I have some wild wood that I use regularly. And any time I use that specific batch, it clears out my sinuses and yes, as gross as it sounds, brings up and loosens chest phlegm. Interesting medicinal use, I'll be sure to make use of it when I'm in my old age.
I know I read somewhere that sandalwood oil has similar properties, and opens up airways or something to that effect and is incorporated into some smoking rituals
 
I have some wild wood that I use regularly. And any time I use that specific batch, it clears out my sinuses and yes, as gross as it sounds, brings up and loosens chest phlegm. Interesting medicinal use, I'll be sure to make use of it when I'm in my old age.
which species is it ?
 
Today's Sessions:

- "Satsukiyama" Managa:

today I got a coconut note that is very loud and clear, I think this is most likely a Tarakan oud.

- Kogado Kyara:
very nice chocolaty milky kyara, not complex but still I enjoy it alot.

- Toc Bong:
this is to me like Mesoud Pursat to @Oudamberlove lol.

- Hong Kong Qinan:
kinamic no doubt. sweet and mind buzzz.

- "Young Grass" Kyara:
very nice bitter sweet kyara, a bit of orange note and vanilla.
 
IMG-20241029-WA0019.jpg


The Attar Store/Kymya - Brunei
Amazing! It started emitting beautiful aquatic and light floral nuances at 60° already. Got better and more intense with higher heat (80-120°) with a prominent orange and aquatic note. On even higher heat a clean resinous woody scent joined and the aquatic, orange and floral nuances dialed down
+ Saffron Vanilla Milk 😋
 
Last edited:
What a lovely idea. I will try that!
(Photo reminded me of absinthe sugar.)
I got the idea from a Narration by Abdullah Ibn Umar, he would burn dry oud wood (no additional fragrant resins or oils) on coals, and adds camphor with it, and said “this is how the prophet used to burn incense”
It’s in Sunan Al-Nisa’i https://sunnah.com/mishkat:4436

it’s very therapeutic and cleansing both for you and your place.
 
Today's Sessions:

- "Satsukiyama" Managa:

today I got a coconut note that is very loud and clear, I think this is most likely a Tarakan oud.

- Kogado Kyara:
very nice chocolaty milky kyara, not complex but still I enjoy it alot.

- Toc Bong:
this is to me like Mesoud Pursat to @Oudamberlove lol.

- Hong Kong Qinan:
kinamic no doubt. sweet and mind buzzz.

- "Young Grass" Kyara:
very nice bitter sweet kyara, a bit of orange note and vanilla.
Nice session 😀
View attachment 41694

The Attar Store/Kymya - Brunei
Amazing! It started emitting beautiful aquatic and light floral nuances at 60° already. Got better and more intense with higher heat (80-120°) with a prominent orange and aquatic note. On even higher heat a clean resinous woody scent joined and the aquatic, orange and floral nuances dialed down
+ Saffron Vanilla Milk 😋
Brunei wood is so awesome, ther special tier even more..i would say borneo island have lots of top stuff for my taste.
Monkoh grade from Nishi Honganji Temple
View attachment 41744View attachment 41745
Japanese Indonesian aesthetic on heat, spice and deep woods. And strong kyara-like at room temperature.
Those looks great and i bet smells even better.
 
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day

Today I received Kyara Zen’s - Sinking Sumatora Hirta. I haven’t even heated any yet, but I’m already in love. Simply the room temp aroma of this wood is beautiful. Kinamic, dark fruits, sweet Agarwood resin, Musk. The unmistakable aroma of high grade sinking wood, heavenly! I just need to heat some now 😂
 
Brunei wood is so awesome, ther special tier even more..i would say borneo island have lots of top stuff for my taste.
I love oud wood/oils that smell completely different than what one would expect oud to smell like (woody, leathery, resinous and dark)
All these floral, fruity, aquatic, ethereal top notes tingle my olfactory nerves and put me in a good mood 💆🏻‍♂️
 
View attachment 41763
Today I received Kyara Zen’s - Sinking Sumatora Hirta. I haven’t even heated any yet, but I’m already in love. Simply the room temp aroma of this wood is beautiful. Kinamic, dark fruits, sweet Agarwood resin, Musk. The unmistakable aroma of high grade sinking wood, heavenly! I just need to heat some now 😂
Oh baby! 🤤🤤
 
phlegm - interesting observation - can be used as an expectorant then
Yes, camphor is used in a lot of cold remedy medicines. Alongside menthol, and sometimes. Especially the African product called Roob, I believe, which I have a bottle of (gifted to me by a Nigerian friend), also has capsaicin in it, which if you put on your forehead even when you dont have a headache or colds or anything, literally feels like someone is giving you the best head massage in the world and smells strongly of camphor, menthol, and gives the massage feeling as well by adding in the capsaicin. It is absolutely wonderful because when you put a lot of it around the 2 temples on each side of the head and then rub it across the head, omg, the relaxation it gives you makes you feel relaxed but not tired, but instead just relaxed and chill. When you rub it all over your top of your head and temples it also gives you this fuzzy, warm, relaxing feeling and makes your head just so much more relaxed like a muscle relaxant, due to the Camphor mainly and Capsaicin.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top