Beautiful 🤩 Sri Lankan on low heat.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_4660.webp
    242.5 KB · Views: 76
  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_4661.webp
    259.3 KB · Views: 73
  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_4665.webp
    106.1 KB · Views: 73
And I'm still trying to get good resin out of my woods. I've taken all the advice here, warming up the wood at 10 volts, slowly increasing it. I get nothing unless it's at 17 volts, and then the wood chars a bit, so it burns, and that does not smell good. I highly recommend NOT buying agarwood from https://enfleurage.com/agarwood-chips/. Pay more to avoid disappointment.
I actually got her chips years ago and they were a very good daily burn. Some woods just don't lend themselves to the subitism. I use every permutation for fumigation depending on the wood. Do you have a warmer? Also consider coal with a snowy white ashy top. I know it can be frustrating...
 
Finally getting around to trying Kangiiten - Brunei Beccariana. A decent chunky chip that's very dark in colour, but like Brunei K really difficult to coax anything out of other than a lightly perfumed burnt note. I'll keep mucking around with it but initially it's a bit disappointing. It's only the Brunei chips that I have this issue with.
 
Last edited:
Alright, I'm pulling out the big guns now because that Brunei chip was useless. Currently heating a chip of Old Papuan soil - Yusa Aromatics Taiwanese collection. Yeah, you heard me. Presently smelling like a perfumed forgotten library. I reckon this piece could go for days. I'm only on 13volts.
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
"Spring of The Inn" Kyara
Red Soil Kyara

This green kyara is very loud at 60C with the samllest shaving I could think of, on the other hand the red soil kyara is very obvious as the temperature increases then I need to increase the temperature to get clean notes, and it starts to be obvious at 180C and continues to do so.
 
1000010852.jpg

Lit a little Palo Santo for a change of pace today. Translated from Spanish as "sacred wood", Bursera Graveolens has been burned ritualistically by inhabitants in the Yucatan peninsula for centuries. It is part of the Burseraceae family, which includes trees that produce frankincense and myrrh. The tree is widely used in ritual purification and as a traditional remedy for various ailments, such as stomach aches, and as a sudorific and liniment for rheumatism.
 
View attachment 48309
Lit a little Palo Santo for a change of pace today. Translated from Spanish as "sacred wood", Bursera Graveolens has been burned ritualistically by inhabitants in the Yucatan peninsula for centuries. It is part of the Burseraceae family, which includes trees that produce frankincense and myrrh. The tree is widely used in ritual purification and as a traditional remedy for various ailments, such as stomach aches, and as a sudorific and liniment for rheumatism.
It's an interesting one for sure. I used to burn a bit of it but it's too much for me now and always gives me a headache. Rather than a resin, like frankincense and myrrh, it produces an oil and then only when the tree has either fallen naturally from age or felled. It then needs to lie undisturbed on the forest floor for a good while before this oil forms. Of course, because of it's rise in popularity, the tree, ( like agarwood) is becoming quite sparse and rare in the wild to the point of being endangered. I believe they are creating plantations to counter this but it takes time.
 
Last edited:
Kangiiten - Wild Sulawesi powder. Bit of a ride with this powder. Nice room temp smell. This means the starting temperature of 60 already releases a scent. Steady climb to about 120 and I can comfortably sit there for a while. From 120 to 175 its stunning. A cooling menthol with a soft candy note but not like the sour cherry/candy apple this time. More like marshmallow. Very nice powder.
 

This Sarawak wood from @Al Shareef Oudh is one of the best of the 15+ I have in my library. Resin comes out of every pore - I will do some macro video at some point. Pricey but by my figuring this is far less than what I would pay for a single drink, were I a drinker - and this has no hangover.
 

This Sarawak wood from @Al Shareef Oudh is one of the best of the 15+ I have in my library. Resin comes out of every pore - I will do some macro video at some point. Pricey but by my figuring this is far less than what I would pay for a single drink, were I a drinker - and this has no hangover.
The after scent is to die for, love it on the beard and clothes. this wood always surprises me, doesnt matter which piece the resin just bubbles through.
 
Back
Top