Red Soil Kyara from brother kos.

Basically a couple of hours session, im so mind buzzed and relaxed at the same time and kinda psychedelic that I cant really detail most of the notes. It has all the qualities of an amazing Kinamic Cambodian, but I got told my Kosmas that it is Vietnamese @language scent... so weird how it can have such a heavy cambodian smell to it. Beautiful none the less.

Very strong mint, resinous sweet candy and sour cherries, Cambodian-like oudiness, sweet berries, slight creamy vanillic notes, spices, liquid caramel, some red florals mixed with the cherry note, dark and semi-sweet chocolate, and chocolate cake, bitter, (semi)-sweet, candied cherry sourness forest notes with nice greenery, wet earthiness and wet soil mud... delicious kyara 😍😍😍😍.
 
Last edited:
Red Soil Kyara from brother kos.

Basically a couple of hours session, im so mind buzzed and relaxed at the same time and kinda psychedelic that I cant really detail most of the notes but this wood is definitely from Cambodia. It has all the qualities of an amazing Kinamic Cambodian oud oil that probably hasnt been made yet to this level of quality.

Very strong mint, resinous sweet candy and sour cherries, Cambodian-like oudiness, sweet berries, slight creamy vanillic notes, spices, liquid caramel, some red florals mixed with the cherry note, dark and semi-sweet chocolate, and chocolate cake, bitter, (semi)-sweet, candied cherry sourness forest notes with nice greenery, wet earthiness and wet soil mud... delicious kyara 😍😍😍😍.
Well, tell that to yamadamatsu. The souls I sent you are yamadamatsu
 
I cut some of this white kyara the other day. High pitched medicine! Floral, herbal, sweet spicy bitterness. Extremely medicinal relaxation.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    4B77A321-FBAE-454E-9CB0-155904E97A2C.webp
    178.6 KB · Views: 68
NTT sandalwood from mesOUD! this stuff burns like oudh, in that the opening is floral and buttery and it isnt until later where the lightly spicy notes emerge. i blasted this piece at the end to ash it up for fun and there wasnt a bad smell to be found in it! it just gets overly woody and very very sweet.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    20241111_165224.webp
    66.3 KB · Views: 55
  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    20241111_165700.webp
    117.4 KB · Views: 51
Some west Kalimantan (Melawi) on the subitism from @Maunamoku. This one needed higher temps, but that may reflect the particular cut that I made from the sample. Aroma was at first dry with mushroomy nuances - one of the baieiedo rikkoku woods has a bit of this opening, forget which. Then salty dry mineral aspects with a bit of labdanum / fecal funk follows, brings Baieido's chipped indonesian oud box to mind (the small rectangular blue(?) boxe with the bag of granules). This seems like a comparable material.

When I smell that funk i see it as a sign to turn the temp up - this might be a good one to put on a coal that has had time to form a nice thick layer of ash. This is one I would share with a connoisseur but probably not with someone who had never smelled oud on a burner before due to the fecal aspect. I don't see a lot of people mentioning this fecal note when heating oud which makes me wonder if it's something about my own perception. I sent a sample of a different wood i have which i perceive as fecal to someone whose nose i trust and they didn't pick up on anything funky with it.

IMG_1066.jpeg
 
Alex's Sinking Purple Cultivated Kinam. A very long session, around an hour or so if not slightly longer, I think anyway, I just maxed my timer out on my kinam heater and never looked at the time, but I think it was atleast an hour. Aroma was starting to happen at around 80c at a nice level, 100c it was quite strong, 120c was a sweet spot for awhile, then I had to move up to 140c then stayed there for quite awhile, then I moved to 160c just before ending my session. So, sweet spot for me right now is 140-160c (mainly 160c now).

This stuff, and I swear, this stuff, does not have that cultivated kinam profile to it that everyone that has tried normal CK and Kyara know how different it is and what that normal CK profile is. But this Sinking Purple Cultivated Kinam from @TheAgarwoodShop smells the closest to wild that I have ever smelled, and I have went through a lot of CK, and I also know what the real stuff smells like too... its insane. Alex's reason for it was that most CK harvests are harvested after 4-6 years (or so) after planting/grafting etc, whereas this one was harvested after, (correct me if I am wrong Alex) I think around 13-14 or so years and then aged (as CK and normal Kyara does age and get better with age, while most aloeswoods dont, probably down to the high oil contents in CK and real kyara, kinda like how oud oils age, not privy on the whole topic about it though, so I will leave it there).

Strong resinous notes, beautiful juicy purple berries and purple florals, sweetness, creamy vanillic notes, golden type honey notes and spiciness. Semi-sweet, spicy and some pleasantly bitter forest grassy and soil earthy notes, oudiness, elegant resinous wood notes, powdery notes, powdery florals, ocean notes with a salty kind of tone to the breeze, strong (but short lasting) fresh green mintiness, and red sour slightly sweet, candied-like cherry notes.

Sinking Purple CK.jpg
 
Last edited:
Today's Session:

- Red Soil:

a stunning piece. floral nutty sweet bitter, the best red soil I've tried till now. I can see why some people like soil wood so much.

- Kyara from Shoyeido:
every time I heat this wood I got an amber musky aroma to it. very uplifting and delicious. smells like an Arabian Mukhalat with bitter up top notes.

- "Thousand Flowers" Kyara:
bitter floral sweet and purple. relaxing effect is guaranteed. pretty one indeed!
 
Back
Top