Today's Session:

- Yellow Redsoil:

not a fan. vegetative green notes with a wet human skin smell. maybe my way of heating was not excellent, still not a fan lol.

- "Forest Scripture" Kyara:
Wow! breathtakingly green kyara with balanced notes and elegance.

- Vietnamase Agarwood:
smells very nice, yellow floral and honey milky sweet notes.
 
Today's Session:

- Yellow Redsoil:

not a fan. vegetative green notes with a wet human skin smell. maybe my way of heating was not excellent, still not a fan lol.

- "Forest Scripture" Kyara:
Wow! breathtakingly green kyara with balanced notes and elegance.

- Vietnamase Agarwood:
smells very nice, yellow floral and honey milky sweet notes.
“Vegetative green notes with a wet human skin smell” 🤢

Not what you expect from Vietnamese yellow soil Agarwood.
 
Today's Session:

- Yellow Redsoil:

not a fan. vegetative green notes with a wet human skin smell. maybe my way of heating was not excellent, still not a fan lol.

- "Forest Scripture" Kyara:
Wow! breathtakingly green kyara with balanced notes and elegance.

- Vietnamase Agarwood:
smells very nice, yellow floral and honey milky sweet notes.
Looool
Reminded me of that chinese sourced kinam smelled like stink socks.

Heating Kyara "Vermicelli"
Great wood, uplifting
 
Yamadamatsu Kyara

sweet honey bitter kyara, at 100 C smells exactly like Jinkoh Store Emperor of China oud oil, with the bitter sweet honey note.
every piece has slightly different aroma, so they keep me intrigued every time.

[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
Hmm... Mandeel, when you burn, are you creating lots of smoke? I've been heating my wood, just to where it releases scent but very rarely is there more than a little wisp of smoke. This way, I get to enjoy all the nuances of the scent, during a long gentle burn... and without the smoke. I would imagine this would be way healthier!
How did u achieve this level of heat? On coal or electric?
 
Finally getting the hang of wood on charcoal. Burning Kalimantan from Etsy. I was finally able to coax out some very pleasant aromas by letting the coal burn longer and using a thicker piece of wood. I started off using such small and thin pieces it would burn up before smelling good.

The aroma opened with a fresh earthiness similar to evergreen. Then small hints of leather earth and a little bit of sweetness.

Really liking burning wood now that I’ve figured it out a bit. I’ll continue to practice with this cheaper wood before I step up to something nicer. I’d like something a bit sweeter next time.
 
Vintage Hainan Aloeswood from brother in aroma Kosmas. 60min session on the heater, not a super complex wood but not a super simple wood either, kinda in the happy middle.

Sweet creamy vanillic resinous, musty old wooden furniture aloeswood note, super strong oceanic breeze that was really refreshing as if i was in the fresh air with the ocean saltiness, red and purple berries with slightly candied sour cherry, with a misty perfumey floral note, forest greenery, spiciness and herbs and spices, some semi-sweet, tiny bit bitter earthy notes and sweet creamy, milky dark chocolate-like notes and some oak moss, and musky notes, with some acidity, and some BUTTERY note too*. <<< Forgot to add that in.

Nice wood. Very enjoyable. First time trying a good quality vintage wild Sinensis and Hainan.

Hainan.jpg


Hainan on heater.jpg
 
Last edited:
Shawq - ASO.
I’ll have to pick up more of this wood while it’s available. I’m halfway done with my current batch & I don’t want to be without this aroma profile. Shawq is a daily burn for me, not in regard to pricing but because it suits my mood frequently.
Although the top note is wonderful & faithfully showcases a high grade Assamese profile, it’s all about the resinous incense bottom note for my tastes. Often this is the case with Indian wood, while Crassna or Sinensis woods exhibits those floral, fruity, luminous, sometimes Kinamic top note qualities, Indian wood is bass heavy, deep, dark, strong.

Shawq is a perfect example of majestic Assamese wood. Leather, tobacco, white flowers, spices. After 30 mins on the sub, a divine vanilla-labdanum-tonka reveals itself, sweet but not the red fruit-caramel sweetness you often see with Crassna woods, more of a musky amber sweetness. Notes of worn leather, cigar tobacco, nutmeg, ambergris have filled my space. A masculine, old world, regal aroma.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top