I have multiple heaters, but the one I use the most is this one

[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day


You can find it on Aliexpress.
 
Prices have gone up just a little bit
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
I have several. The most expensive was from Shoyeido. I can sometimes get their thin, pre cut chips to bubble. But their wood is very expensive. I have lots of wood that it doesn't work with. A sub I bought should be here today. So lets hope that works.

Thanks for the reply.

Jor
 
Prices have gone up just a little bit View attachment 47293
WTF!!?? I have one and I thought $400 AUD was bloody expensive. What's all that about? Why are they so expensive in the first place? I have a mate who pulled a broken one apart and there isn't much to them on the inside. Yet it seemss ALIexpress is the only place that sells them online? Somehow they have cornered the market on this particular one.
 
WTF!!?? I have one and I thought $400 AUD was bloody expensive. What's all that about? Why are they so expensive in the first place? I have a mate who pulled a broken one apart and there isn't much to them on the inside. Yet it seemss ALIexpress is the only place that sells them online? Somehow they have cornered the market on this particular one.
This is a price you would only see in the United States, at least half of that is just the tax/tariff collected by our government from whoever buys it. It's lunacy!
 
I found a hidden treasure under my bed yesterday from Abu Tominaga. A treat he enclosed with an order from last year. Mopping paid off🙂

Oud Lab is just a an insane resource for any perfumer or fragrance adventurer. I recommend reaching out to him if you are making an attar or perfume or incense, or if your are looking for just the right oil. You can be really picky describing exactly what you are looking for and where you are going with your vision.

I gently heated up the tiniest few tendrils on a Kyara heater, enhancing it's already gifted ambience, a sensual deep dark fuzzy chocolate Tarakan.

˚     *     ✦   .  .   ✦ ˚      ˚ .˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .             ੈ✧̣̇˳·˖✶ ✦​

 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_8996.webp
    197.5 KB · Views: 78
I am now burning a paper-thin agarwood I found on etsy with good ratings. It's called

Agarwood - Grade AAA​

and it's sold by

ScentientArt​

from Oregon. But it ships from Arizona in the USA. I think I paid $50 for 10 grams. I don't think it's AAA+ quality because it doesn't last. So far, I've had the best luck buying from Shoyeido and Oudimentary. If you know of any vendors that sell thick, really resinous woods for my new sub, drop me a line! With tariffs in effect/place, I can no longer source from Japan, where the Shoyeido and Yamadamatsu wood chips are much more affordable.

It's so thin I have to have it on thre lowest setting on my new sub, and it leaves the mica sticky. It's nice, but I like the more ressionous Imperial Chinese from Oudimentory.

I also bought some wood from noble aroma. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm going to search for them as soon as I click Post Review. See ya!

Joe
 
I am now burning a paper-thin agarwood I found on etsy with good ratings. It's called

Agarwood - Grade AAA​

and it's sold by

ScentientArt​

from Oregon. But it ships from Arizona in the USA. I think I paid $50 for 10 grams. I don't think it's AAA+ quality because it doesn't last. So far, I've had the best luck buying from Shoyeido and Oudimentary. If you know of any vendors that sell thick, really resinous woods for my new sub, drop me a line! With tariffs in effect/place, I can no longer source from Japan, where the Shoyeido and Yamadamatsu wood chips are much more affordable.

It's so thin I have to have it on thre lowest setting on my new sub, and it leaves the mica sticky. It's nice, but I like the more ressionous Imperial Chinese from Oudimentory.

I also bought some wood from noble aroma. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm going to search for them as soon as I click Post Review. See ya!

Joe
@Habz786 sells some good sinking grade wood. Grab some oils from him while you're there.
 
AlHindoud - Wild Sabah. Now that I can comfortably keep my veranda door closed as it's no longer hot I can get stuck into a bunch of these woods I've been collecting. Going through the samples first. This wild Sabah has a sweet dusty scent to it.
 
AlHindoud - Wild Sabah. Now that I can comfortably keep my veranda door closed as it's no longer hot I can get stuck into a bunch of these woods I've been collecting. Going through the samples first. This wild Sabah has a sweet dusty scent to it.

That's so funny. We are just on the bend of finally having decent weather and being able to keep windows open for fresh air. 😂
 
Today I study the comparaison of two wood.


1/ Sabah


2/ vietnam


It is incredible how the scent profile are different.


Sabah is very sweet with honey and orange peel when the vietnam is spicy with leather and some barn.
Sabah arguably one of the most beautiful Malaysians out there with a very consistent smell across different sources. Vietnam I find has a wide variety of scents depending on regions I prefer closer to Hainan, China to find a slightly sweet but very resinous scent.
 
Back
Top