TASFragrance on Etsy.

Sinking Grade Naturally Cultivated Purple Kynam Chips from Hainan, China​

This one is a long time coming mostly because I have only burned it once and it was the best cultivated Kynam that I have tried.It opens icy vanilla and takes you for a ride!
I save this piece and take it out to enjoy the unheated aroma and I'm sure I wil burn more but I am more than satisfied to inhale it naked.Very nice indeed.Alex is great to work with.
 
TASFragrance on Etsy.

Sinking Grade Naturally Cultivated Purple Kynam Chips from Hainan, China​

This one is a long time coming mostly because I have only burned it once and it was the best cultivated Kynam that I have tried.It opens icy vanilla and takes you for a ride!
I save this piece and take it out to enjoy the unheated aroma and I'm sure I wil burn more but I am more than satisfied to inhale it naked.Very nice indeed.Alex is great to work with.
I have some of this and agree that it's really something else.
 
I've been meaning to get my Brunei K out again as it's been a while. I also have a bottle of the Beccariana but am yet to heat this. My observations on the Brunei K are pretty much the same as the last which is it just doesn't do much for me. The piecing cherry is definitely there and I am enjoying it but these chips are too random to ever seem to successfully get a nice smell from without burning them. They're just not worth the effort. Unless the wood is sinking grade ( from Kangiiten) I'm going to stick to powder. Thanks for the link. The Sabily stuff looks amazing!
I absolutely agree with you that these chips were too random for success. I finally just torched them on coal with other incense. It's a waste of my time trying to coax anything.

Although you ultimately got some toothpaste🙂 The Wild Ceram arrived in the mail yesterday. It is very good! I would prefer paying double the price of the Brunei for something good.

I get irritated when I am sold stuff that others want to just get rid of. And I am REALLY not thinking about Kangiiten. The stuff I got from Fushigi, was a total burn, they should have not sold to anyone. Of the 8 woods I got maybe 1 was respectable? People who sell agarwood or oud to get rid of their reject stash.. grrrr.

A comment recently that really annoyed me by a purveyor of woods admitted not wanting to sell something because it was too good. I found that revealing. I understand as collectors the urge to covet certain gems. But sellers do themselves a disservice passing on what they know sucks.
 
Last edited:
Fired up my sub for the first time in over eighteen months thereabouts. I am going to start with cultivated kinam cause it is a very pleasant burn and doesn't move around to much in notes. It burns well from my memory, that is, I start of at about 11v and can get a nice scent right up to around 22v.
One dimensional but I like it.
 
Fired up my sub for the first time in over eighteen months thereabouts. I am going to start with cultivated kinam cause it is a very pleasant burn and doesn't move around to much in notes. It burns well from my memory, that is, I start of at about 11v and can get a nice scent right up to around 22v.
One dimensional but I like it.
Wow! 22volts! I haven't gone past 16 and that's after a few days. CK heats for such a long time (potentially weeks) I get a bit bored of it and need to put something else on. Layering can be fun. To change it up a little I'll put on a couple of bits of a flat chip and then sit the CK chip on top of that. Makes for some nice scent changes.
 
Last edited:
Heated a bunch of these pieces over the weekend on charcoal. Left the house with the kids then returned back, I was blown away by the scent that greeted us. Pristine crisp early morning ocean breeze, mangoes, some lime, felt like I was in the Maldives.
20250623_125355.jpg

These are the left overs pieces from my distillation for Vathimi Raja, our Walla Patta oil.
 
Heated a bunch of these pieces over the weekend on charcoal. Left the house with the kids then returned back, I was blown away by the scent that greeted us. Pristine crisp early morning ocean breeze, mangoes, some lime, felt like I was in the Maldives.
View attachment 47754
These are the left overs pieces from my distillation for Vathimi Raja, our Walla Patta oil.
Omg this is making my palms sweaty. Heart on fire.
 
Back
Top