Kangiiten - Wild Leyte powder. Very fragrant from the bottle at room temp. Starting at 60 degrees produces a noticeable warm chai masala scent. Bumped up to 80 and this is where it goes completely sideways! Suddenly I'm smelling something akin to perfumed almonds! Never have I smelled this before from a wood powder. In saying that though this is also the first time I have smelled a wood from this region so maybe this is typical? I wouldn't know? Either way it's incredibly complex and I'm now beginning to understand why people go nuts for wood ( and oil ) from the Philippines.
 
Old Nha Trang - Yusa

These nugs are still putting out aroma - I reckon this little piece has been on low heat for 6+ hours and is still going strong. Money well spent for the single gram.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_1040.webp
    162.1 KB · Views: 157
Mookie what I have! Shoyeido may be overpriced, but I have high regards for their heritage and quality.

Joe
Looking good 🙂
 
  • Like
Reactions: Joe
Looking good 🙂
It does, right @Mr.P Good stuff. I can smell the resin, not just the burning blonde wood. However, what excites me is this trio: https://aromology.com/products/oud-...-bakhoor-incense?_pos=22&_fid=38a48dd37&_ss=c

I like Muattar in general; few have left me disappointed, but Aromology.com got it right, very well done. I don't care if they made it themselves, which I think they do, or order it from China, I love it nonetheless!

 
Back
Top