After my morning prayer, a piece of Hindi(from my coming SOUL OF INDIA project) and a cup of tea on my primitive but functional diy subitisim
Every breath we take in peace is priceless
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
I'm in love so far, and the batch has only just arrived. I was lucky to get enough for a long time. Here's a small selection, good cleaning and cutting is nice to see - as is expected. I enjoy the japanese cut size and style a lot.
View attachment 41761
Yea they look great.
View attachment 41763
Today I received Kyara Zen’s - Sinking Sumatora Hirta. I haven’t even heated any yet, but I’m already in love. Simply the room temp aroma of this wood is beautiful. Kinamic, dark fruits, sweet Agarwood resin, Musk. The unmistakable aroma of high grade sinking wood, heavenly! I just need to heat some now 😂
They are great, quality of wood is top too.
I love oud wood/oils that smell completely different than what one would expect oud to smell like (woody, leathery, resinous and dark)
All these floral, fruity, aquatic, ethereal top notes tingle my olfactory nerves and put me in a good mood 💆🏻‍♂️
Pretty much same, unusual notes / special notes always make mood great.
How is the fragrance?
flowery, strong medicinal notes, Intense cooling, soft elegant sweetness, spice touch, milky
The piece in room temp have lots of flowers and medicinal notes mostly, and its strong
I'm thinking to make it a pendant =)
 
After my morning prayer, a piece of Hindi(from my coming SOUL OF INDIA project) and a cup of tea on my primitive but functional diy subitisim
Every breath we take in peace is priceless
View attachment 41765
I don't know about anybody else but I love the industrial grade subitism! Now that looks like a freaking unit of an incense heater...
 
I'm going to call this wild Nha Trang because that's what I was told it was and I don't have any evidence to the contrary. Have snapped off a couple of little bits, put it on my heater and cranked it straight up to 200 degrees. Before it got anywhere near that hot, visible vapour was absolutely pouring out of the bowl. Very strong menthol, tart apple skin and vanilla. Very happy with this chip whatever it is.
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
I love Hindi wood, there a good reason it’s so beloved in the GCC. As soon as it’s on the sub or coal, the top note is unmistakable, you know you’re heating Indian oud! A very regal, loyal, rich aroma.
I wish I enjoyed it to be honest, hindi oud always looks the best in pictures...

Maybe I haven't tried the right hindi, but it's always been at the back of the shelf for me
 
The wrong places, apparently. I'll keep my eye out
I assume most of the good stuff goes in bulk straight to the gulf.

I suggest contacting Al Shareef, The Oud Lab, Rising Phoenix & inquiring about some of their wild high grade Hindi woods. These guys have some beautiful Hindi wood.
Honestly, I can’t be bothered buying through sellers on instagram etc. I’d rather pay the premium & be guaranteed excellent wood, curated by discerning noses. In my opinion, you end up saving money & yourself from disappointing transactions.
 
Sintong - mesOUD.

Another stunning piece of wood from Borneo. Thank you Mehmet.
Smells exactly like some Oud oils from Malinau I own. Such a vivid cinnamon note up top, very bright but warm & spicy. Fresh cool jungle rain forest, greenery & moss. Followed by a beautiful vanilla, fruits & resins. Heavenly aroma.

Brother Mehmet was very generous sharing some beautiful samples of his wood with me in an recent order, all have been amazing so far. A top nose in our community.
 
Back
Top