is heavenly too!
Heating few of it lately but it seem i'll have to leave it for long and back to taste it in months to see more 😀

Those looks impressive, pretty sure they harvested them long ago.
Regarding temperature and heating how you doing it? powder?shaving or small pieces?
I notice some pieces does better with certain cut "at least with my type of heating"
Akhi I think you need to try some of my private collection and write your beautiful poetry
 
Indeed, perfect name and perfect aroma! also the poem comes with it amazing.

In the Godless Month
Drizzle falls upon
The leaves of Nara oak!
The palace bearing that name
Produced these ancient words!
Fun’ya no Arisue


Yea i do the same, each wood varies on life span etc, finding sweet spot for each is challenging sometimes.

Indeed its, the aroma in vial is heavenly too!
Heating few of it lately but it seem i'll have to leave it for long and back to taste it in months to see more 😀

Those looks impressive, pretty sure they harvested them long ago.
Regarding temperature and heating how you doing it? powder?shaving or small pieces?
I notice some pieces does better with certain cut "at least with my type of heating"
I was not being especially careful in this case, heating small slivers on a tea light burner.
 
mesOUD - Maluku

Beautiful wood. The same wood Mehmet cooked to distill Anas. On the sub, the initial top note exhibits a vivid powdery irisy-violet facet. Ever so slightly oceanic & warm spicy, before a regal pitch black Gyrinops resin note emerges with a touch of Musk. I’ve had the same thumbnail size piece going for two days on very low heat & it keeps on giving.
 
Last edited:
Ouddilicous - Vietnamese Char on charcoal ~
uitwaaien - the revitalizing effect of taking a walk in the wind
Respectable affordable dark thick chips hard to snap with fingers. I feel a clown burning paper with the windows open especially. Struggle needing ventilation with my fumigation not tolerating a tomb no matter how lovely the fumes, trades needed. I question these pursuits wondering if this is all some angry passive aggressive pyre? Recognizing the ridiculous quantity of warmers, burners, heaters, and portables. 3 per room. 2 subitisms.. that don't really do the trick, they slide and fall off tables regularly, there weight distribution and ugly electric cord and brick just doesn't work right.
 
Last edited:
Ouddilicous - Vietnamese Char on charcoal ~

Respectable affordable dark thick chips hard to snap with fingers. I feel a clown burning paper with the windows open especially. Struggle needing ventilation with my fumigation not tolerating a tomb no matter how lovely the fumes, trades needed. I question these pursuits wondering if this is all some angry passive aggressive pyre? Recognizing the ridiculous quantity of warmers, burners, heaters, and portables. 3 per room. 2 subitisms.. that don't really do the trick, they slide and fall off tables regularly, there weight distribution and ugly electric cord and brick just doesn't work right.
Mate, I think we might need an intervention.
 
Red Soil Kyara from brother kosmas. around 22-25 mins session at 140c.

Beautiful candy-like sweet red cherry fruits with some sourness, other fruits, strong herbal green mintiness with a small spicy note, verdant green forest notes with semi-sweet wet soil earthiness, some very light, delicate florals, resinous, woody notes of the forest, oceanic notes, fresh fresh, fresh... then some caramel and chocolate at the end of the session.

Beautiful wood leaving me feeling happy 🙂.

[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
Back
Top