Sinking malinau chips.

They look very unassuming like rough chips but man does the aroma pack a serious punch. I used scissors to cut a small piece down to a rough powder and the aroma exploded.

Strong mint and the clearest strawberry note Ive ever gotten in a wood. Some kind of purple flowers and honey like sweetness.

Genuinely a bit psychoactive as well which is the first time Ive felt this from a non kyara wood but the mintiness on this is quite penetrating.

Im blown away, especially considering it was $6 a gram.
You can not simply taunt the quality of wood at such price and not share the source with the community lol
 
P1120676.png


I've been heating New Mountain Merchant's Austrailian sandalwood powder lately.
a few spoons on a folded aluminium foil can last for several hours.
it's not a wowzer but quite pleasant smelling sandalwood.
sweet, creamy, a bit zesty, and comforting.
 
Phuoc Son Red Soil - Hao Hao Tram Huong Hanoi.This stuff is nuts. It has the feel and delicacy of honey comb. Not sticky but in the weight of it and it literally crumbles into a powder with just a little pressure from my fingers. The seller whom I found in Hanoi was a little reluctant to let this go and it wasn't actually for sale in the store. But we had such a good time talking and drinking tea that he sold me a couple of grams. He was throwing it on charcoal which was a bit much. You just miss so much doing it like that, I find anyway. The wood has a very broad range of notes easily starting at 60 degress and making it's way up to 180. Soft and powdery, sweet and vanilla custard. Lovely stuff. It makes me a little nose blind rather quickly as it also has a warm mentholic note to it.
 
Last edited:
mesOUD - Pursat.

A stunning classical high grade Cambodi profile.
As opposed to Oudamberlove I purchased a small amount, resulting in a single 6.2 gram chunk.
Instead of detecting variations depending on the piece, my wood is a beautifully uniform aroma of ripe fruits, highly floral, honeyed, a deep red incensey resinous Crsssna note. Mehmet blessed me with a wonderful highly resinated piece of wood that clearly exhibits a Cambodi Kinam facet every time I heat it. I feel lucky indeed.
 
View attachment 42489

I've been heating New Mountain Merchant's Austrailian sandalwood powder lately.
a few spoons on a folded aluminium foil can last for several hours.
it's not a wowzer but quite pleasant smelling sandalwood.
sweet, creamy, a bit zesty, and comforting.

[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day

I enjoy heating this Aussie grown Album powder from Quintis in much the same way. Although it lacks that complex Indian floral tonality, it makes up for it with very buttery, lactonic creamy & gourmand vanillic notes. Quite impressive actually!
 
Phuoc Son Red Soil - Hao Hao Tram Huong Hanoi.This stuff is nuts. It has the feel and delicacy of honey comb. Not sticky but in the weight of it and it literally crumbles into a powder with just a little pressure from my fingers. The seller whom I found in Hanoi was a little reluctant to let this go and it wasn't actually for sale in the store. But we had such a good time talking and drinking tea that he sold me a couple of grams. He was throwing it on charcoal which was a bit much. You just miss so much doing it like that, I find anyway. The wood has a very broad range of notes easily starting at 60 degress and making it's way up to 180. Soft and powdery, sweet and vanilla custard. Lovely stuff. It makes me a little nose blind rather quickly as it also has a warm mentholic note to it.
That's great, the red soil is indeed special wood, a top tier one make you drool.
 
View attachment 42499
I enjoy heating this Aussie grown Album powder from Quintis in much the same way. Although it lacks that complex Indian floral tonality, it makes up for it with very buttery, lactonic creamy & gourmand vanillic notes. Quite impressive actually!
Sounds great. It has been nice seeing these plantations come online, fantastic that Sandalwood is somewhat main stream and sustainably cultivated.
 
KZ Brunei Microcarpa

Some pieces fully resinated.
As stated, it is what was sold as Brunei k.
Brunei K had some aroma variations from piece to piece, and I suspect the same with the Microcarpa batch, although majority of the pieces appear more uniform, they are bead scrap shaped, whereas Brunei K had some chunk pieces that didn’t look like bead scraps which I suspect were the tea grade stuff.

I don’t get the powdery floral that I get with the KZ premium heartwood, the Microcarpa seems more sharp and tangy, and has some licorice at the base. I need to explore this batch some more.
 
Hindi Jura/Zora oud chips next to Indian frankincense.
Hindi oud is known already, spicy, slightly sweet and floral. Indian frankincense isn’t my favorite but it has its place. Woody Smokey resinous and very little citrus, and oddly enough reminds me of the stale cannabis cigarettes I saw in Amsterdam cafes. I only noticed that scent now. The citrus is also odd, with Omani frankincense its bright fresh and hits the tip of the nose, but the Indian is felt in the back of the nose, it’s more bitter, almost like lime or lemon rind or seeds.
I have a whole bag of the frankincense and I won’t burn it that much, it might turn out better in a tincture.

Edit; Indian frankincense
 
Last edited:
Sounds great. It has been nice seeing these plantations come online, fantastic that Sandalwood is somewhat main stream and sustainably cultivated.
Quintis is the business that folded along with the S.Album plantation. I believe they were the brick and mortar outlet. As far as I'm aware the Aussie sandalwood that they used to sell is all wild and you can now get it from New Mountain. Definitely worth getting a bag as it's amazing stuff and very cheap.
 
Last edited:
Tarakan Classic - Kangiiten. Really nice, quite unlike any wood I have smelled before actually. Currently still under 100 degrees and it puts out a warm and spicy scent. Slightly sweet almost kinamic to be honest. It's making me think of a woodscraftman's workshop. A cosy place to be.
 
Back
Top