Maybe! It goes up to 530! I’ll use an IR gun to check soon
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_9842.webp
    83.8 KB · Views: 80
Can't wait to get mine ! I see that you are using the spiderweb tray, have you found any advantage using it instead of the standard mica plate ?
from miki lee?

Their Instagram is pretty interesting, they are unusually forthcoming with information about kinam and its cultivation, etc.
 
from miki lee?

Their Instagram is pretty interesting, they are unusually forthcoming with information about kinam and its cultivation, etc.
Yep I ordered a subitism from her a couple days ago !

I agree, she regularly shares interesting and detailed stuff on CK. She seems to be really passionated about it, and she was very helpful to answer my questions.
 
from miki lee?

Their Instagram is pretty interesting, they are unusually forthcoming with information about kinam and its cultivation, etc.
She does. I've also seen her go on rather angry rants when someone accuses her of using innoculant on her tree's, claiming that CK can be formed no other way. She like to be as transparent as possible. Fair enough too. She has put in an insane amount of work (and funds) to produce CK so she has a right to defend her practices.
 
Nippon Kodo Sizuro Vietnamese

Lovely sweetness,
more fruits than flowers,
honey, medicine, wood,
and oudiness.

Like a swipe of good oud.
I'm burning this right now, well, warming it. The Shoyeido is more expensive but, in my opinion, better, and you get more. 10 grams instead of 3. The Nippon Kodo is $100 for 3 grams of granulated chips, and the Shoyeido is $339 for 10 grams (you can get a grade lower for $200 for 10 grams, but the owner of japaincense gave me a discount for the Matsu grade), so they're basically the same price, give or take a gram.
 
I'm burning this right now, well, warming it. The Shoyeido is more expensive but, in my opinion, better, and you get more. 10 grams instead of 3. The Nippon Kodo is $100 for 3 grams of granulated chips, and the Shoyeido is $339 for 10 grams (you can get a grade lower for $200 for 10 grams, but the owner of japaincense gave me a discount for the Matsu grade), so they're basically the same price, give or take a gram.
You never know what batch or lot you’ll get, they’re not standardized, and within each batch, profiles may vary from piece to piece. I’ve had some good and not so good from both Nippon Kodo’s Sizuro Vietnamese, and Shoyeido Matsu. I probably had 95 grams of Shoyeido’s Matsu, and 90 grams of Nippon Kodo Sizuro Vietnamese, and 150 grams of Sizuro Borneo. I’d say the Matsu showed over 10 variations in profiles, the Vietnamese around 7 variations, and the Borneo around 5 (the most consistent).
Of the 7 the Vietnamese had 2 variations that were out of this world good.

My latter purchases of the Sizuros showed less desireable lots, more lesser stuff mixed in, that’s why I stopped getting more.
 
West Vietnamese wood - free gift from PureOudh.com - a delicious sweet and creamy smell. Rare wife approval certified.

Regarding the spiderweb … I like having a separation between the foundational mica and my burn circle disc… just “feels” more likely not to have hot spots? There is more than enough heat available so….
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_9882.webp
    162 KB · Views: 68
Yusa Aromatics - Tarakan Borneo/Vintage Taiwanese Collection

This is such a beautiful incense feeling to this wood. It’s like bitter cloves and spices and feels like the end of year holidays. It has a deep earthy resinous scent to it as the wood gently exudes oily bubbles on the sub.

[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
Yusa Aromatics - Tarakan Borneo/Vintage Taiwanese Collection

This is such a beautiful incense feeling to this wood. It’s like bitter cloves and spices and feels like the end of year holidays. It has a deep earthy resinous scent to it as the wood gently exudes oily bubbles on the sub.

View attachment 49455
Can I ask where you have that dialed to get it bubbling please?
 
Yusa Aromatics - Malaysian Terangannu Ants Nest

The opening was a powerful and earthy very green Kyara-ish scent. The wood is really dense with the scent profile changing. It’s very resinous and smells less of Oud and more of incense. It’s so beautiful. That clove, cinnamon and coffee profile is amazing.

IMG_1313-min.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Back
Top