Kyarazen/Kangiiten - Brunei Microcarpa
I only did a low heat session from 60 to 100°. Aquatic, ethereal, piercing, antiseptic? aroma but I felt a kinamic quality that was tingling my nose and even opened my nose airway
The aroma was faint but I will add more wood and go higher with the heat next time and see how far the aroma and effects go
 
KZ Brunei Microcarpa

Some pieces fully resinated.
As stated, it is what was sold as Brunei k.
Brunei K had some aroma variations from piece to piece, and I suspect the same with the Microcarpa batch, although majority of the pieces appear more uniform, they are bead scrap shaped, whereas Brunei K had some chunk pieces that didn’t look like bead scraps which I suspect were the tea grade stuff.

I don’t get the powdery floral that I get with the KZ premium heartwood, the Microcarpa seems more sharp and tangy, and has some licorice at the base. I need to explore this batch some more.
I also find it sharp & tangy
Kinda like the smell of opening a new plastic wrapped gift 😅
 
Antique Nha Trang that I scraped this morning and now am reveling in intense and piercing aroma.
Is this typical of a good Nha Trang? I got a few nice pieces of genuine wild Nha Trang whilst in Vietnam and I've found since heating it that the oils are really volatile. Intense and piercing are a good way of diescribing it as it litterally made my eyes water. The vapor that came off it was immediate and almost like a puff of cloud.
 
been had a flu cold or idk what the last 4 days, shivers, bone pain and light fever and tiny lung itch that has not progressed thanks to my strong immune system........so.......today............................. i decided to heat demwoodz and it made a huge difference in mood!

"Longevity palace" managa....just unexplainable beauty. the more i heat it the more i realize it smells less and less like kinam but is on another group all on its own. i been heating it left and right all day couple minutes at a time. such a charming and lovable complexity.

also heating a famous 61kinds rakoku....breath taking atomic bomb loudness even at 60c and it smells similar to some of my favorite kyara....just a couple pin notes that is...

i am so lucky and blessed beyond my dreams ever were before having acquired all these beauties.

much love to the wood gods, wizards, fairies, keepers etc etc etc(i know yall hiding out here on ouddict under some hypothetical mortal profile 😉 i am grateful more than i can express.

cheers to all
 
Hainan!! Ah this wood….Everytime I heat it I want to cry. 60c Bright flowers and sweet honey drenched alien flowers, extreme quality yellow kyara resin, and at 100c other worldly warm cinnamon like spices, lotus, pear, more flowers. I have near 3 grams and I feel like a millionaire. Just a couple razor shavings not even .001g projects such beauty. It’s like a dream come true that you still don’t believe it. The best agarwood in the world! I wish I had a perfume to smell like this …what a heavenly world that would be…we half way there!
 
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day

[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day

[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day

Just received buried ancient Filipino.
It’s my first time trying Filipino oud and I’m enchanted, it’s all regions in one oud. You’re getting sweet, vanilla, camphor, lush green, vibrant flowers, a little spicy, a little wood, there’s notes that I can’t even describe, it’s like a complex spray perfume not oud. Now I understand why it’s so sought after and expensive. And it’s full of oil! At least the pieces I tried. The photos don’t serve justice.
 
Back
Top